Boomer & Carton | Syracusefan.com

Boomer & Carton

suinaustin

Walk On
Azzhats were just ripping on JB. Carton quote" JB is to Syracuse what Paterno is to PS." They gave props to the team as a whole but really gave to JB. When are these guys going to give it a rest?

I flipped to some random XM sports channel this morning driving in to work: I see "Syracuse basketball" show up on the screen. I'm thinking "yess!" Then the audio picksup and whoever it was in mid rant about how Syracuse shouldn't be in the tournament and that them being in the final four is everything that is wrong with the tournament. Then they moved on to UNC and lamented how the poor players there may have their run unfairly diminished by the scandal at UNC and that UNC shouldn't be banned. It is comical at this point.

To put it in perspective as to how little the guy knows about sports in general, but specifically college sports. When Derek Fisher was fired a month or so ago, Carton(being totally serious) thought that Josh Pastner would be a great replacement for the Knicks. How someone gives this guy a microphone to speak into everyday is beyond words.

Anyone who even remotely compares child rape to players smoking weed and one player who had a paper fixed for him is not fit to be a member of the human race.

I imagine he is referring to the fine fiasco. Because that is the same as paterno and penn state :rolleyes:

He claims to be "on the board of the Newhouse school".
I just saw it on CBS Sports' website.

I imagine he is referring to the fine fiasco. Because that is the same as paterno and penn state :rolleyes:

Carton is a hack . Somehow he convinced WFAN execs that he is funny and they push him down people's throats. I'm not sure how Boomer can deal with playing second fiddle to him. I respect that he knows some old school hip hop -- but it stops there. For those in the tri-state, in '12 he promised to QUIT if the Giants won the SB. They won, and Carl Banks called him out to quit. Of course he didn't. But yes, he is all about the Fine situation like he knows something people don't. It always sounded to me like JB pissed him off at some point and he just takes this angle against him now.

carton plays the righteous and pious, yet conniving and arrogant Syracuse hoop fan on the radio.

he condemns what has happened up there as if it should be below the great school that is Syracuse, thus pissing off all the people who think...no, they are a bunch of corrupt cheaters up there, this the 2nd time its happened...it is who Syracuse is.

all the while pissing off all the Syracuse supporters, who lose their shlit the second any perceived slight is brought up...like you find on here.

its a win-win for him.

but this is also why they took all the wins from JB. it gives folks the opportunity to take shots at JB. if all we got was a fine, a couple of schollies reduced and last years sit out...then we could be looked at as winners in all this. with the wins gone, it keeps the public shaming of JB alive...which is all they want. hell, if the outcry is loud enough, after JB retires they may give him back the wins some july just knowing that the public 'ruined' his 2016 F4 run.

But yes, he is all about the Fine situation like he knows something people don't.

docsu is 1oo% right on carton about this.

Okay, here's how it works: talking heads get paid to talk, and ultimately it almost doesn't matter what they say as long as it generates hits, clicks, ratings, or anything else that translates to advertising revenue. And everyone holding hands and singing "Kum-bay-uh" doesn't do it. So, they talk crap with no compunction, as long as they're making money at it. 'Murrica! :)

I flipped to some random XM sports channel this morning driving in to work: I see "Syracuse basketball" show up on the screen. I'm thinking "yess!" Then the audio picksup and whoever it was in mid rant about how Syracuse shouldn't be in the tournament and that them being in the final four is everything that is wrong with the tournament. Then they moved on to UNC and lamented how the poor players there may have their run unfairly diminished by the scandal at UNC and that UNC shouldn't be banned. It is comical at this point.

At this point...embrace the hate!

1KDQGar.gif

H/t: czar

Pre Fine thing...JB was on their show. And Carlton mentioned that while he was at SU Boeheim came to his fraternity house (was DU I believe up on Comstock) and actually spoke to their house.

Every single talking head bozo that references the "Syracuse shouldn't have even been in the Tourney" stops there. They add absolutely no reason or backing to that statement. Instead, they just reiterate the same comment over and over and over and that becomes their reason. It's mind numbing and it just makes these people look like bigger idiots. Seriously, have some backbone, have some original thoughts, have some actual data to support your idiotic opinion.

I'm so glad this team has proven every single hater (and even us fans) wrong. Instead of saying they were wrong, the media losers continue to spout the same refrain over and over and really can't wait to say "see, I told you so" if we do end up losing at some point.

he is the worst. How he has a job I have no idea
I can"t watch those 2 because they make my blood boil when they speak of Boeheim. Gottlieb gets a lot of flack from Syracuse fans but to me Carton is 100 times worse. He is Alumni for gods sake. Watch the way he talks to people who call in to that show and then tell me that Boeheim is the arrogant one. I can"t stand him!

Anyone who even remotely compares child rape to players smoking weed and one player who had a paper fixed for him is not fit to be a member of the human race.
Seriously.. I still can't believe SU is compared to the UNC scandal when it's not even close to being on the same level. Sometimes I wish the media would stop expressing their own opinions especially when those opinions hold no form or substance that can even relate to truth. Some media act like Boeheim is the next Hitler or something.

Hell, I saw someone on here posted a link to the Kentucky rivals forums about a post, and one of the first things I saw was Kentucky fans saying they can't believe such cheats like SU and UNC are allowed to play. I almost dropped my laptop from pure laughter!!! How can someone with Calipari as a head coach even THINK to speak with such hypocrisy. I mean damn, I don't have a problem with Kentucky, as I am a huge basketball fan. And Kentucky clearly plays some good ball, but how can you blatantly ignore the fact that your Coach is one of the slimiest head coaches of all time and discredit Boeheim? That's pathetic.

At least some of them gave Cuse props for their comeback wins this week. Some Kentucky fans are more tolerable than the CBS crew.

that show is based in Charlotte. Complete clown show.

like Jason LaCantora. Self-hatred sometimes can't be helped. Proves they are "objective".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom