Brace yourself mods | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Brace yourself mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to enjoy people not even giving a coach a chance to show he's the right hire.

How the hell can anyone say with any authority that this is the wrong man for the job? That any other coach would have been better? We won't know who the right man will be for another couple years. Frost could crash and burn as a head coach. Ash could wind up being great. Or, vice versa. There's simply no way to predict.

I wanted an offensive mind, but come on, people. At least be open to giving the guy a chance to prove he can do the job, since he's who we're getting (probably).

Coyle's work here is done. Off he goes...

if_walking_is_too_hard_just_hang_on-53943.gif

Have to enjoy people not even giving a coach a chance to show he's the right hire.

How the hell can anyone say with any authority that this is the wrong man for the job? That any other coach would have been better? We won't know who the right man will be for another couple years. Frost could crash and burn as a head coach. Ash could wind up being great. Or, vice versa. There's simply no way to predict.

I wanted an offensive mind, but come on, people. At least be open to giving the guy a chance to prove he can do the job, since he's who we're getting (probably).

I have no idea who this guy even is. I'm just joining the freak out train because it's hilarious.

If Frost was 1A, Ash could not be 1B, could he have? They would appear to be polar opposites, which makes you think there was no criteria for the list, just dudes on a list.

Ash doesn't thrill me, but let's not kid ourselves. No one knows if he is a good choice.

That said, I don't get how Frost and Ash are close in your consideration set. Would like this explained to me by someone in the know.

jekelish said:
Have to enjoy people not even giving a coach a chance to show he's the right hire. How the hell can anyone say with any authority that this is the wrong man for the job? That any other coach would have been better? We won't know who the right man will be for another couple years. Frost could crash and burn as a head coach. Ash could wind up being great. Or, vice versa. There's simply no way to predict. I wanted an offensive mind, but come on, people. At least be open to giving the guy a chance to prove he can do the job, since he's who we're getting (probably).

Its just a dud hire.
Buzzkill
No cache
Nothing exciting about it
Snoozer
I already forgot his name

So one of the arguments people on this board make for recruits coming to SU is because it sets you up for life due to Alumni connections, but when someone from Drake does that it is the worst thing in the world...

I wish Coyle had gotten an offensive minded coach but everything I have read and seen says that Ash is a very good defensive coach. I will wait to lose my mind once he chooses an OC and the rest of the staff.

:confused::oops:SUball

2 guys with no experience and yet everyone is all in a guy who might run an offense they like with lesser talent and all out on a guy who might run a defense we like with lesser talent. both with no idea what the plan is on the other side of the ball..

and this on top of most of the SS issues being in game mistakes for 3 years nothing to do with scheme

Where is anyone getting the idea that they hired Ash? Stephen Bailey just tweeted that he is out recruiting:

2 guys with no experience and yet everyone is all in a guy who might run an offense they like with lesser talent and all out on a guy who might run a defense we like with lesser talent. both with no idea what the plan is on the other side of the ball..

and this on top of most of the SS issues being in game mistakes for 3 years nothing to do with scheme
Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors