broyld | Syracusefan.com

broyld

Ithacaorange

Scout Team
I am excited to see him play this year for us, I think he will e dangerous. What scares me though is how he will do academically. I would hate to have him play one great season, then have academic problems, I hope he has gotten that part of it down now.

He got his grades in order at Milford and already attended the Spring 2012 semester at SU. He's eligible now, so I wouldn't worry just yet.

Let's not worry about non-problems, until they are problems.
As an old friend once told me, "I used to worry until I was 5 years old. Then I realized that it didn't do any good, so I haven't worried since then."

As an old friend once told me, "I used to worry until I was 5 years old. Then I realized that it didn't do any good, so I haven't worried since then."
Agreed...besides, why worry about things you can't control? Makes zero sense.

I am scared too... frightened about how some kid I don't know will perform in the classroom, Geeze. It's entertainment, nothing else. Watch the games, drink booze, eat processed meats, have fun, other than that who cares? I wish all these kids well but it's up to them as it is every other college student in the world, they are no different

He got his grades in order at Milford and already attended the Spring 2012 semester at SU. He's eligible now, so I wouldn't worry just yet.

Agreed. He actually has two semesters worth of credits under his belt now [spring and summer session(s)]--heading into his "freshman" year, so he should actually be ahead of the curve and on solid footing academically.

My hope is he gets 25-35 touches a game, we need someone who can consistently move the chains, and get touchdowns not field goals.

My hope is he gets 25-35 touches a game, we need someone who can consistently move the chains, and get touchdowns not field goals.

Unlikely this year. I'm hoping he gets 10 touches per game from 20-30 snaps a game

Unlikely this year. I'm hoping he gets 10 touches per game from 20-30 snaps a game

I'm just interested in seeing what the kid can do. QB...RB...WR...whatever. I hope he gives opposing defenses something to prepare for and account for on gameday, which will hopefully open things up for other players.

You can never have enough playmakers, and we are sorely in need.

I am scared too... frightened about how some kid I don't know will perform in the classroom, Geeze. It's entertainment, nothing else. Watch the games, drink booze, eat processed meats, have fun, other than that who cares? I wish all these kids well but it's up to them as it is every other college student in the world, they are no different

Good post IB.

Don't you live in a glass house during the season? j/k But, I do always look forward to your post game reactions.

Agreed...besides, why worry about things you can't control? Makes zero sense.
There's no use worryin'. If you can do something about it, there's no use worryin'. If you can't do nothin' about it, there's no use worryin'. So there's no use worryin'.

-Mickey Rivers

who, other than the QB touches the ball 25-35 times a game?

cut your expectation in 1/2, and you are still likely to be disapointed.

I want him to get five touches a game. I want him to be used sparingly enough at first that when he's deployed, the defense doesn't know what hit them. Then, when defenses start to catch on, the defense is forced to shift, leaving guys like Lemon and Sales with more space.

I really think Broyld has to be a change of pace guy, not the focal point.

I want him to get five touches a game. I want him to be used sparingly enough at first that when he's deployed, the defense doesn't know what hit them. Then, when defenses start to catch on, the defense is forced to shift, leaving guys like Lemon and Sales with more space.

I really think Broyld has to be a change of pace guy, not the focal point.

Yup. Him being on the field will make life easier for everyone else even if it doesn't show in the box score. Hopefully we see Broyld and Thompson both lined up in the slot quite a bit in 3 or 4 WR sets. He and Thompson will present serious matchup problems for safeties or LBs lining up in coverage.

Workhorse RB would be the only one typically other than the QB. Not sure we have one this year yet... maybe Jerome Smith or AAM?

Agreed. I'm hoping he gets 5-8 snaps at QB in various formations, a couple of carries, maybe a couple of balls thrown his way. Either way, that looks like 10-15 touches max--maybe a few more, depending on the opponent.

Hope he can work on his hands spring game and fan fest too many drops, has to catch the ball to make them miss

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom