Bracketology Courtesy of Laxpower | Syracusefan.com

Bracketology Courtesy of Laxpower

wvlax

2nd String
Courtesy of Veteran Laxpower Bracketologist Humb Le

#1 Syracuse v Play-in (MAC AQ v Southern AQ looks likely)
#2 Notre Dame v Play-in (CAA AQ v NEC AQ looks likely)
#3 UNC v Georgetown
#4 Denver v Brown
#5 Duke v Hopkins
#6 Virginia v Yale
#7 Cornell v Colgate
#8 Maryland v Albany

Last two in - Hopkins and Georgetown
First four out - Ohio State, Princeton, Harvard, Marquette

No easy task there - MD or Albany in the quarters (and if it's MD, game would be in Annapolis, presumably).

No easy task there - MD or Albany in the quarters (and if it's MD, game would be in Annapolis, presumably).
Most of the projections I've seen to this point have had SU and UNC playing in Annapolis regardless of their QF opponents. They've been shipping ND off to Denver because they'll have to fly somewhere no matter what. Until they lost on Saturday, UMd seemed slotted for Denver, playing UDenver in the 4 v. 5 game there.

Think the Big Ten and Ivy League teams could move around a bit pending results of this weekend's conference tournament play.

Can't see Maryland all the way down to 8 with losses to only Yale and Hopkins. I think if Maryland loses to Ohio State this could happen, but right now I see it.
1/2 Syracuse/Notre Dame
3. North Carolina
4/5/6 Denver/Duke/Maryland
7. Virginia
8. Cornell or Albany
I think Georgetown/Hopkins go to UVA or UNC
Colgate to Maryland
Cornell-Albany play each other this weekend decides HFA.
One Ivy team goes to Duke and the other goes to Denver.

Maryland isn't dropping to 8, especially if they win the B1G Tourney this weekend.

I like this bracket considering we could dodge Bryant in the first round. I really hope we beat Colgate to preserve the 1 seed.

Agree with Extreme and Alsacs I see no way Maryland drops that far unless they lose to Ohio State and even then 8 is a stretch. Going by that bracket the 2nd round game would be brutal especially if it was Maryland. Maryland vs albany though would be a fascinating game to watch, you couldn't find two more opposite teams even if you tried.

Look, any game is going to be tough, but I'm really not scared of any team other than ND. We've already dispatched several teams in this bracket, and some pretty handedly.

swap Cornell and Maryland for the #7 and #8 and I think that's about right. If MD wins the BiG they could move up #6, with UVA #7 and Cornelll #8.

I could actually see MD at 8 (or perhaps 7). RPI is at 7, SOS is at 14. They only have 1 Top 10 win (UNC). They have only played 3 Top 10 games (two of which were Hop). Not a stellar portfolio there...

the ivy is pretty volatile.

cornell/yale/brown with princeton on the outside.. does princeton win against cornell and knock cornell out or does CU with a loss stay ahead of the brown/yale loser? i would think one cornell win puts them in

does hopkins need to win vs PSU to stay in this?

does hopkins need to win vs PSU to stay in this?
I would think they would. How many teams have made the tournament (not as an AQ) with a 7-7 record - regardless of SOS? Not many, if any, I bet.

it might also matter who wins the b10.. if JH loses and maryland as well, the b10 winner might not be seeded at all. does maryland stay seeded with a bad loss?

it might also matter who wins the b10.. if JH loses and maryland as well, the b10 winner might not be seeded at all. does maryland stay seeded with a bad loss?
I think MD stands a chance of having to travel with a big loss to O$U. Not a big chance, but a chance.

Look, any game is going to be tough, but I'm really not scared of any team other than ND. We've already dispatched several teams in this bracket, and some pretty handedly.
I'm scared of Duke, UNC, ND...and maybe Denver. The rest not so much

Of those four my biggest concern would be Duke.

My biggest concern right now is the lack of consistency from Wardwell. Night and day between the UNC and Duke games last weekend. This team has shown all year that it can play from behind but he's giving up too many easy goals. I'm not giving a pass to the D either but on balance, I don't think they have been all that bad.

What if SU loses to Colgate?
Since we beat UNC and Duke this past weekend a loss this wekend would probably put as #2 and unless Army beat ND as well.

We are a lock for a top 2 seed. Saturday is about do we get an ACC opponent in QF or the 8 seed from Albany/Cornell/Ivy Champ./Maryland if they lose to Ohio State. Colgate is a top 10 RPI team so they are another good team on schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom