Boeheim will coach tomorrow per Wildhack announcement | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim will coach tomorrow per Wildhack announcement

Everything he said was innocuous. Yes he could have said no comment but seems he was trying to be supportive of JB, the family and the community. If he actually reached out to the press that’s one thing but if it was the other way around, I wouldn’t have done it but see no harm.

I’m just sick of hearing from him.

Why is he always front and center in every story now?

This is a 19 year old kid in mourning. Can’t blame him for being bitter and irrational at this moment. One day he will realize it was not Boeheims fault. If his dad was hit by some random person he wouldn’t fault the guy for going to work 3 days later. I do think it was irresponsible for the media to ask the kid. Let him mourn in peace.

Last edited:
I don't see it as an enormous problem, .
by itself, no
but given
(a) the guy's background
(b) the program coming off its 2nd probation under jb's watch and
(c) the multiple public appearances by this guy giving the impression he is close in the program's orbit

hey, it's just me and w.t.h. am i? but it makes me uncomfortable

If JB was a mill worker, would they care?
Right. If I did this on Thursday would the family of the deceased not think it was OK that I go into work on Monday?

I’ll chalk up to what someone else, this kid is 19 and mourning the loss of his father

Also this puts to bed any thought of the family being at the game...which never made sense to begin with

Yeah. He needs to be talked to.

Opinion on two things:

Excuse me by going back to Wednesday night, but in all I read I saw no report of the “Chargers emergency systems being activated.” If you have run into the guard rail and your car is disabled resting perpendicular to the highway – maybe the least the driver should have done was to push the EMERGENCY LIGHTS BUTTON ON AND LEFT HIS LIGHTS ON so that on comers could see the light far ahead and slowed. There is that modicum of responsibility here on the disabled car and its driver and passengers. Unless you are going to tell me that hitting the guard rail took his battery out. Maybe that was the case if JB had to signal cars with his cell phone light?!

Also, there is this self appointed, it seems, spokesman saying:
Adam Weitsman, cont: "The community will be getting together. People will be excited. And people will be mourning. (Boeheim) should be there mourning too. We usually talk basketball. All we talked about today, was (Jimenez's) family."?

I doubt Jim gave this person permission to be his spokesperson if he said something like the above.

As Jake mentioned this guy needs to be talked to, now.

The only spokesperson to the press or any kind of personal or social media should be, a very impressive leader in this situation, John Wildack!

Glad to see Jim is going to coach tomorrow.

Last edited:
I wonder if the statement the AD made and his framing of his statement was made with some knowledge that family members of the deceased might not be aligned on the decision for Jim to coach the game.

So I feel bad for the Jimenez family but my god media why are you interviewing someone who in the heat of the moment is mourning and doesn’t care about anything but what is gone.
Even if JB didn’t coach the game is happening what the heck.
Stupid media vultures for asking this kid.
I kinda go the other way. I say it every time I watch the news (and long before this tragedy happened). Why do people who are in a horrible situation and vulnerable state subject themselves to being interviewed? I just don't get it.

I’m just sick of hearing from him.

Why is he always front and center in every story now?

It's an interesting situation. We need the big money donors but sometimes there is definitely some baggage that goes along with them - probably more often than not. Personally, I'd probably prefer if he wasn't so open about his private conversations with JB over the past couple days.

On Facebook, Weitsman has pics of the #87 jersey that I guess he made for Gronk to wear tomorrow.

C796A41D-E50B-4417-9CD6-12E50CE61FBF.jpeg

Call me crazy, but I have no problem with the wealthy donor serving as JB’s unofficial spokesman. Sure he went to jail, but since then, he worked hard and made a huge fortune in an industry that has a absolutely no connection to organized crime or any kind of shadiness. Of course, that industry is...

*checks notes*

...scrap metal disposal?

Here's our boy...Ben - maybe all in Syracuse and surroundings know who he is - I didn't- interesting!

Title: Owner of Upstate Shredding-Ben Weitsman.
Born in: Owego.
Lives in: Vestal.
Family: Married to Kim, 32. Adam and Kim Weitsman have one daughter, Clover, 4.
Education: Weitsman graduated from Owego Free Academy in 1986. He attended Long Island University from 1986 to 1989 but did not get a degree.

Professional background: In August 1996, Weitsman began discussions about establishing a new business called Upstate Shredding. Six months later, Upstate Shredding opened on a 17-acre site in the Tioga Industrial Park in Owego. Before getting into the scrap business — a transition Weitsman said he never expected to make — he was the director of an art gallery in SoHo, a neighborhood in Lower Manhattan. Afterward, Weitsman owned his own small art gallery.

The past 15 years of Upstate Shredding-Ben Weitsman owner Adam Weitsman's life are fit for the pages of a book. Weitsman is a convicted felon who served almost a year in prison for check-kiting. He built a $30 million mansion on Skaneateles Lake, which is near a 115-year-old restaurant he is renovating. Meanwhile, Weitsman's company now has 18 locations, about 500 employees and is closing in on $1 billion a year in sales.

Does a lot of charity donating to offset his past.

Needs a translator - PR guy. He certainly can afford one. How he got involved with Jim and the basketball team is apparently another story.

Last edited:
Here's our boy...Ben

Title: Owner of Upstate Shredding-Ben Weitsman.
Born in: Owego.
Lives in: Vestal.
Family: Married to Kim, 32. Adam and Kim Weitsman have one daughter, Clover, 4.
Education: Weitsman graduated from Owego Free Academy in 1986. He attended Long Island University from 1986 to 1989 but did not get a degree.

Professional background: In August 1996, Weitsman began discussions about establishing a new business called Upstate Shredding. Six months later, Upstate Shredding opened on a 17-acre site in the Tioga Industrial Park in Owego. Before getting into the scrap business — a transition Weitsman said he never expected to make — he was the director of an art gallery in SoHo, a neighborhood in Lower Manhattan. Afterward, Weitsman owned his own small art gallery.

The past 15 years of Upstate Shredding-Ben Weitsman owner Adam Weitsman's life are fit for the pages of a book. Weitsman is a convicted felon who served almost a year in prison for check-kiting. He built a $30 million mansion on Skaneateles Lake, which is near a 115-year-old restaurant he is renovating. Meanwhile, Weitsman's company now has 18 locations, about 500 employees and is closing in on $1 billion a year in sales.

Does a lot of charity donating to offset his past.

Needs a translator - PR guy. He certainly can afford one. How he got involved with Jim and the basketball team is apparently another story.
I drive past his house a few times a year heading to the in laws camp, crazy big. And that's saying something for most of those houses out there.

I used to date a girl who lived in tve house he took down.

I didn't want to say it, but I'll echo the comments others have made re. Weitsman. I find him publicly commenting on this stuff to be weird - let the professionals, like Wildhack, do their jobs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom