Breaking Roberson News... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Breaking Roberson News...

I am sure everyone is ecstatic. I know the staff is. But I will repeat, and if I missed some posts oh well, I did not see Moqui, nor anyone, predict he would not be eligible. I saw a lot of lamenting if he wasn't and some people who were resigned to him not because of the late date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fair enough. But some people have a really funny way of expressing their joy.
I'd rather smile and like the heckfire out of this board.
:)

I didn't suggest he knew his eligibility status. Just that he knew more of whats going on that our media. Basically what I am saying is...I'll listen to what he has to say.

He made a prediction on his eligibility. Nothing more, nothing less. And went down the NCAA is screwing us slope.

I wouldn't be surprsied to see Roberson, Fair, Grant, Ennis, Rak on the floor together. And in that lineup in particular I wouldn't be surprised to see Rak play his best center game, because it has the scorers around him to add more pressure with his improved dribble, movement, and attacking game.

This is just me hoping Roberson is that good. His 52 points the other night certainly is talking.
Reguardless of how bad the scrimmage team/high school team is its one thing to put up 27, its another to put up 52.It shows you want to score everything and be relentless. That was a big step for Tyler and Tyler to take over the last year and helps put them in the atleast 10ppg conversation as a 3rd scoring option easily.

Last edited:
Fair enough. But some people have a really funny way of expressing their joy.
I'd rather smile and like the heckfire out of this board.
:)

You know I'm happy. You know you and I were the only 2 predicting a couple months ago that he'd start. Of course that prediction now takes a hit.

He made a prediction on his eligibility. Nothing more, nothing less. And went down the NCAA is screwing us slope.

Hey, even Bilas went there. Maybe he was too caught up with our forum? Sorry bees, not trying to be confrontational, but you have to admit, as does JB. NCAA is not exactly a pillar of strength right now.

I agree. Fair and Grant are our two best players. Come ACC time (i wrote big east, had to edit.. wow), those two will play 35 mins a game each. Roberson's time will come next year.

I see him getting Grant-type minutes (from last year) this season.
agree . . . and hopefully fewer minutes than Grant got last year (Grant only got as many as he did because of Southerland's suspension; I hope we have no such issues or injury, thus meaning less minutes for TR).

You know I'm happy. You know you and I were the only 2 predicting a couple months ago that he'd start. Of course that prediction now takes a hit.

Good call by you way back. I remember it. :)
And I know you are happy, didn't mean you.
The kid is going to shine soon.

I'm really not even referencing his prediction on the eligibility issue. Just saying he has better more valid information than a random fan. And the NCAA would anything that moves. No standards whatsoever.

Grant really has made a jump attacking the rim this year. He was able to blow by the canadians even Carlton. I admit I did not forsee that happening, no way.

However, grant was only pulling up 1-3 times a game in canada. I think it will be in his best interests to be more in the 4-6 range early on. Someday he might be up against a defender who can cut his drive down alittle better. Of course I don't blame him for not doing so against easy competition.

Cuse only plays 9 midmajors this year, and 1-3 of them could be for real. Still it remains CJ is our only returning scorer and guys like T-Rob, Watkins, and Keita could put up 13 poitns against easy competition.

Last edited:
Hey, even Bilas went there. Maybe he was too caught up with our forum? Sorry bees, not trying to be confrontational, but you have to admit, as does JB. NCAA is not exactly a pillar of strength right now.

He was declared ineligible and the process took awhile because we had to file a waiver. You can read about the waiver process on the NCAA site. They weren't out to get us and weren't dragging their feet. That was the point all along. Even JB this afternoon is quoted as thanking the NCAA.

Last edited:
He was declared ineligible and the process took awhile because we had to file a waiver. You can read about the waiver process on the NCAA site. They weren't out to get us and weren't dragging their feet. That was the point all along. Even JB this afternoon is quoted as thanking the NCAA.

Bees: Do you have a link? Is that in print somewhere or was that on the radio?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bees: Do you have a link? Is that in print somewhere or was that on the radio?

Zags

I wouldn't be surprsied to see Roberson, Fair, Grant, Ennis, Rak on the floor together. And in that lineup in particular I wouldn't be surprised to see Rak play his best center game, because it has the scorers around him to add more pressure with his improved dribble, movement, and attacking game.

This is just me hoping Roberson is that good. His 52 points the other night certainly is talking.
Reguardless of how bad the scrimmage team/high school team is its one thing to put up 27, its another to put up 52.It shows you want to score everything and be relentless. That was a big step for Tyler and Tyler to take over the last year and helps put them in the atleast 10ppg conversation as a 3rd scoring option easily.

Um wasnt that 51 point jobber against Kyrie Irving and other NBAer's?? I dont think it was against Mary Katherine Gallagher of the poor

If you knew he was declared ineligible why did you play coy with the board?

I think this impacts Christmas the most and the centers in general. Because Roberson wasn't available for the one week of practice and Canada, I think my prediction of him starting at the 4 is significantly weakened. It would change the dynamics some. Still think he has the most all around talent on the team. And while Christmas may stay the starter at the 4, I still think we see a 3 headed monster at the 5 and 3 at the forwards with Fair, Grant and Roberson.

Sweet backpedal

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 2

If you knew he was declared ineligible why did you play coy with the board?

Because I didn't know factually at the time? Just like nobody knew factually that he was eligible and the NCAA was just dicking with us. I did say a couple nights ago that we may have had to go the waiver route. Everyone is ineligible until declared eligible.

In fairness, it might not have been publicly accessible information. Only a guess.

Sometimes, even the pay side is closed to its members.

That too.

tee: I love Tyler's sneaker color choice in your avatar pic. The sneakers don't even match his Roselle Catholic uni but he doesn't care one bit.