Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

Donovan McNabb said it's pretty known that JB doesn't play the best basketball players, and players are pretty aware of it.

It doesn't actually matter who's better or how they do in practice. It matters who's ordained to play. It's black and white.

LOL. So Mcnabb wanted Elvir to play more?

S

So we have
Buddy
Girard
Sidibe
Dolezaj
Richmond
Newton
Edwards
Ajok
As locks

Washington
Braswell
in limbo

Carey
Hughes
Likely gone

Goodine
Gone

Does that look a NCAAT team?

why is carey likely gone and not gone?

why is carey likely gone and not gone?
I was being diplomatic till before it was official.
We all knew for the most part he was gonzo I didn’t want to put it as a fact till the announcement.

Buddy played all 32 games and averaged over 17 minutes a game. Goodine only played in 23 games and only played more than 17 minutes twice. How can you compare?

Boeheim's rotation (or lack thereof) becomes an even bigger problem with having a transfer portal. If they had that years ago, we would have lost a lot more quality players.
Noting that Buddy played more minutes than Brycen - without also noting that Buddy shot 41% from 3-pt range in conference play as a freshman, compared to 25% for Brycen this year (with only 3 made 3s) - is incredibly misleading.

Buddy played his way back into the rotation last year because he made shots. Brycen was unable to play his way back into the rotation because he didn’t make shots, and didn’t show any real ability to run the point (with his negative assist-to-turnover ratio).

That’s the comparison between the two players.

Noting that Buddy played more minutes than Brycen - without also noting that Buddy shot 41% from 3-pt range in conference play as a freshman, compared to 25% for Brycen this year (with only 3 made 3s) - is incredibly misleading.

Buddy played his way back into the rotation last year because he made shots. Brycen was unable to play his way back into the rotation because he didn’t make shots, and didn’t show any real ability to run the point (with his negative assist-to-turnover ratio).

Absolutely correct.

And while Brycen is clearly much more athletic than Buddy or JGIII, which is why he’s a better defender in general -
When JB put him and HoWash in vs BC, they got LIT UP from 3 -
when playing D was pretty much their ONLY job at the end of the game.

No 1, or even 2 of these guys in a vacuum is a huge loss.

All 3 is.

Absolutely correct.

And while Brycen is clearly much more athletic than Buddy or JGIII, which is why he’s a better defender in general -
When JB put him and HoWash in vs BC, they got LIT UP from 3 -
when playing D was pretty much their ONLY job at the end of the game.

No 1, or even 2 of these guys in a vacuum is a huge loss.

All 3 is.
This is hilarious.
That BC garbage team shooting is held against the backups.

There is no point bothering if this is an actual point.

So we do blame the starters for the garbage games they played against Oklahoma State and Penn State or the numerous games in conference play we lost because of defense?

Open the box with the BC garbage time comments.

This is hilarious.

So we do blame the starters for the garbage games they played against Oklahoma State and Penn State or the numerous games in conference play we lost because of defense?

Since it got you to engage, I sincerely regret posting it - now.

Since it got you to engage, I sincerely regret posting it - now.
Yeah because the comment was so out of the park a word I don’t want to say because I am not going to get in trouble that I had to comment.

To even bother trying to spin defense as a negative on the backups.

Our starters are WORSE AT DEFENSE and you use try using defense as a ding on the backups.

Good job though.

I think the other oddity in the whole rotation at the end of the year, was going with HoWa and Goodine repeatedly when they did get a couple minutes of PT here or there - or JUST HoWA.

Well, that and the weird yo-yo thing. Goodine played well the game before - let's go with HoWa next game.

And then if Goodine does play, put him in with HoWa! I'm not sure who that was ever going to help.

That would have been like if last year every time we brought in Buddy we threw him on the court with Jalen Carey and took out Battle. Let's see how you do with the kid I don't trust to play!!! Bwaahahahah! Made no sense.

Eh, Buddy did make shots, and that's to his credit.

But he also kept getting chances, and the leash was a heckuva lot longer than most other freshmen guards we've seen.

This is hilarious.

On a larger picture...could his point be that you’ve gotta SCORE to win games? Even with a “good defensive backcourt” out there we were getting lit up. 3’s are going to fall in today’s game. You’ve gotta be able to score yourself.

That’s what people here were saying through the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons.

Now we’re on “DEFENSE!!” again?

It would be nice if we could recruit some studs that could play both ends again, but...we haven’t been getting those level of guys.

On a larger picture...could his point be that you’ve gotta SCORE to win games? Even with a “good defensive backcourt” out there we were getting lit up. 3’s are going to fall in today’s game. You’ve gotta be able to score yourself.

That’s what people here were saying through the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons.

Now we’re on “DEFENSE!!” again?

It would be nice if we could recruit some studs that could play both ends again, but...we haven’t been getting those level of guys.
We were up 25 points it was garbage time.
Everyone on the floor is playing for offense.
The defense doesn’t matter when it’s 4 minutes left and that lead.

We were up 25 points it was garbage time.
Everyone on the floor is playing for offense.
The defense doesn’t matter when it’s 4 minutes left and that lead.

Hmmm...I’ve seen people go nuts here throughout the year saying we should put our “defensive backcourt” in when protecting a lead.

Hmmm...I’ve seen people go nuts here throughout the year saying we should put our “defensive backcourt” in when protecting a lead.
If he did and then they failed in a tight game this point would be fair.

Basing anything on garbage time isn’t fair.
There has been garbage time they did well.

If he did and then they failed in a tight game this point would be fair.

Basing anything on garbage time isn’t fair.
There has been garbage time they did well.

I think there’s a larger point there that big picture wise, “good offense beats good defense in the 2020’s”. That wasn’t the case not too long ago, but the game has changed big time and that’s the direction things are going IMO.

S

So we have
Buddy
Girard
Sidibe
Dolezaj
Richmond
Newton
Edwards
Ajok
As locks

Washington
Braswell
in limbo

Carey
Hughes
Likely gone

Goodine
Gone

Does that look a NCAAT team?
12 wins

I say 7-4 nonconference
7 wins low end to 12 wins in conference.

So I say 14 to 19 wins.

Yeah. I don’t think it looks much different on paper than our teams the last few years.

I say 7-4 nonconference
7 wins low end to 12 wins in conference.

So I say 14 to 19 wins.
We’re going to miss Hughes on offense and defense. I just dont see how we get to 15 unless Guerrier’s j comes along and he’s the second coming of CJ Fair

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom