Boeheim, SU Basketball at a Crossroads | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim, SU Basketball at a Crossroads

We need a 'dislike' button

I agree with this. Less about what you posted it in reply to (I don't think he needs to go, but I'm probably more concerned than I've ever been). More because I just think it would be a cool feature.

xroad2.jpg

Lost in the past 3 years is the transfer of Gbinije. Imagine the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 teams without G. No Final Four, possible sub-.500 seasons, and we're looking at a three year stretch of NCAA ban, NIT, NIT.

"All of the above could prove sufficient for a mid-tier ACC finish, but in the bigger picture, Syracuse needs a personnel plan going forward. In its ACC era, the program has had a succession of excellent, though not quite top-10, recruits -- Jerami Grant, Tyler Ennis, Malachi Richardson and now Lydon -- perform well enough as freshmen and/or sophomores to leave early. Meanwhile, Syracuse's leading player for minutes in each of the past two seasons has been a major-conference transfer in his senior season: Michael Gbinije in 2015-16 and White last season."

Syracuse could also win the ACC as well.
We need more pieces for next year. We need Tucker and a fifth year kid.

Our roster problems are the HCs fault why is that hard for people to accept. JB is a legend and HOFer but he makes mistakes and he isn't above criticism.

There is zero chance Syracuse wins the ACC. We haven't really come close even with a full roster.

The writer must be a member of this board.

He's so negative. Come on, all is well.

You thought that was negative?

Not sure if the sarcasm went over my head from your post...

Lost in the past 3 years is the transfer of Gbinije. Imagine the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 teams without G. No Final Four, possible sub-.500 seasons, and we're looking at a three year stretch of NCAA ban, NIT, NIT.

Imagine 1981 without Leo no innaugral Big East Tourney Championship
Imagine 2003 without Melo no National Championship

Ah but we had those players.

This is an inane point.

Imagine SU basketball without JB, now that's something to really consider.

It wasn't negative at all. I don't know how a person could see it that way. We need to change our recruiting strategy and go after multiple kids at the same position and get ride of the option A, option B crap. We really like you but until you commit we have to do what is best for the program. I don't understand how a kid doesn't get that. It is amazing to me and I will never understand. If we change that we would see an upswing in recruitment and the players we get in my opinion. We can talk on and on about all zone and JB is 72 but the reality is we are letting kids drag us along with no fear their spot will be gone while they wait to see who leaves Duke/UK/KU etc.

well JB'S second 4 years (1980-84) his winning% dropped to 65 %. and that includes 2 NITS. an actual downturn if you will.
my point being as far as transitions go. roy left us in pretty good shape.

well JB'S second 4 years (1980-84) his winning% dropped to 65 %. and that includes 2 NITS. an actual downturn if you will.
What happened his third 4 years? His 4th 4 years? An actual upturn, if you will.

Totally unsure what point you are trying to make here.

well i can say his last 4 years he's winning at a 66 % clip. and just 2 tourneys. an actual downturn if you will and he best be planning for the next transition phase when he hands off the baton.

You can't be serious. Even landing Tucker/Ayala may not get us off the bubble. The team desperately needs ballhandling and scoring/shooting from the 3 spot. They should be ok at the 4/5 but good teams have threats everywhere and diversity. Recruiting looks really bleak for 2018 as well.
How does recruiting look really bleak for 2018?

i'm sorry dasher i thought you were a true believer in the coaching transition phase and that nobody could judge hopkins on his first 4 years cuz it wasn't really going to be "his team ". i guess you only use that argument when it suits your needs.
truly danforth's stamp was still on the program the first few years after he left. to argue otherwise is foolhardy.

You can't do that.

i'm sorry dasher i thought you were a true believer in the coaching transition phase and that nobody could judge hopkins on his first 4 years cuz it wasn't really going to be "his team ". i guess you only use that argument when it suits your needs.
truly danforth's stamp was still on the program the first few years after he left. to argue otherwise is foolhardy.
Were you around then? I was. Roy Danforth had very little, very little to do with JB's first four years. By the way, you just made that up about Hop's first 4 yers. I never said anything like that. I do think a coach has to be given time, but having been around for both Roy and JB, you are very wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom