Brian Kelly to LSU | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Brian Kelly to LSU

Clemson got to the playoffs with 1 loss twice, and the conference wasn't any stronger in those years.
Go back over those two seasons and they had plenty of quality wins plus they were Clemson (NC winners). FSU and Miami were better back then than they are now. So was L'ville.

Meh, not really a fair comparison. OU, though a great program, is regressing and just lost in Bedlam. ND is rising.
OU had won six straight B12 title games until this year and has (if he returns) the leading Heisman candidate in the nation. They lost to a top five team on Saturday on the road in a thriller. Regression?

OU had won six straight B12 title games until this year and has (if he returns) the leading Heisman candidate in the nation. They lost to a top five team on Saturday on the road in a thriller. Regression?
They will not be playing in the B12 Championship game now. Rather, their in state rival will. Also they were poised to make the CFP a couple weeks ago, now they are not. Yes, regression.

If Pitt beat WMU and only lost to Miami they would be a CFB contender this week.
Their metrics are good.

The loss to Western Michigan killed them.

Pitt is actually a good team. They just choked against Western.
They are a good team but they'd be an underdog (even with a win over WMU) over just about everybody in the top ten and in several cases a double digit dog.

The funny thing if I remember correctly: Freeman chose ND over LSU to be DC less than a year ago.

lol what have ya done for me lately?
Exactly, as SU fans this concept is entirely foreign to us but these elite programs are running on expectation levels that are far beyond what we even dream of. I’m not saying I agree with it, but it’s definitely a thing. Look no further than the SEC for example.

Brian Kelly left for money alone. ND wasn’t going to pay him that type of money.

He’s a damn good coach. Not sure why everyone assumes he will fall flat.
Guy has made ND a player again which is harder than any other job w their expectations

If I’m ND they need to see the fork in the road: go big and pay 10mm plus for a Meyer or Fickel or go the coordinator route.

It’ll be interesting

Notre Dame’s alltime winningiest Coach is leaving for another college job.

What a sick sport. Yet we can’t get rid of a 29-42 coach.

I bet Kelly is going to get 12 million a year.
If Dino wins 7 next year might have to up him to $7 mill a year

Brian Kelly left for money alone. ND wasn’t going to pay him that type of money.

Guy has made ND a player again which is harder than any other job w their expectations

If I’m ND they need to see the fork in the road: go big and pay 10mm plus for a Meyer or Fickel or go the coordinator route.

It’ll be interesting
Define player. Kelly is good coach but Nd has played some easy schedules and has been beat down against every top team he's played against.

That answers the question of what the destination jobs are. The answer? There are none... The destination is wherever the money is...

So stop worrying if a coach does well here he'll leave... The answer is yes, just like they would at Florida State, Oklahoma and Notre Dame.

Define player. Kelly is good coach but Nd has played some easy schedules and has been beat down against every top team he's played against.
Brian Kelly is a good coach no matter the schedule that ND puts out. They are hunted yearly and get everyone's best game. You can paint it anyway you want but he's been their best coach since Holtz and it's not even close. He's won 10 games 5 years in a row.

LSU isn't a dumb program. They got a guy they know can recruit, win, and manage a football team.

It’ll be interesting
I agree - good for Kelly and in my opinion a good hire for LSU. Program wise he is the best guy they have had since Saban.

The fact that ND got poached by a regional school is the big picture issue to me. The most prestigious and beloved/hated program in college football is losing their winningest coach to what is basically a regional school. LSU is not Alabama, Ohio ST, Michigan, USC - they are a regional school. This has to lead to some bi picture discussions by the ND powers that be on the future and where this sport is headed.

I agree - good for Kelly and in my opinion a good hire for LSU. Program wise he is the best guy they have had since Saban.

The fact that ND got poached by a regional school is the big picture issue to me. The most prestigious and beloved/hated program in college football is losing their winningest coach to what is basically a regional school. LSU is not Alabama, Ohio ST, Michigan, USC - they are a regional school. This has to lead to some bi picture discussions by the ND powers that be on the future and where this sport is headed.
LSU’s last 3 HC have won NCs.
It’s not a regional school.

It’s just dealing Alabama under Saban.

LSU is a top 10 job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online