Bourama Sidibe Updates | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe Updates

frank is a FR.. He could also RS and still have 4 more yrs if he wanted too.

Nothing against Bourama because it’s been completely out of his control but this shouldn’t scare Frank away.
makes him the 3rd center. And likely what he needs to say goodbye

He might not want to go 2 years without playing ... or maybe he’s ok with it, who knows

yup.. maybe they are good friends now.. 3 centers on any team would be a good thing.. remember he was the first center in back when the season started..

We *have* to stop looking at guys potential time here like this. I get it, I really do, but Frank re-classified to be here, if memory serves.

These kids are not going to wait around until year 3. Especially ones that re-classified.

Jesse needs to be the starting center next year and I can’t stress that enough.
Agreed. He needs to play 25+ mpg too.

Can't rely on Sid to give us anything, especially if he's more stationary than he was previously. It's not like we're getting a stud shotblocker or offensive talent here. Sid can play some minutes, if healthy, and help with depth, but I really hope it's not much more than that.

If Frank leaves then maybe that helps recruiting with 2022 centers. I really hope Frank stays but can't blame if he does.

I wish the kid the best just not glad to have him back. Im not a big fan of his as a basketball player. I may be one of the few people that has never been impressed with his play. All I heard this past season is how much this team needs/misses him. He has never been a big factor in the games that they have won or lost like Ive seen Jesse do. I dont think this year would have been much different with him.

Maybe. Or he sees a dude who will be a year removed from playing consistent basketball (assuming he’ll spend more of the summer rehabbing) and can’t stay healthy.

He very well may leave but I find it hard to believe that this would be a large factor in the decision. And I doubt it’s been a secret among the team.

Uh, he was the FOURTH center when he committed here.

Amazingly, that didn't scare him away. :rolleyes:

JBA is gone, and Boo lasted exactly 4 minutes (which makes him Rick Pitino's idol :p ), so why would Frank think he can't still get minutes?

Frank could - in theory - beat out BOTH of them for the start and majority of minutes.

And, unlike both of them, he's got the mobility to possibly play PF for us.
see: RickJack, Rak.

So what we have right now coming back officially and not quite “officially” but expected is:

Girard
Buddy
Symir
Benny
Cole Swider
Edwards
Sidibe

Not officially but I have a feeling they will be here next year:

Boeheim jr
Quincy (I think he comes back)

Possible to be back:
Frank
Woody
Griffin

We’ll still need a transfer or 2. Really hope we bring in some athleticism and a scorer still. Will feel a lot better. Also will feel a lot better if Quincy definitely returns. I’ll feel a lot better with a lineup of

Girard
Buddy
Benny
Quincy
Sidibe (Edwards could start instead)

Bench:
Symir
Cole Swider
Edwards (Sidibe could be the center off the bench)
Boeheim jr

I just can't see JB playing 4 forwards significant minutes

Education is very important to the vast majority of African players...he is smart to come back and work on an advanced degree. IIRC, I think he wants to be a lawyer. He has a bright future regardless if basketball works out.

Frank needs to run to a challenge, not away. I predict he stays.

If Frank leaves then maybe that helps recruiting with 2022 centers. I really hope Frank stays but can't blame if he does.
I can...it is running away from a challenge.
College is for learning and growing...if after two years (1 year counter) he should assess his options. Transfer then...if you think that is your best play.

Uh, he was the FOURTH center when he committed here.

Amazingly, that didn't scare him away. :rolleyes:

JBA is gone, and Boo lasted exactly 4 minutes (which makes him Rick Pitino's idol :p ), so why would Frank think he can't still get minutes?

Frank could - in theory - beat out BOTH of them for the start and majority of minutes.

And, unlike both of them, he's got the mobility to possibly play PF for us.
see: RickJack, Rak.
Well...because even after those things happened...he didn't get minutes...plus Junior is coming in. I don't know that this will happen...just throwing it out. Also I am pretty sure I read an insider point out a bit ago that if we were to bring in a 5 Frank was gonzo...does this qualify as bringing in a 5? I don't know.

I certainly dont want Frank to leave and I have to assume that since it hasnt happened to this point, there is a good chance he is leaning on staying.

Well that likely means good bye Frank.
Exactly what I don't like and frankly that will piss me off ! I mean literally that makes no damn sense. These are the things that blow my mind when it comes the JB!! Why would you let go of a potential star that has 4 years of eligibility for guy that only has one and probably gonna get injured??!! can somebody help me find the logic in that! I Expect no answers on that question because there is none.
If we lose Edwards or Frank that is squarely on coach's shoulders!!!!

Impossible to say at this point if this is good or bad but can certainly be either one. Be excellent if Sidibe stays healthy and we now have AT LEAST 2 solid 5s. Will be awful if Frank now leaves and then Sidibe is hurt all year and we have to figure out how to get by with just Jesse and someone undersized having to fill in minutes again. Probably 50/50 on how it goes but I'll take it as good news because I'll take the guaranteed guy over the chance that Frank may be staying.

JB values experience, right? How many times is it mentioned here.

if you are Frank, seeing what we saw this year, maybe he feels like he will be the 3rd option and won’t get a fair crack.

dont think it’s fair to judge players character based on stuff like that
I don’t think it’s an overall character judgment. Times are changing but willingness to compete and earn time are indicators of future success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom