Bottom Line Tonight... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bottom Line Tonight...

I said in a couple threads after NYC that we played like a team that didn't believe in itself, a team with no self confidence.

Frank=Belief & Self-Confidence

We are back. We are for real. Season has just begun. (After win at Ohio State where we played five versus eight because of those refs... and we won going away after three key players fouled out).

Definitely a monster win. Really happy to see it. Team still has a ton of potential in the tank and it is surprising that we’ve had such struggles with a veteran team. But the needle is pointing up after tonight.
Yes, the depth just gives them more cushion and makes them a better offense. Hughes makes a world of difference out there and so does having another capable PG to spell Frank. There weren't nearly as many What shots last night as there was last season, but still the offense ... yeesh.

The offense is much better with Marek in at C, but I don't know how sustainable that is on D and whether he gives all or some of that advantage back. Bourama just looks lost at times and Chukwu is who he is - a decent athlete and tall, but his basketball spidey sense just isn't the greatest. There was one play last night where he caught the ball down in the post with an advantage on his man. All he had to do was drop step, turn, and lay it in, but he didn't even look that way and just passed it back out.

Anyone else notice in the first half after our offense was looking terrible for a while. After a commercial/time out I remember watching our offense come out at least for few minutes our ball movement actually looked good. Not sure if JB got on the guys or what. Not like that lasted all game, our guys made some tough shots for sure. But nice to see for me.

We are back. We are for real. Season has just begun. (After win at Ohio State where we played five versus eight because of those refs... and we won going away after three key players fouled out).

Marek’s 8 points in the first half were key in keeping us close too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom