Breaking Roberson News... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Breaking Roberson News...

to be fair, TR didn't finish his course work until late July. if you are concerned about deadlines and processes, start there.

Understood.

Why does the NCAA even allow that to be submitted for a clearance for the impending year?

I get why they scrutinize his work and the schools. I just don't get why they accept information at that time if they can't work within the org's own time constraints.

Again, I'm not trying to reduce this to "NCAA SUX/TYLER ROX" argument. It would have been great if everything was cleared up earlier. But from my understanding, he and RC provided work and information within the NCAA's own deadlines.

Once they hit that threshold, then the burden is on the NCAA to process the information and come to a conclusion within its own set deadlines, no?

What's cool about your posts is that I just go opposite of what you think and it's always right! Thank you sir!

Generally that would be a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally that would be a mistake.

Hey now. Case in point. cusetown called this one (Roberson) when we were all in panic mode.
And he also called Kaleb at least 14 days before announced on the board (early July). He didn't announce it to the board, and it wasn't just a gut feeling.

Give the guy some credit! He deserves it. As do Jake, Francis and many others.

If Grant stays, thinking about a frontcourt that includes Grant, Roberson, DC2, Rak, and McCullough...

Well, it makes me happy in the pants.
That is just plain scary. DC2 at the PG?
orangefan13, you brought down the thunder on this one. :p

Hey now. Case in point. cusetown called this one (Roberson) when we were all in panic mode.
And he also called Kaleb at least 14 days before announced on the board (early July). He didn't announce it to the board, and it wasn't just a gut feeling.

Give the guy some credit! He deserves it. As do Jake, Francis and many others.

I don't think I read where anyone said Roberson was not going to qualify. Not a one. Nobody did because nobody knew for sure and I mean NOBODY. The back and forth was about who was dragging their feet, whether there was a conspiracy, the NCAA being out to get us, etc. etc. Moqui was on point with his take.

Understood.

Why does the NCAA even allow that to be submitted for a clearance for the impending year?

I get why they scrutinize his work and the schools. I just don't get why they accept information at that time if they can't work within the org's own time constraints.

Again, I'm not trying to reduce this to "NCAA SUX/TYLER ROX" argument. It would have been great if everything was cleared up earlier. But from my understanding, he and RC provided work and information within the NCAA's own deadlines.

Once they hit that threshold, then the burden is on the NCAA to process the information and come to a conclusion within its own set deadlines, no?

Like I said, I think the implication in there is that they did come to a conclusion, RC/Tyler didn't like it, and were successfully able to appeal that decision. (Though I don't know that for a fact)

Man there is nothing better to wake up in the moring to then this.

Presents-under-the-Christmas-tree.png

People seem to be setting extremely high expectations for tall Tyler (as opposed to tiny pg Tyler) this year. I hope you all are right, as I don't see him playing that much with Jerami and CJ taking up 75-90% of all minutes at the forward spot come ACC play.

I don't think I read where anyone said Roberson was not going to qualify. Not a one. Nobody did because nobody knew for sure and I mean NOBODY. The back and forth was about who was dragging their feet, whether there was a conspiracy, the NCAA being out to get us, etc. etc. Moqui was on point with his take.

On the board, really? I will not dig up the hundreds of posts.
I am just happy he made it. I don't understand why some didn't express sheer joy in that. And if you want to dispute that, you weren't paying attention this morning.

He did say he was in syracuse... and he was. Whilst mike waters was saying hes in nj.

On the board, really? I will not dig up the hundreds of posts.
I am just happy he made it. I don't understand why some didn't express sheer joy in that. And if you want to dispute that, you weren't paying attention this morning.

I am sure everyone is ecstatic. I know the staff is. But I will repeat, and if I missed some posts oh well, I did not see Moqui, nor anyone, predict he would not be eligible. I saw a lot of lamenting if he wasn't and some people who were resigned to him not because of the late date.

That is just plain scary. DC2 at the PG?
orangefan13, you brought down the thunder on this one. :p

I hope your right. Holding defensively is one thing, playing your best scorers/players is another.
Bees made a good point how our sg/sf sets are alike in our offense. imo, CJ shoots the ball off a pullup better(and a big part is experience) then any of our guards this year.

I wouldn't be surprsied to see Roberson, Fair, Grant, Ennis, Rak on the floor together. And in that lineup in particular I wouldn't be surprised to see Rak play his best center in that lineup, because it has the scorers around him to add more pressure with his improved dribble and attacking game.

He did say he was in syracuse... and he was. Whilst mike waters was saying hes in nj.

He was here last weekend then went back to NJ. Had nothing to do with anyone knowing his eligibility status.

I hope your right. Holding defensively is one thing, playing your best scorers/players is another.
Bees made a good point how our sg/sf sets are alike in our offense. imo, CJ shoots the ball off a pullup better(and a big part is experience) then any of our guards this year.
And CJ is our best 3 pt shooter statistically. On paper, that apparently is different and hopefully will be verified in game by TC.

Tyler E has a very nice pull-up jumper as well as a one-handed floater he utilizes in the lane. I expect about 8-10ppg from TE. His outside shot is a little inconsistent but the form is solid. I don't think he'll be great from 3 this year but better than MCW and more than enough to keep the defenses honest against him.

He was here last weekend then went back to NJ. Had nothing to do with anyone knowing his eligibility status.

I didn't suggest he knew his eligibility status. Just that he knew more of whats going on that our media. Basically what I am saying is...I'll listen to what he has to say.