Boeheim's Army / TBT 2021 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army / TBT 2021

I have convinced myself that there is no basketball player in the world better equipped to go to another level during Elam time.

At the risk of making jokes I have a feeling he’s massively overweight.

Whoever it is I hope they are in basketball shape. I think some of our problems have stemmed from the fact that our bigs aren't in shape. Also have not been a fan of Blackwell's rotations, but that is a different thread.

If I had tons of money I would pay the former Orange players six figures each to play for Boeheim's Army each

if I had tons of $$$ I would put me on the team. In fact, I’m making a direct public appeal to Weitsman: put me on the team. I’m an alumnus, I have lots of free time on my hands, and it would create a lot of buzz for Boeheim’s Army.

Now, I know what you are thinking: “this is the stupidest thing I’ve ever read on this board. “ My response is “what are you, a newbie?” This doesn’t even rate in the top 100 stupidest ideas ever on this board. I guarantee that there will be stupider posts by dinner time today. Many of them by me.

Anyway, I would just set up shop outside the arc and no self-respecting defender would degrade himself by guarding me. I could probably make 2-3 unguarded 3 pointers per game. That is 6 to 9 points right there.

Now for my big selling point: I’ll be magnanimous and not take any of the prize money. That’s right! Not a dime for me, which means more for the other players.

Not to say that there won’t be a few expenses involved. I’d need an ambulance and cardiologist on the sideline. Probably an orthopedic surgeon too. And maybe one of those mobile hospital things so you might as well throw in an anesthesiologist and a few nurses.

But not a cent goes directly to me. Adam, if you are reading this, I’m sure you realize the PR windfall that BA would have by having me on the team. Thousands of fans yelling “we want the old guy! We want the old guy!” People would be tuning in just to see me make a 3. Or collapse. One of those things, but either way more eyeballs equals more money for the tournament.

You can call me directly. I’m lacing up my sneaker even as I type this.

austin-powers-dr-evil.gif

Weitsman to Quade Green and Wayne Seldon after seeing Swider and Torrence right their wrongs

if I had tons of $$$ I would put me on the team. In fact, I’m making a direct public appeal to Weitsman: put me on the team. I’m an alumnus, I have lots of free time on my hands, and it would create a lot of buzz for Boeheim’s Army.

Now, I know what you are thinking: “this is the stupidest thing I’ve ever read on this board. “ My response is “what are you, a newbie?” This doesn’t even rate in the top 100 stupidest ideas ever on this board. I guarantee that there will be stupider posts by dinner time today. Many of them by me.

Anyway, I would just set up shop outside the arc and no self-respecting defender would degrade himself by guarding me. I could probably make 2-3 unguarded 3 pointers per game. That is 6 to 9 points right there.

Now for my big selling point: I’ll be magnanimous and not take any of the prize money. That’s right! Not a dime for me, which means more for the other players.

Not to say that there won’t be a few expenses involved. I’d need an ambulance and cardiologist on the sideline. Probably an orthopedic surgeon too. And maybe one of those mobile hospital things so you might as well throw in an anesthesiologist and a few nurses.

But not a cent goes directly to me. Adam, if you are reading this, I’m sure you realize the PR windfall that BA would have by having me on the team. Thousands of fans yelling “we want the old guy! We want the old guy!” People would be tuning in just to see me make a 3. Or collapse. One of those things, but either way more eyeballs equals more money for the tournament.

This is a good post.

I'm behind you, Dick!

Actually there was a team that played at OCC in 2019 that had a more mature team manager-type who they put on the orster. They were blowing someone out and put him in the game and he immediately drained a 3 from up top at the final buzzer. Just like Pearl, ran right off the court and out of the arena. Unlike Pearl he ran to the parking lot, popped his trunk and opened a cold one to celebrate!

I'm behind you, Dick!

Actually there was a team that played at OCC in 2019 that had a more mature team manager-type who they put on the orster. They were blowing someone out and put him in the game and he immediately drained a 3 from up top at the final buzzer. Just like Pearl, ran right off the court and out of the arena. Unlike Pearl he ran to the parking lot, popped his trunk and opened a cold one to celebrate!

I like the cut of that team manager’s jib!

They said “massive” and I think Dion would apply to that term. Rak would be great. Not “massive” in many regards but we need a quality big man.

Andy???? Not “massive”. I love seeing DNic, Southerland, and the other guys but we need an infusion of younger players. Andy is in his mid30’s if I’m not mistaken, and has seemingly never had any interest in BA.

Lydon would be a good pick if we could get him. Ruling out any current guys in the NBA, maybe a Tyus Battle or a Michael Gbinije.
If the idea is to score points, Andy is “massiver” than almost everyone else mentioned

If the idea is to score points, Andy is “massiver” than almost everyone else mentioned

Maybe, but Andy is 34 now. When is the last time any of us actually saw him play?

I'm behind you, Dick!

how do you know Pearl didn’t do the same?

Maybe, but Andy is 34 now. When is the last time any of us actually saw him play?
Haha. 13 years ago. But let me have my Rautins memories Dick!!

LOL. Hey, I hear you! For years I was hoping that we could get Andy for Boeheim’s Army. For all I know, he has still got it but it seems like there have been a number of former stars who have come back to BA when they were older and...well, time had marched on.

LOL. Hey, I hear you! For years I was hoping that we could get Andy for Boeheim’s Army. For all I know, he has still got it but it seems like there have been a number of former stars who have come back to BA when they were older and...well, time had marched on.
Hakim Warrick would like to have a word...

As I read this I am picturing you looking like Red Klotz from the Washington Generals. No idea why except I guess he is the oldest dude I ever seen lace em up.

Andy played in Greece last summer on the same team as Wes Johnson. Andy is now an asst GM for a Canadian team. Not sure what Wes is doing.

Andy played in Greece last summer on the same team as Wes Johnson. Andy is now an asst GM for a Canadian team. Not sure what Wes is doing.
Wes is actually retired which I believe he announced on Devo’s podcast

Wes is actually retired which I believe he announced on Devo’s podcast

same as Andy then. So it’ll have been a year for both which really isn’t too bad.

I think Tyus Battle is an obvious one. I know he's already back in the US working out. Would love to have:

Gillon, Triche, Battle, Andrew White, Gbinije, Christmas, BJ Johnson, whoever else.

The Elam ending.

Attachments

• F7723D03-C9F9-45C5-AF25-C81800FE9051.jpeg
    F7723D03-C9F9-45C5-AF25-C81800FE9051.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 81

Kenny Rogers once faked out Michael Jordan and hit a shot (not a jumper ) in a celebrity game so why the hell not!

I'm behind you, Dick!

This post and the original from Dick in Michigan, are the content I'm here for. Two board OG's on a good run. Adam W, you gotta bring 'em both in. Consigliere even has a Southern Tier connection, my dude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom