Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

Well, those game were all winnable, and came down to a possession or two. Maybe if the bench played more, we get blown out. You see, playing better players give us a better chance to win games.
I am rubber you are glue.
That is basically what you sound like.
Good job. Appreciate the elementary school level arguments.

How do players get better without playing time?
Practice is the bullchit response but different players are held to different standards and sorry that is noted.

The starting backcourt was not miles better than the bench.
Just because our HC is comfortable with the starters doesn’t mean they don’t get worn down.

Better players on other teams don’t play as much and the gap is large from them to their bench.

Practice + showing up early and staying late to work on things+playing in the summer = a heck of a lot more time than the games. You get better by constantly putting in the work year round.

Getting force fed game minutes you’re not ready for doesnt necessarily help...IMO it only helps when you prove you’re ready for them and you produce when you’re in there.

Michael Edwards should’ve “developed” into a great guard for us after getting a lot of minutes as a freshman, no?

Practice + showing up early and staying late to work on things+playing in the summer = a heck of a lot more time than the games. You get better by constantly putting in the work year round.

Getting force fed game minutes you’re not ready for doesnt necessarily help...IMO it only helps when you prove you’re ready for them and you produce when you’re in there.

Michael Edwards should’ve “developed” into a great guard for us after getting a lot of minutes as a freshman, no?

Kaleb Joseph nods his head knowingly.
;)

Yeah if we keep Braswell it’s 10.
Which is still not good roster management to have 3 open scholarships after all that complaints about the sanctions and lost scholarships.

Who didn't see THIS coming? 2 months ago you were crying about taking Buddy off scholarship, so we could recruit grad-transfers (which the staff has been doing). You were implying that JB was running kids off. Now you're complaining about roster management a few days after 3 kids transfer?

If the staff lands 3 players before the season, is it good roster management?

unbelievable

Who didn't see THIS coming? 2 months ago you were crying about taking Buddy off scholarship, so we could recruit grad-transfers (which the staff has been doing). You were implying that JB was running kids off. Now you're complaining about roster management a few days after 3 kids transfer?

If the staff lands 3 player before the season, is it good roster management?

unbelievable
If the staff lands 3 more players for next year then yes it’s obviously good roster management.
Since we would have more talent.
Talent is actually important.

Sorry you feel otherwise.

If the staff lands 3 more players for next year then yes it’s obviously good roster management.

so the fact that we can't recruit right now is bad roster management? What could the staff have done to effect good roster management in the last few days, in your eyes?

so the fact that we can't recruit right now is bad roster management? What could the staff have done to effect good roster management in the last few days, in your eyes?
Not going to bother with you anymore on this.

I could give a real answer but I don’t need the head ache responses.
In your mind everything is awesome around the program.

giphy.gif

I actually think it may be awful roster management in the long run because now we are stuck with Buddy as a defensive liability at the 2 when he should be less of a liability at the 3. Hes gonna play 35+ no matter what and I'd sort of rather it come at the 3. That is assuming Eli leaves. But the extra year stuff might force Hughes out the door why would he want to enter the draft next year when there are 2x as many seniors as usual? I also love Buddy and don't think hes that bad on defense but hes obviously not a stud stopper and Brycen sort of is.

If Eli leaves and Brycen stays JB would have been forced to push Buddy to the 3 and play Brycen at the 2. That would have been our best defensive lineup. Sucks it won't happen.

But we gotta see what chips fall maybe Eli stays, maybe we get a stud transfer like Towns to play the 3, maybe Woody or Kadary show up better than Brycen in which case its fine, and maybe we pick up someone late.

Not going to bother with you anymore on this.

I could give a real answer but I don’t need the head ache responses.
In your mind everything is awesome around the program.

I mean, all you do is complain. And you constantly rip JB for everything.

Bad roster management? I predicted two months ago you were going to say this.

I asked you a simple question. What should the staff have done? You have all the answers, yet you never produce any when pressed.

I mean, all you do is complain. And you constantly rip JB for everything.

Bad roster management? I predicted two months ago you were going to say this.

I asked you a simple question. What should the staff have done? You have all the answers, yet you never produce any when pressed.
Read his words. Don’t play joe and jackson 40 minutes a game. Figure out how to rotate in the bench players for meaningful game time, while still getting us to a disappointing season.

I think Guerrier is going to be really good. I love that we have 2 seniors in Marek and Sidibe down low, as I think both will continue to get better. Think Buddy and Joe will be really good.

I like this Richmond kid a lot. Think Jesse Edward will take a step forward and become a solid contributor. I like having a stronger JBA out there.

I think we'll add a couple of transfers that can help us as well.

We'll have plenty of experience out there next season, as opposed to having a team that lost 4 starters. Think the D will be a lot better.

We shouldn't lose a game with your outlook. Does anybody have a flaw on our roster?

Read his words. Don’t play joe and jackson 40 minutes a game. Figure out how to rotate in the bench players for meaningful game time, while still getting us to a disappointing season.
It’s pointless.
Everything is awesome. We are just churning along.
I swear when we were going 30-1 I was the guy telling people to stop complaining.

We have lost atleast 13 games in 6 years in a row and it’s just people are complainers.
Our issues don’t change. Why would people stop talking about them.

We shouldn't lose a game with your outlook. Does anybody have a flaw on our roster?
Joe is miles ahead of what we have on the roster, yet he won’t play much his senior season, supplanted by the Saugerties miracle. WTH are we doing?

But he just said if we land 3 players by the start of next season, it‘s good roster management. Said it’s about talent. HoWash and Goodine didn’t look too good. If we replace them with better players, that’s good, right?

Plenty of flaws, obviously. Young team that lost 4 staters. Defense was awful and we didn‘t shoot all that well. Not unhappy winning 18 games, though.

It’s pointless.
Everything is awesome. We are just churning along.
I swear when we were going 30-1 I was the guy telling people to stop complaining.

We have lost atleast 13 games in 6 years in a row and it’s just people are complainers.
Our issues don’t change. Why would people stop talking about them.

Who said everything is awesome? Go follow Kansas if you expect 30-1 every year.

Weren‘t you the guy that said you’d be happy with 17 wins and anything else is gravy this year? You just wanted to see a better offense? You’re still complaining.

Who said everything is awesome? Go follow Kansas if you expect 30-1 every year.

Weren‘t you the guy that said you’d be happy with 17 wins and anything else is gravy this year? You just wanted to see a better offense? You’re still complaining.
giphy.gif

Please stop.

giphy.gif

Please stop.

Please stop what? Adding in your funny little gifs isn’t helping you. You have a tendency to post a bunch of nonsense, get called on it, and walk away. I’m posting things that you have said here.

Please stop what? Adding in your funny little gifs isn’t helping you. You have a tendency to post a bunch of nonsense, get called on it, and walk away. I’m posting things that you have said here.
Lol. I walk away.
That is hilarious. You are awesome.

Hey orange79 I don’t post when I get called out. How about that observation.

Lol. I walk away.
That is hilarious. You are awesome.

Hey orange79 I don’t post when I get called out. How about that observation.

Correct. Lemme know it you want me to dig up your posts I referenced above.

Correct. Lemme know it you want me to dig up your posts I referenced above.
Do whatever you want. I don’t care if I get stuff wrong I get plenty wrong. I don’t run away. I get more annoyed having to deal with stupidity.
I am just not you which is fine by me.

How about you both (all) just rationally debate the actual points instead of getting pissy with personal insults and D-measuring contests. Why can’t people express counter/opposite opinions without being douchebags...

Eleanor Roosevelt:
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom