Boeheim will coach tomorrow per Wildhack announcement | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim will coach tomorrow per Wildhack announcement

Weird statement "I have respectfully decided that Coach Boeheim will resume his coaching duties". Doesn't that imply he was told to stop coaching?

First thing I noticed as well.

Yeah. He needs to be talked to.

He is being talked to. By the media.

And he’s answering.
Because he’s a free person and not under some gag ruling.

Should he just answer whatever questions he’s getting asked with “no comment”, or maybe take a page out of Marshawn’s or Rasheed’s respective media playbooks, and just repeat the same non-answer answer to any questions asked?

Welp. The Jiminez family isn’t on board. Interesting.

Interesting...I'm sure you will eventually see some sort of civil suit even though it appears to be just a tragic accident with no fault. Good reminder to not leave your car if involved in accident or get a flat on an expressway.

Very interesting if true. But you can’t blame anyone so quickly after a tragedy like this as the family is likely in a state of shock and not exactly thinking clearly at the moment. Seems a family may not be so happy with all the press given to Boeheim( certainly not his choice) and not as much to the person killed.

Last edited:

And he’s answering.

Should he just answer whatever questions he’s getting asked with “no comment”, or maybe take a page out of Marshawn’s or Rasheed’s respective media playbooks, and just repeat the same non-answer answer to any questions asked?
I have the ability and right to talk about a lot of things that I shouldn’t.

And he’s answering.

He’s not a spokesperson for SU. He’s a fan with money who is friendly with the coach. Who’s judgement included that completely goofy car trip to see that recruit sign with Hop.

This is a serious matter and this type of
candor could be problematic.

Very interesting if true. But you can’t blame anyone so quickly after a tradgedy like this as the family is likely in a state of shock and not exactly thinking clearly at the moment. Seems a family may not be so happy with all the press given to Boeheim( certainly not his choice) and not as much to the person killed.

It’s bad enough to lose your family member, but to have it repeated over and over on TV has to be horrible as well.

There are no winners here.

He’s not a spokesperson for SU. He’s a fan with money who is friendly with the coach. Who’s judgement included that completely goofy car trip to see that recruit sign with Hop.

This is a serious matter and this type of
candor could be problematic.

I get it.

But this is still America, and he still has the right to answer those questions if he’s getting asked them.

How do you propose to stop him from doing so?

I’d imagine if JB or JW asked him to put a cork in it, he probably would.
So it appears they haven’t.

I think the media has actually done a pretty good job in recognizing Jimenez and his family. Of course the focus is heavily on Boeheim, the most famous man in Syracuse. Ultimately, for better or worse, it is his decision if he wants to coach. Its his way of dealing with it. The step son even said he doesn't want the game to be played. I get why he feels that way but no way the game isn't played. Life goes on

Where did we see this? Obviously not doubting you - just curious if there is a link.

I have the ability and right to talk about a lot of things that I shouldn’t.

You and every last other one of us.

Some people have discretion and candor.
Some have zero filter.

Yeah. He needs to be talked to.

It’s a delicate situation being handled with well thought out press releases. We really don’t need him shooting from the hip. He could easily say something that may reflect poorly on JB, SU, etc...

I get it.

But this is still America, and he still has the right to answer those questions if he’s getting asked them.

How do you propose to stop him from doing so?

I’d imagine if JB or JW asked him to put a cork in it, he probably would.
So it appears they haven’t.

Sometimes less is more. But this is the same guy who’s bringing Gronk to the game, so.

No idea if he’d listen if so.

Man, this clown needs to sit down.
Everything he said was innocuous. Yes he could have said no comment but seems he was trying to be supportive of JB, the family and the community. If he actually reached out to the press that’s one thing but if it was the other way around, I wouldn’t have done it but see no harm. He does seem a little self important , I will say that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom