Boeheim's Army / TBT 2021 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army / TBT 2021

Kevin Belbey recently changed jobs. I wonder whether he can devote as much time to it. In his previous job, he seemed to have a lot of time for Boeheim's Army
I wonder the same thing since Belbey is now working for CAA (that is big time in the agent world). I'm sure he will make time as he bleeds orange and loves BA. Adding Weitsman will help with player expenses and possible salaries.

The team needed to post a roster of seven players by noon today to be considered for the $1 million winner-take-all tournament. It can still add players going forward.

Eric Devendorf, the longest tenured player on the team and one of TBT’s perennial prime performers, is back. The rest of the Syracuse-influenced roster includes Chris McCullough, Malachi Richardson, Tyler Lydon, C.J. Fair, Andrew White and Paschal Chukwu. Tyrese Rice, the former Boston College guard, will play for Boeheim’s Army. Rice, 34, has had a lengthy professional career abroad.

Boeheim’s Army, too, has a new head coach. Jeremy Pope, the University of Portland assistant coach, worked as a graduate manager for Mike Hopkins at the University of Washington and is a former coach at Orangeville Prep in Canada, where he worked for former SU point guard Tyler Ennis’ dad, Tony McIntyre.

Ryan Blackwell, the previous Boeheim’s Army head coach, will be the team’s associate head coach this summer. Shaun Belbey, the former Syracuse guard and the brother of Boeheim’s Army general manager Kevin Belbey, will be an assistant coach with the team. Boeheim’s Army had already announced Adam Weitsman’s role as chairman of business operations.

Boeheim’s Army will play in the Peoria, Illinois region, meaning its first game will be played on the weekend of July 24.

Blackwell must need the money - taking a demotion.

I like the roster better than previous years though we could use a PG.

Blackwell must need the money - taking a demotion.

I like the roster better than previous years though we could use a PG.
Lineup is pretty solid, although as you said, another PG is definitely a need

Which 3 do we want? In a perfect world maybe Dion, Battle and Cavanaugh (not SU but a Syracuse kid who seems like the type we need).

I wonder if we will be playing zone with the new coach? My guess is no.

Which 3 do we want? In a perfect world maybe Dion, Battle and Cavanaugh (not SU but a Syracuse kid who seems like the type we need).

I wonder if we will be playing zone with the new coach? My guess is no.

Ennis depending on his commitment to his Turkish team. Triche if he can work it into his schedule with UAE. Rak if he can fit it in with his Taiwan commitment.

Seems weird not seeing Gillon’s name on the list. I see a slow, not very athletic team right now. Nice size. Should shut down the inside game well.

Hope this gets addressed with additional players.

Let's speculate on the other three...

John Gillon - Has played before, would provide another PG
Mike Gbinije - See above.
B.J. Johnson - Has played before, but looks like we have a lot of wings already.
Rakeem Christmas - Hasn't played before, but would provide another option at F/C
Tyus Battle - Hasn't played before, but would be a great addition no matter what positions we need.
Frank Howard - Not unless you want to give me a headache.
Brandon Triche - Can he play? I thought he was hurt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom