Bourama Sidibe Updates | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe Updates

He says the weirdest things.

"Here's the thing with Bourama that people aren't listening to me," Boeheim said. "He had an infection. He did not have any damage to his knee. None. He had an infection that was cleaned up. He's working out, he's lifting, doing all that. We're easing him back in because he was out from the knee surgery. The second thing, the reason he was out for the rest of the year, was the infection. He's fine. Anybody can get hurt, but right now he's perfectly healthy."

So, he did have damage, the original meniscus tear. Which was operated on, and then got infected.
"He did not have any damage to his knee." "We're easing him back in because he was out from the knee surgery."

Huh?

"He did not have any damage to his knee." "We're easing him back in because he was out from the knee surgery."

Huh?

I think he meant "additional damage" to the knee.

A meniscus repair is usually a pretty straight forward procedure, unless it's really bad.

So, I'm assuming that he meant it wasn't a case of there being any other/additional damage, and it was the post-surgery infection that shut him down.

Which is really horrible luck.

Something to keep in mind is that while all things said, JB speak included- his history speaks to a high risk of reinjury. So it's good news but doesn't immediately change the likelihood he can avoid re injury and thus stay healthy.

Which is exactly why I really hope Frank hangs tight.

Jim said yesterday that an infection was the delay from his recovery from his surgery. Was this ever informed news at any point to anyone?

15 post fouls, use them.
Why do we want this? Are we hoping the other team is in the double bonus at the halfway point of both halves? I'll never understand why some guys call for our centers to just be foul machines. Considering JB expects them to contest counter threes (still foolish every time I type that) its actually worse. You want 3 foul shots, or 4 point plays.

Why do we want this? Are we hoping the other team is in the double bonus at the halfway point of both halves? I'll never understand why some guys call for our centers to just be foul machines. Considering JB expects them to contest counter threes (still foolish every time I type that) its actually worse. You want 3 foul shots, or 4 point plays.
I think he’s just saying to play all three guys.

you know what I meant,

no need to back off and be passive to keep guys in the game, I didn’t say go out and foul just to foul

Alright, so here's why I'm not convinced Sidibe is the starting center next season:

Doubts about Sidibe's health - the dude has had issues 3 out of 4 seasons. History isn't on his side. The question of his health looms over everything, and it's answered game by game as he remains healthy.

Lack of certainty about what Sidibe projects to be as a player - that 5 (or 6 depending on when you want to start it) game streak is really tantalizing, and I think sutomcat hit on something earlier that yeah, he was a little more involved in the offense, but for the most part his statistical improvement on that end came from his improved rebounding on the offensive end, where he made a huge jump. That likely was a huge factor in the increase he had in fgas and ftas. It's awesome knowing he can hit that level, but is that a high level mark, or his new normal? We're talking about a dominant rebounder, and we haven't had many of those. Is that really what he is?

Confidence in Jesse's upside - Jesse hasn't had the kind of stat stuffing impact we saw from Sidibe, but I think we've seen flashes of higher level skills. On offense, Edwards has some moves and fluidity (and lack of panic) that we haven't ever seen from Sidibe, who is mostly a garbage points guy (side note - Girard and Sidibe had really good chemistry running the floor together, I hope we see that come back). Can you envision something good happening with Jesse posting up? I can. Can you imagine something good happening with Sidibe posting up? I just don't see it. On the defensive end, we've seen Jesse completely shut down the paint in a way that we've never seen from Sidibe. That's not to say Sidibe's bad defensively, just that Edwards figured out how to use his size and length to impact that end of the floor in a bigger way.

So what this comes down to for me, is that Sidibe gives you a sure floor, but Jesse gives you a much higher ceiling potentially, and on both ends of the court. Now, I'm making this assessment with very limited info - people have said pre-season that Sidibe was playing really well so it's possible his game made a leap that we just never got to see because of injury. But unfortunately that casts a little more doubt on things too, because injuries have been an issue consistently.

Best case scenario, we can enjoy a full season of productive center minutes, 40 minutes a game, every game.

They already recruited one [Symir Torrence].
is he a PG? id dont really know anything about his game...

regardless of whatever he can do...3 gaurds seems so risky...

if not another PG then at least another SG...I mean, what if there is an injury to any of the 3 in the rotation? 40 m for both of the other 2?

4 gaurds seems the absolute minimum for a season...what am I missing?

is he a PG? id dont really know anything about his game...

regardless of whatever he can do...3 gaurds seems so risky...

if not another PG then at least another SG...I mean, what if there is an injury to any of the 3 in the rotation? 40 m for both of the other 2?

4 gaurds seems the absolute minimum for a season...what am I missing?

You're not missing anything -- four guys would be the ideal number. And it would enable you to preserve a three-guard rotation of viable players if one of them gets injured. If one of them gets injured now, we're down to two [and maybe a semi-PWO like Chaz].

Having four scholarship guards is also important for practices, so you can run two squads comprised of reasonably comparable talent.

I was responding to a post suggesting that we needed to go out and get a PG. We already did -- Symir -- so we now have two guys who can play that position in him and Joe. I agree that a 2 or a combo would be a great add to round out the rotation.

You're not missing anything -- four guys would be the ideal number. And it would enable you to preserve a three-guard rotation of viable players if one of them gets injured. If one of them gets injured now, we're down to two [and maybe a semi-PWO like Chaz].

Having four scholarship guards is also important for practices, so you can run two squads comprised of reasonably comparable talent.

I was responding to a post suggesting that we needed to go out and get a PG. We already did -- Symir -- so we now have two guys who can play that position in him and Joe. I agree that a 2 or a combo would be a great add to round out the rotation.
yeah maybe they have chaz penciled in as the 4th...maybe they think he's ready...having someone already on the roster that they think is capable would be the only explanation for not going after another.

I'm still in favor of another pg as the 4th guard because we're still lacking in playmaking.

I'm still in favor of another pg as the 4th guard because we're still lacking in playmaking.

That fine.

How do you sell that to said 4th guard?

"Come to Syracuse, so maybe you can play in blowouts, or hope a guy in front of you gets injured!"

How solid is Benny's handle? I've seen highlights and some drives but is he a kid who can play on the ball a lot and get his own shot without a pass? To me this is key given how we are built right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom