Bourama Sidibe Updates | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe Updates

What a ridiculous statement, and I can't stress that enough.

It's Sids job to lose. Not only is he a 5th year player who has paid his dues, he is better. Jesse will get plenty of time. And I even hope to see Frank quite a bit.

The idea that you distribute the starting designation or mpg on the basis of whose feelings might get hurt, or who might transfer out, needs to stop.
I'm not sure at all Sidibe is a better center than Edwards right now.

Jesse seems like he brings more on the offensive end. Sidibe rebounds better some, but I'd say Jesse is a much more impactful defensive presence overall.

Plus, you know, health and availability matters too. Sidibe's 1 for 4. Edwards is 2 for 2.

It doesn't "count" against our total cap of 13.
Meaning, he could be the 14th guy on scholarship, and it's disco.

He would absolutely still count as a scholarship player.
It's just that we could now have 14, or even 15 (IF Marek came back), since 'graduating seniors' are granted an optional extra year.
My comment was in regards to how we are even going to get up to those numbers. I'm wondering if we're more likely to roll with 10ish. Could see the athletic department possibly being good with that and not wanting to hand out the extras to walk-ons like they would have pre-plague and pocketing the extra money towards last years shortfall.

Very happy for Bourama. One of the smartest players we have ever had in the program. Hope this enables him to complete a graduate degree. We could use his knowledge and experience even if his knees fail him again and he is unable to play.

Bourama has been here for 4 seasons. He averaged 12.4 mpg as a frosh, 10.1 as a sophomore, 24 as a junior and then played 15 minutes his entire senior season. He has never averaged more than 6.0 ppg (though he did average 7.6 rpg as a junior).

I don't think he is a given to win a starting job or even a lock to play significant minutes.

Glad he is coming back. The competition for playing time should be fun to watch.
This is great news - I love hearing about kids that cherish their scholarship.

The other day I was discussing transfers with my girlfriend (who is a 4th generation Tar heel fan) - I said "you know, some of these kids actually care about the academics". She didn't understand what I was talking about..

Jesse seems like he brings more on the offensive end. Sidibe rebounds better some, but I'd say Jesse is a much more impactful defensive presence overall.

Plus, you know, health and availability matters too. Sidibe's 1 for 4. Edwards is 2 for 2.
Some folks are still hyped up about the 2 weeks he strung together in March 2020 and talked themselves into thinking that's his new baseline. Sure as hell hope it is but wouldn't count on it.

Thats what I see. We all want Sidibe to have the story book senior season but his injuries and availability concerns me. With that said, having him on the roster makes us a better team no matter what role he plays.

Awful news. We now we will lose Frank.
I think this is great news and that we should give a little benefit of doubt to the coaches that they understand things we don’t - namely, one, the chances of sidibe being able to contribute and, two, whether and how this affects Frank’s decision (if at all).
Exactly what I don't like and frankly that will piss me off ! I mean literally that makes no damn sense. These are the things that blow my mind when it comes the JB!! Why would you let go of a potential star that has 4 years of eligibility for guy that only has one and probably gonna get injured??!! can somebody help me find the logic in that! I Expect no answers on that question because there is none.
If we lose Edwards or Frank that is squarely on coach's shoulders!!!!
why in the world do you think you can intelligently opine that this will impact Frank’s decision? What if it’s clear he’s leaving? Or clear he’s staying? What if he has declined to share his plans? Your post assumes he’s on the fence and this is the tipping point. Maybe it is but your post relies on that as fact. Where is the logic in that?

Edwards has the chance to be our best zone anchor since Christmas. He’s bigger, stronger and has better hands and knees than than Sid.
First off, Edwards is not as strong as Sid, not even close. Nor is Edwards the rebounder or scorer as Sid. The Feb/Mar 2020 Sid was a force - an actual center advantage vs other teams. His noteworthy dominance against NC stood out as a reason for optimism coming into the season.

But back to your declaration that JB should automatically start Jesse, why - because of potential? That's the opposite of earning it. The presumptive starter should be the senior, dues paying, better player. There will be plenty of minutes for Jesse, and even hopefully Frank.

IF he is healthy, I don’t know how we wouldn’t want back a kid who started every game last year, led the team in rebounds and blocks, was 2nd in steals and shot 70%. Sid was 7th in blocks, 9th in rebs and even 15th in steals in the ACC. I’ll take it.

First off, Edwards is not as strong as Sid, not even close. Nor is Edwards the rebounder or scorer as Sid. The Feb/Mar 2020 Sid was a force - an actual center advantage vs other teams. His noteworthy dominance against NC stood out as a reason for optimism coming into the season.

But back to your declaration that JB should automatically start Jesse, why - because of potential? That's the opposite of earning it. The presumptive starter should be the senior, dues paying, better player. There will be plenty of minutes for Jesse, and even hopefully Frank.

We disagree, but if we are relying on Sid to be our top center I expect another 19-12 season.

So what we have right now coming back officially and not quite “officially” but expected is:

Girard
Buddy
Symir
Benny
Cole Swider
Edwards
Sidibe

Not officially but I have a feeling they will be here next year:

Boeheim jr
Quincy (I think he comes back)

Possible to be back:
Frank
Woody
Griffin

We’ll still need a transfer or 2. Really hope we bring in some athleticism and a scorer still. Will feel a lot better. Also will feel a lot better if Quincy definitely returns. I’ll feel a lot better with a lineup of

Girard
Buddy
Benny
Quincy
Sidibe (Edwards could start instead)

Bench:
Symir
Cole Swider
Edwards (Sidibe could be the center off the bench)
Boeheim jr
So we've got 7. We're good. :cool:

Does that article say his knee is healthy? Or is this assuming it gets healthy?

Got to tell Frank, BS could go down 4 mins into the first practice and never play again, so you should probably stick around

I love him coming back to be a rotational piece. Healthy or not healthy, he won't be playing "big" minutes regardless, nor should he be. Fouling has always been a big issue for him. You foul people when you are playing better players, have zero clue what you're doing, or when you cannot move well enough. I don't expect the latter to be better than it was prior, given the additional injury set backs.

So with that, here is a list of seasons the last 10 years where a player averaged >/= 4 fouls per game, </= 30 mpg, and played >/= 15 games.

1617650583857.png

Good for him coming back. I will be cheering for him. And I bet he does well post basketball life too (whenever that is).

Not a fan of this at all. The guy is always hurt. I rather see Edwards develop and get more minutes.

Edwards should develop either way.

Best guy plays the most, but there’s room for both to play a lot. I’m excited that we might possibly have an actual decent center on the court for 40 minutes. It’s been years.

So, you're going to start Jesse because you're afraid of Sid getting hurt? Seems like a better strategy would be to wait and see if/when it happens.

Edwards certainly is not better than Sidibe was. And ties go to the senior veteran who has paid his dues.

So, you're going to start Jesse because you're afraid of Sid getting hurt? Seems like a better strategy would be to wait and see if/when it happens.

Edwards certainly is not better than Sidibe was. And ties go to the senior veteran who has paid his dues.

He will be coming back having missed an entire year. To say he automatically gets the starting spot makes no sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom