Breaking Roberson News... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Breaking Roberson News...

Jon Rothstein‏@JonRothstein1m
Syracuse freshman Tyler Roberson has just been cleared by the NCAA, per a source. Will suit up for the Orange this season.
Best news I've heard all week! Roberson will be huge for this team imho.
swansondance.gif

That's fine. But I still want to know what the process is on the NCAA side. If the NCAA needs "X" amount or type of information from RC and RC provides it by a certain time, then why can't the NCAA have a process in place to approve this within the deadlines they, themselves, constructed?

I don't fault the NCAA for making sure these aren't diploma mills, but the NCAA needs to have deadlines and processes in place that they can utilize in a timely manner for these interactions. Otherwise, they should deconstruct the deadlines that currently stand.

That's my issue. It's not about looking the other way. It's not about doing your due diligence. It's about working within your own deadlines and with your own processes.

That's fair, I'm just saying what I had heard. I think the deadline for RC to get all their proof to the NCAA was 4 PM yesterday, for whatever that is worth. Why that was the deadline, I couldn't tell you. Was there some other deadline that the NCAA mentioned that I missed?

I think this was more like an appeal than anythign else; Tyler probably technically was ineligible. Though the fact that he was never informed of that, based on his public statements, gives me pause.

Wow. great news.

I think this will affect playing time everywhere. Christmas will play less minutes at forward, and more at center. BJ might well end up playing more at guard now than forward.

My guess as to how playing time will be doled out come conference time....

Coleman 15
Christmas 15
Keita 15
Obokoh 0
Fair 30
Grant 25
Roberson 20
Johnson 5
Ennis 30
Cooney 25
Gbinije 15
Patterson 5

Pretty deep and talented team.

It is a shame the practices are closed to the public. They would be great fun to watch.

I think this impacts Christmas the most and the centers in general. Because Roberson wasn't available for the one week of practice and Canada, I think my prediction of him starting at the 4 is significantly weakened. It would change the dynamics some. Still think he has the most all around talent on the team. And while Christmas may stay the starter at the 4, I still think we see a 3 headed monster at the 5 and 3 at the forwards with Fair, Grant and Roberson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see Tyler getting much run this year. I know the guy is super talented, I could end up looking like an idiot here.

Now that this is resolved I'm just waiting on the "Roberson at the 2" threads
go search orangegan13's posts - he has already made that pitch (indeed, he has Roberson and Grant splitting time at the 2)

That's fine. But I still want to know what the process is on the NCAA side. If the NCAA needs "X" amount or type of information from RC and RC provides it by a certain time, then why can't the NCAA have a process in place to approve this within the deadlines they, themselves, constructed?

I don't fault the NCAA for making sure these aren't diploma mills, but the NCAA needs to have deadlines and processes in place that they can utilize in a timely manner for these interactions. Otherwise, they should deconstruct the deadlines that currently stand.

That's my issue. It's not about looking the other way. It's not about doing your due diligence. It's about working within your own deadlines and with your own processes.
to be fair, TR didn't finish his course work until late July. if you are concerned about deadlines and processes, start there.

So you're telling me she's been lying to me about her name being Beatrice? I'm devastated. Wait 'til I get my hands on her tonight (literally and figuratively); her weekly "allowance" is going to suffer this week. And I'm not going to let her feed me grapes in bed either (that'll really teach her a lesson...it's her second favorite thing to do in the whole wide world).
And her first is...

I don't see Tyler getting much run this year. I know the guy is super talented, I could end up looking like an idiot here.

I agree. Fair and Grant are our two best players. Come ACC time (i wrote big east, had to edit.. wow), those two will play 35 mins a game each. Roberson's time will come next year.

I see him getting Grant-type minutes (from last year) this season.

to be fair, TR didn't finish his course work until late July. if you are concerned about deadlines and processes, start there.
Who cares!
We have the best set of forwards in college basketball.
Happy times. Enjoy the video.

Just as an example, in BE play, the fewest minutes CJ played in a game was 33 against Providence. He also played 34 vs Rutgers. (Both blowouts) He had a 9 game stretch in January into February where he sat out for 6 minutes, total.

What's cool about your posts is that I just go opposite of what you think and it's always right! Thank you sir!