Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

That is dumb by Mcnabb. Jimmy wants to win more than anyone and some of this is certainly winning short term vs long term. This case revolves around perception issues that are obviously real and top of mind for a bunch of players on roster. Always knew it would be difficult to coach your son and manage playing time. I don’t think jimmy has handled it well at all. Can’t be good for the locker room.

Cuse!
I think girard might be just as big an issue. Adopted son if you will

Yeah but at least if he played 12 minutes a game this year he'd have an opportunity to shine in game moments. . He didnt even have that opportunity.

I don’t know the numbers but my memory is saying that’s roughly what he was getting early on? Could be wrong, but it seems he was getting decent run. He didn’t do much.

It’s always interesting to me when people blame the coach for not playing a largely ineffective player more than his play merits.

The only bright side is this may force jb to hit the transfer market and recruiting trail harder.

You can complain all you want. I don't care. I just find it funny that people who have never played , never coached, know more than JB. That's just me. And by the way, Jb has a radio show where people can call in and say whatever they want to him but most never do.

There is a weird fanboy'ishness to these stances.

It's a sport - you watch, you enjoy, you debate. There is no celebrity to it all, why does anyone want to call and talk to someone about their job.
I don't know.

I also think sometimes the staff at restaurants are bad, I've never worked at one though, and I have zero desire to call to start chatting with them either. I'll criticize the **** out of them though, especially if there was an Applebee's message board and I gave a **** about Applebee's. I'm not sure people need to have done something at a certain level to chat it up...

I get the fanboy stuff, I just don't get calling people out for having thoughts/opinions...on a forum.

Saying “JB wants to win” is as moronic as a challenge to that assertion.
Every coach on the planet “wants to win.” The differences are in recognizing which of their choices and decisions reperesent a compromise to that effort.

Saying “JB wants to win” is as moronic as a challenge to that assertion.
Every coach on the planet “wants to win.” The differences are in recognizing which of their choices and decisions reperesent a compromise to that effort.
If you read this board you would think that playing his son first is more important to JB. i don't believe that JB believes he is making compromises to accomplish that goal. I also don't think we lost much today

I understand which really sort of makes the guard situation toxic...even if unintended.

As I said later why can he not compete with JG3 for starting guard? To me it is weak to just give up. If he spent the off-season getting better who knows. JB I feel would have pulled JG3 a few times when he took those half court 3’s. Would be a better mentality to say...JB I dare you to take me off the floor. If he is clearly better then one or both and JB still gives him 5 minutes then by all means leave. I just think the whole...I worked really hard and didn’t get what I wanted so I am leaving is real weak. Probably why he didn’t get on the floor in the first place.

Also, Carey was supposed to take a leap this year. SO he would have been competing with both boeheim and Carey for minutes. Just replace Carey with JG3. He came in knowing all this

I think the concern, right or wrong, is that perhaps there will be no real competition and he wastes another year.

I do wonder how we recruit in re: what we say about zone. Cuz it must be quite a shock to arrive as the best, maybe 2nd best after JC, defender and suddenly see a 180 to where defense is completely and utterly irrelevant to PT at the guard spot. That's a massive philosophy change leading to a lot of PT for people that aren't you.

I think the concern, right or wrong, is that perhaps there will be no real competition and he wastes another year.

I do wonder how we recruit in re: what we say about zone. Cuz it must be quite a shock to arrive as the best, maybe 2nd best after JC, defender and suddenly see a 180 to where defense is completely and utterly irrelevant to PT at the guard spot. That's a massive philosophy change leading to a lot of PT for people that aren't you.
Idk. Can he retract knowing that Carey and Howard w are both gone as well?

This thread is mystifying to me. A couple of folks have huge agendas and post the same thing over and over again. Careful what you wish for as success post Boeheim is not a given...ask the folks at Carolina when Matt Doherty took over, ask the folks at Indiana after Knight, ask the folks at Pitt after Dixon left, look at St John’s, look at UConn and look at Georgetown, etc.

The evolution of this team this year up to the very end was amazing. We saw it before our eyes. Buddy’s game dramatically improved from last year to this year...that curl jumper at the foul line was amazing,Girard’s lob passes and involvement of Sidibe as the year went on helped the evolution of Bourama, Marek’s aggression and speed was special. Even Edwards and Quincy made huge strides too. None of this happened by accident and is a result of great coaching by the entire staff. So here is to another 7 months in the weight room, development of more rounded games and new wrinkles. I personally truly appreciated the evolution we witnessed this year and look forward to next year with excitement and enthusiasm.

This thread is mystifying to me. A couple of folks have huge agendas and post the same thing over and over again. Careful what you wish for as success post Boeheim is not a given...ask the folks at Carolina when Matt Doherty took over, ask the folks at Indiana after Knight, ask the folks at Pitt after Dixon left, look at St John’s, look at UConn and look at Georgetown, etc.

The evolution of this team this year up to the very end was amazing. We saw it before our eyes. Buddy’s game dramatically improved from last year to this year...that curl jumper at the foul line was amazing,Girard’s lob passes and involvement of Sidibe as the year went on helped the evolution of Bourama, Marek’s aggression and speed was special. Even Edwards and Quincy made huge strides too. None of this happened by accident and is a result of great coaching by the entire staff. So here is to another 7 months in the weight room, development of more rounded games and new wrinkles. I personally truly appreciated the evolution we witnessed this year and look forward to next year with excitement and enthusiasm.

we werent even on the bubble In a terrible ACC this year. Every time we played a solid team, we got stomped.

this post doesnt reflect reality

Nice post.

The evolution of this team?
Our preseason O/U for wins was 17.5.

We literally hit expectations to a tee.

We weren’t even on the bubble.
My god did we watch the same team.
Expectations were so low this year.

We are losing our best player, we have 3 transfers from this team and yet people are supposed to be optimistic? Why?

The evolution of this team?
Our preseason O/U for wins was 17.5.

We literally hit expectations to a tee.

We weren’t even on the bubble.
My god did we watch the same team.
Expectations were so low this year.

We are losing our best player, we have 3 transfers from this team and yet people are supposed to be optimistic? Why?
I'll hang onto some optimism because of years past where we have rallied from down years or mass departures. Flynn, Harris, and Devendorf leaving led to one of the best teams. And yes, I know Wes isn't waiting to play after a year learning while sitting out a full year.

I'll hang onto some optimism because of years past where we have rallied from down years or mass departures. Flynn, Harris, and Devendorf leaving led to one of the best teams. And yes, I know Wes isn't waiting to play after a year learning while sitting out a full year.
If we had a Wes Johnson waiting in the wings I'd feel a lot better. If Hughes shocked us all and came back then things would look better.

we will lose Elijah Hughes are people are worried about Brycen Goodine

lol, right. Matt Moyer left. The world kept spinning. Now Matt Moyer is leaving the school that he left for.

Hughes will be very difficult to replace. Marek and Guerrier both gotta take their games to another level and Sidibe needs to play all season the way he finished this one. And hopefully Kadary is good enough to play and give us a legit 3rd guard. Braswell - potential wildcard?

matt moyer ? he's the kid we initially took over elijah hughes ?

lol, right. Matt Moyer left. The world kept spinning. Now Matt Moyer is leaving the school that he left for.

Hughes will be very difficult to replace. Marek and Guerrier both gotta take their games to another level and Sidibe needs to play all season the way he finished this one. And hopefully Kadary is good enough to play and give us a legit 3rd guard. Braswell - potential wildcard?
And Hughes was a transfer from East Carolina that a lot here didn’t want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom