Broyld | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Broyld

I would gladly live with Broyld, bonehead plays and all. I see highlights of Taj Boyd and think Broyld is just as gifted. The kid is an amazing talent that absolutely cannot be wasted on the bench. I understand why he never made it as a QB in the Hackett offense, but why can't we design a full package with Broyld at QB? He would be DEADLY under center in the red zone.

I'm not saying junk what we have and go with AB, but they must find a way to get this kid on the field as more than just a target.

Other teams have their most athletic players on the field. We can't find a home for ours. That's pathetic.

Taj Boyd? Come on. Comparing him to guys like Boyd, Cam Newton, McNabb are all completely unfair. He's an excellent athlete, has some wiggle for his size, and does a very good job of making people miss, but I haven't seen a whole lot more. He dominated HS football in upstate NY, let's not get carried away.

He's a weapon, and so is Smith, so should Morris, Clark, Kobena, and Estime, and West, Gulley, Wales should be the stick movers and redzone playmakers.

Broyld ain't in Taj Boyd's league. Athletically or certainly not football skills-wise.

Taj Boyd? Come on. Comparing him to guys like Boyd, Cam Newton, McNabb are all completely unfair. He's an excellent athlete, has some wiggle for his size, and does a very good job of making people miss, but I haven't seen a whole lot more. He dominated HS football in upstate NY, let's not get carried away.

He's a weapon, and so is Smith, so should Morris, Clark, Kobena, and Estime, and West, Gulley, Wales should be the stick movers and redzone playmakers.

I knew this post was coming. I was not suggesting that QB Broyld = QB Boyd. He clearly isn't. Nowhere close. However, he has every bit that elusive athletic ability and can only make this team better. If they can't find a way to use him, what's the point in having him on the team? The kid needs to touch the ball. If they want to go WR/TE with him, then so be it, but design some friggin plays for him. Let him take an end around and throw for first down yardage. Letting him waste away on the sidelines is a sin.

I knew this post was coming. I was not suggesting that QB Broyld = QB Boyd. He clearly isn't. Nowhere close. However, he has every bit that elusive athletic ability and can only make this team better. If they can't find a way to use him, what's the point in having him on the team? The kid needs to touch the ball. If they want to go WR/TE with him, then so be it, but design some friggin plays for him. Let him take an end around and throw for first down yardage. Letting him waste away on the sidelines is a sin.

He definitely needs the ball. No question. He's the best athlete we have on offense especially considering his size. I still think Boyd is a better athlete, though.

It's one game in, they didn't have extended possessions or a whole lot of continuity. I agree he needs to be used, and he will get his share and I hope Morris does as well.

Smith and Gulley were a product of the passing attack and the passing attack was more effective when those two started running the ball better. Last year was very much around the ability of the staff to game plan and Nassib to make the proper presnap ready.

Smith and Gulley aren't going to get that help and therefore I think, and I said this weeks ago, that the offense is going to have to rely more on talent than scheme this year.

I'm not smart enough to know how good Broyld could become. And I think Smith is an excellent RB, Gulley too. And frankly, I think Morris will end up being better than both of them. But at THIS moment in time, I think Broyld is the most dynamic player we have, the kind of guy who could possibly do things that change games...change strategies...win games. I'm in favor of anything we can do to find ways to develop is role on the field. I don't think he can just throw him in as the starting QB, but he needs a role. I think they -- the coaches -- know this too. And I think we're just now only seeing the leading edge of what is to come.

Looking at him in high school, I said he looked like a high school version of Cam newton and if he turns out to be a college version, I want to find that out with him in an SU uniform. It turns out, as pointed out above, two coaching staffs have looked at him and think he's a better fit in this role and I accept their judgement on that. If he were Taj Boyd, they'd have him as our starting QB, no question.

Looking at him in high school, I said he looked like a high school version of Cam newton and if he turns out to be a college version, I want to find that out with him in an SU uniform. It turns out, as pointed out above, two coaching staffs have looked at him and think he's a better fit in this role and I accept their judgement on that. If he were Taj Boyd, they'd have him as our starting QB, no question.

He looked like that because he was playing football in Rochester, NY.

Mike Hart played for Onondaga Central. He's the all-time leading rusher for the Michigan Wolverines.

Yup. Athletes have to come from somewhere.

Mike Hart played for Onondaga Central. He's the all-time leading rusher for the Michigan Wolverines.

Did he looked like an oversized player at his position like Cam Newton does?

Did he looked like an oversized player at his position like Cam Newton does?
He looks like a big fast 6'4" guy because that is what he is

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

He looks like a big fast 6'4" guy because that is what he is

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Mike Hart?

I hate these simplistic analogies. If Broyld had that ability he would be our QB.

Since I always like to think outside of the box... Heck, if he can't master an offensive skill set position, turn him (that athletic ability) loose on the defensive side of the ball. (?)

Mike Hart?

I hate these simplistic analogies. If Broyld had that ability he would be our QB.

The point is that being from Upstate New York doesn't mean you aren't big or aren't a good football player.

The point is that being from Upstate New York doesn't mean you aren't big or aren't a good football player.

Who said Broyld wasn't going to be good?

Who said Broyld wasn't going to be good?

Bayside said he looked big, (and by implication, good) in high school because he was playing against players from Rochester NY. I was just point out that big, good guys can come from a lot of places.

Bayside said he looked big, (and by implication, good) in high school because he was playing against players from Rochester NY. I was just point out that big, good guys can come from a lot of places.

That wasn't his point, it's that he was saying he looked like CAM NEWTON because it was in comparison to the rest of Rochester HS football. Doesn't mean he's not a good player, it's that he's not a dominate elite player on the level Newton was in the SEC.

That wasn't his point, it's that he was saying he looked like CAM NEWTON because it was in comparison to the rest of Rochester HS football. Doesn't mean he's not a good player, it's that he's not a dominate elite player on the level Newton was in the SEC.

I don't see a disagreement here. Yes, he looked like Cam newton against high school competition and no, that's not the equivalent of being Cam Newton in college. All I had ever said was that if he turned out to be a Cam Newton in college, I wanted that to happen in a Syracuse uniform. Bayside said he looked big because he was playing against high school players from Rochester NY. Big guys come from everywhere. So do good players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom