Boeheim's Army (TBT) 2018 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army (TBT) 2018

They probably didn't want Roberts again. Same for Donte Greene this year.

Dog eat dog world. Unlike a college basketball team with 13 scholarships, realistically having 8 guys is probably better. 9-10 max. Roberts didn't fit. Greene was a ballhog. Cooney was possibly (speculation) told he wouldn't play much, too. It's a business.

Dog eat dog world. Unlike a college basketball team with 13 scholarships, realistically having 8 guys is probably better. 9-10 max. Roberts didn't fit. Greene was a ballhog. Cooney was possibly (speculation) told he wouldn't play much, too. It's a business.

Mookie Watkins has to be a better option than Dash Riley though...

Mookie Watkins has to be a better option than Dash Riley though...

Riley is 6 years younger... never know how players evolve. On the surface I agree... but Riley will likely be the backup to Hakim at the 5.

Based on Riley's play last year, it should be the other way around.

I'm not nearly as into this as others, but I thought I remembered Riley playing better than expected last year.

Wonder if devo wouldve had any shot to pan out in the pro’s

Wonder if devo wouldve had any shot to pan out in the pro’s

He went undrafted, and lasted about a week in the D-League before he was cut. Spent most of career bouncing around New Zealand and Europe.

He went undrafted, and lasted about a week in the D-League before he was cut. Spent most of career bouncing around New Zealand and Europe.
I wonder if that may’ve been caused by some instability in the personal life. Who knows. He just seems so instinctual and naturally talented. Just dont see many guys like him in college anymore. Maybe it just didnt translate

Fran Fraschilla (who commenting for TBT last season) said multiple times if Devo wanted to leave Cuse to go to Europe for a few seasons he definitely could. I think he's content and happy being the family man in Syracuse now and doesn't want to leave them.

I wonder if that may’ve been caused by some instability in the personal life. Who knows. He just seems so instinctual and naturally talented. Just dont see many guys like him in college anymore. Maybe it just didnt translate

I don't think his knee was fully healed at that point. He might be better right now than when he was playing professionally (he's around the team every day of course.)

He'd have been a great 2nd unit player and if the 2008 injury doesn't derail his career probably hangs around NBA rosters for a decade. Don't remember anyone as good at finishing at the rim with both hands and never missing layups.

2008 was shaping up to be a great team before he got hurt. He was the best player and Harris along with freshmen Greene and Flynn were perfect as sort of 1a guys (none were good enough to carry the team though.) Arinze had developed and was very good. Scoop, Onganaet, Rick was a solid bench. Going from a 8 man rotation to 7 man rotation was a backbreaker. Shame.

The clock is a variable that adds another dimension late in the game. I would rather see them do something like shortening the shot clock in the final two minutes, allowing a certain number of score and retain possession options each game to be used maybe say 5 per team or even setting up a scenario where fouling can result in a team playing down a man for 30 seconds etc. Just some thoughts but an overall game clock is a key variable le. I mean heck even shorten the NBA game to 4 ten minute quarters and 60 games...

Going to be interesting seeing how this pans out. Would be extremely frustrating to be up ten with four minutes remaining, only to lose because of the new rule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom