Brent Axe finally says it | Syracusefan.com

Brent Axe finally says it

He’s been saying that for a few weeks
Didn’t he have an article about all the mistakes or was that someone else’s?

The coaching is holding this team back

And it's frustrating

Honestly, F Brent Axe.

Zero perspective, if that's his take. And this is coming from someone who is tired as hell of the coaching miscues. But after today's win, and what the team overcame to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, Brent Axe can go suck an egg.

Honestly, F Brent Axe.

Zero perspective, if that's his take. And this is coming from someone who is tired as hell of the coaching miscues. But after today's win, and what the team overcame to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, Brent Axe can go suck an egg.

We scored twice in the final 5 to win. And held VT to a 3 and out after what looked to be a backbreaking first down. Played enough four down ball in the 2nd half too.

Smytz needs to get fixed, guy is yip city right now.

I don't like when coaching is conflated with game management. Yes, the game management has been terrible but that's like 5% of what a HC does. It is a very important part of being a HC of course. The kids are playing hard and are put in a position to make plays, and isn't that what good coaching does?

I want Dino here next year because assembling a good team that plays hard is the most important thing a coaching staff can do. Through all the setbacks this team has not quit, and the head coach deserves credit for that.

If he means game management, fine. But I won't go along with the rest of it. Most of these guys weren't rated as high as the kids we are playing against were in high school. The kids do seem to be coached up.
That's exactly what he said

I don't like when coaching is conflated with game management. Yes, the game management has been terrible but that's like 5% of what a HC does. It is a very important part of being a HC of course. The kids are playing hard and are put in a position to make plays, and isn't that what good coaching does?

I want Dino here next year because assembling a good team that plays hard is the most important thing a coaching staff can do. Through all the setbacks this team has not quit, and the head coach deserves credit for that.
I for one, would be thrilled if Dino would just have someone to help in in game management. It isn't a knock against yourself to need help in one area. We could be very good next year.

I’ll say this. He seems to be able to find talent. He’s putting as many Players on the NFL radar as we’ve seen here. Schematically, I think the offense and defense he oversees are fine as well.

But the game management, it’s just so frustrating. Things happen that just shouldn’t.

Regardless, the team has certainly improved and they’re inches from a great season. If they can close out, that’s worth something.

Good clarification.

Problem is, a hot take shame like Brent Axe is too dumb to know the difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom