Boeheim's Army 2017 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army 2017

Leaving TRob off is rough. I know he could really use the money. But if they are serious about winning, they need someone younger. He wasn't a huge asset last year.
He could have been the 10th man.
It's disappointing they left T-Rob off. We will all
Support the Army but this is suppose about Syracuse alums playing together.
T-Rob wasn't why they lost last year it was guard play.

DaShonte Riley...really?
Over Terrence Roberts is what bothers me.
Roberts might not have lived up to his potential but he was here 4 years and the Army dumped him.
Glad Pearl Jr. picked him up but whoever the GM is shame on them for dumping T-Rob for Dash Riley.

Yeah Riley is a head scratcher. Barely an Orangemen and sort of another useless big guy who moved in molasses.

Over Terrence Roberts is what bothers me.
Roberts might not have lived up to his potential but he was here 4 years and the Army dumped him.
Glad Pearl Jr. picked him up but whoever the GM is shame on them for dumping T-Rob for Dash Riley.
I don't know which is the better player at this point, but I don't have a problem with Riley being on the team. It's not like he ditched SU. Wasn't he pretty much told to transfer?

Yeah Riley is a head scratcher. Barely an Orangemen and sort of another useless big guy who moved in molasses.
He's been playing in the D-League, while he hasn't been dominating by any stretch of the definition, the NBDL is very good competition. At worst he can step on the court for 5-10 minutes and grab some rebounds and block shots with his 7'4 wingspan. Hopefully this allows CJ/Donte and Donte/Rick to play the 3/4

He's been playing in the D-League, while he hasn't been dominating by any stretch of the definition, the NBDL is very good competition. At worst he can step on the court for 5-10 minutes and grab some rebounds and block shots with his 7'4 wingspan. Hopefully this allows CJ/Donte and Donte/Rick to play the 3/4

I guess. He's not doing much in the D-League with the 3pts/3rbs/2blks per game. Probably only a matter of time until he is outta there. I was never really impressed with how he moved or defended. Just a bizarre choice obviously for a myriad of reasons.

Last edited:
I guess. He's not doing much in the D-League with the 3pts/3rbs/2blks per game. Probably only a matter of time until he is outta there. I was never really impressed with how he moved or defended. Just a bizarre choice obviously for many reasons.
One of the greatest Orangeman ever. I think a lot of people are biased against him because of the nickname of his first name.

One of the greatest Orangeman ever. I think a lot of people are biased against him because of the nickname of his first name.

Why should anybody be biased? He is so far down the trough of past Orangemen. He barely registers with me beyond a guy with a pulse who happens to be a 7-footer.

So, preemptively the lineup is probably something like:

PG: Scoop
SG: Devendorf
SF: Fair
PF: Greene
C: Jackson
6: Triche
7: Southerland
8: Riley

That looks solid to me. If we do add a 9th player someone who can go between the 3 and the 4 is probably best. Kris Joseph would be absolutely ideal IMO. Demetris Nichols would also be ideal. Alternatively, if you wanted more size, you could bring in a Darryl Watkins or an Arinze Onuaku. I think we're probably good at guard, so those would be the places of focus IMO

This lineup does not look good defensively.
Scoop and Devo aren't going to lock people down.
This team needs athleticism in the backcourt.
You think they are playing man?

You think they are playing man?
You can't zone semi-pro players and expect to win.

In college where the skill level isn't the same it is smart strategy. If a pro team made the zone their primary defense they would get killed.

Zone in pro ball in today's 3 point game would get torched.

If Boeheim's Army plays primary zone it won't have a long stay. They may play it spurts but as they have the last 2 years man to man will be their primary defense.

Triche should start over Scoop. Better defensively and rebounding, plus he's been playing at a high level in Europe recently. Onuaku would be perfect for this tournament. The courts are small, and he's a man amongst boys. He would score at will in the low post.

A post player like AO is extremely valuable at every level. I agree he would almost be automatic in this tourney.

You can't zone semi-pro players and expect to win.

In college where the skill level isn't the same it is smart strategy. If a pro team made the zone their primary defense they would get killed.

Zone in pro ball in today's 3 point game would get torched.

If Boeheim's Army plays primary zone it won't have a long stay. They may play it spurts but as they have the last 2 years man to man will be their primary defense.

I'm pretty sure they played zone last year and would switch to man at times as warranted.

Boeheims%20Army.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom