Breaking Bad | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Breaking Bad

Skyler didn't have to F Ted in the first place. If my wife was a drug lord and was violating numerous laws and endangering my life and kids I wouldn't ask her for a divorce and keep lies to myself. I am going to the police and getting her arrested so my property and assets don't get tied up under the RICO charge she would be charged with. Skyler should have followed the advice of her lawyer instead of Ted and doing everything she could get the divorce without ratting out her husband. The commentary she gave her OP-Ed was a joke and ploy to get support for her to win an Emmy when she can't beat either of the Downton Abbeys actresses or Jessica Brody from Homeland so Anna Gunn has to write that Op-Ed to appeal to Hollywood and win an Emmy.

To play Devil's advocate, from her point of view the marriage was over. Once she served the divorce papers on him, she can F whoever she wants.

To play Devil's advocate, from her point of view the marriage was over. Once she served the divorce papers on him, she can F whoever she wants.
I took Family Law that is not correct under the law.If she wanted a divorce she should have followed her attorney's advice but instead she killed any sympathy for her character after her actions in season 2 IFT.

That Op-Ed really pissed me off. Anna Gunn wrote that to try and get support from the Hollywood Liberal Elite voters of the Emmys so she can actually win one by claiming misogamy and getting votes for an Emmy she isn't qualified to win like Bryan Cranston has won 3 playing Walter White. What a joke Anna yeah people hate your character not because she f'ed Ted, treated Walter like chit, and the fact the writers made her character unlikable. BLAME THE WRITERS AND STOP CLAIMING s e x ISM.
Vince Gilligan says you are wrong . . . and probably a misogynist. I agree.

So I just started watching the show like, I think, 2 weeks ago or so?

Yeah, I'm currently watching Sunday's episode. In about 30 minutes I'll be 100% caught up.

I just have to say that, while I believe that Breaking Bad is the best television show I have ever seen . . . at the moment, Ray Donovan is my favorite show on television (and Top of the Lake is the best thing I've seen this year).

I just have to say that, while I believe that Breaking Bad is the best television show I have ever seen . . . at the moment, Ray Donovan is my favorite show on television (and Top of the Lake is the best thing I've seen this year).

I won't put Breaking Bad higher than #2 on my all-time list. The Wire is, was, and always will be the greatest TV show ever created.

Back to the original point of this thread, it appears the original link is bogus. The first episode was spot on but everything since has been way off. Should be "safe" to read as it looks like it's based on someone who saw an advance copy of the first ep and made everything else up.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Back to the original point of this thread, it appears the original link is bogus. The first episode was spot on but everything since has been way off. Should be "safe" to read as it looks like it's based on someone who saw an advance copy of the first ep and made everything else up.

Vince Gilligan said they only released the first episode for review this time (unlike most series that release 3 or 4) because there was so much packed into each episode to move the plot along they did not want to give too much away. The guy who wrote that up obviously saw S5 E9, and went on a riff. No emmy for him!

Ya I'm glad they're wrong because I really like the direction they're actually going. They're definitely feeding the fans (of the show) this season with the first 3 episodes, I'm guessing the pace only picks up from here.

Just curious: is anyone here still firmly backing Walter? I am; I'm always most intrigued by and supportive of antiheroes. I'm also of the opinion that morality is highly subjective and I'm likely less offended than most by Walter's actions. I find it curious that such a groundswell of support for Hank has emerged; I understand conceptually that he is the "lawman" but I draw some parallels between his Marxian pursuit of an arrest - which he seems to feel more deeply than any sympathy for Skyler - and Walt's relentless and singular pursuit of his business "empire".

Just curious: is anyone here still firmly backing Walter? I am; I'm always most intrigued by and supportive of antiheroes. I'm also of the opinion that morality is highly subjective and I'm likely less offended than most by Walter's actions. I find it curious that such a groundswell of support for Hank has emerged; I understand conceptually that he is the "lawman" but I draw some parallels between his Marxian pursuit of an arrest - which he seems to feel more deeply than any sympathy for Skyler - and Walt's relentless and singular pursuit of his business "empire".

I definitely am still backing Walt. Hank has gone from a (somewhat) sympathetic blowhard to a one dimensional non-conflicted character. My only gripe with the season so far. He had no internal conflict with what taking Walt down would do his wife's sister, his niece and nephew, nothing. Same thing with Marie. They've obviously crow-barred the conflict in with the latest episode.

As to being sympathetic to "bad guys", I'm reading Chuck Klosterman's book "I Wear the Black Hat" currently and it is about the essence of "villainy". You should check it out if you haven't already. http://www.amazon.com/Wear-Black-Hat-Grappling-Villains/dp/1439184496

Thanks Pearl! Added it to my reading list.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

So what is everyone thinking at the mid point? I'm thinking its such a dark chaotic season so far I don't know what to think, pretty much every prediction I've made hasn't happened.
Still think Jesse is toast.

So what is everyone thinking at the mid point? I'm thinking its such a dark chaotic season so far I don't know what to think, pretty much every prediction I've made hasn't happened.
Still think Jesse is toast.
I think Jesse is toast but at walts hand. Vince set up hanks death last Sunday though methinks...with walts call...crossfire

I think its obvious that Walter's call to Todd and Uncle's crew will backfire on Walter. Hank will meet his end real soon IMO and I think that Marie is going to accidentally kill Skyler trying to poison Walter and the Heisenberg spray paint in WW's house will be done by Todd's Uncle's crew after trying to kill Jeese and having it get DEA backblow on them will cause them to retaliate. I think the Rambo gun in Walter's trunk is for one of three scenarios I am not sure which right now. 1. to save Jeese who is being forced to cook for Lydia and co. 2. to save his Daughter Holly from kidnappers i.e. Lydia who want him to cook or 3. to kill everybody at Elliot and Gretchen's Grey Matter company and the Ricin is for Walter himself.

I think Jesse made peace with what had to happen in the Plaza. Hank's callousness towards Jesse's fate made me lose some Hank points.

I think Jesse made peace with what had to happen in the Plaza. Hank's callousness towards Jesse's fate made me lose some Hank points.

Never liked Hank. While I don't want to see him die I would like to see him embarrassed and thrown out of the DEA.

I just thought of something this where I think the ending is going to turn. Madrigal Industries and Lydia is going to have gotten its Methylamine from Grey Matter which is Gretchen and Elliot's company that Walter White is bitter about selling his interest for 5,ooo dollars which was a couple months of rent as Walter told Jeese. Walter is going to realize from Lydia that the fortune he created for himself came from chemicals which were supplied by the company that he thinks robbed him of billions of dollars. Walter is going to get away from ABQ and when he realizes that all this his work made the people he is most pissed off at Grey Matter millions of dollars he is going to use the Rambo gun on the facility and Ricin himself and maybe Gretchen and Elliot as well.

I just thought of something this where I think the ending is going to turn. Madrigal Industries and Lydia is going to have gotten its Methylamine from Grey Matter which is Gretchen and Elliot's company that Walter White is bitter about selling his interest for 5,ooo dollars which was a couple months of rent as Walter told Jeese. Walter is going to realize from Lydia that the fortune he created for himself came from chemicals which were supplied by the company that he thinks robbed him of billions of dollars. Walter is going to get away from ABQ and when he realizes that all this his work made the people he is most pissed off at Grey Matter millions of dollars he is going to use the Rambo gun on the facility and Ricin himself and maybe Gretchen and Elliot as well.

Interesting theory and that would be ironic, but I think I remember from the train heist episode that the methylamine was imported from China. Walter said that when the concentration was checked at the end of the line it would be slightly less than expected because of the dilution but the authorities would just blame it on the Chinese. Lydia was the one who told him about the shipment and the dead zone, etc.

was anyone else as fascinated by the bookshelf as i was? Check the book names. (Click to enlarge, quality was a little better when i paused the dvr)

2013-08-26-breaking_bad_bookshelf.jpg

Interesting theory and that would be ironic, but I think I remember from the train heist episode that the methylamine was imported from China. Walter said that when the concentration was checked at the end of the line it would be slightly less than expected because of the dilution but the authorities would just blame it on the Chinese. Lydia was the one who told him about the shipment and the dead zone, etc.

Was that where she got all her Methylamine before? I thought she has a tip about the train, but I didn't know she got her barrels from China. She always had Methylamine coming into Madgical for her other companies, but I am thinking those barrels may come from Grey Matter which is obviously a chemicals company because of Walter's background in chemistry.