Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

Wait, am I reading into something with the last part of that - "you can't blame kids for realizing another fit could be better.." Is that foreshadowing?

Not if you read it in context of the rest of the post.

Are we really going to worry about tampering? Really?
Nah, just a question because he transferred so quickly. You have to wonder when the interaction occurred. If Goodine wanted to transfer, then he was gone. From his posting on Twitter, his reasons were clearly listed.

Who is Benjamin Burrows?

Nevermind. Some guy who said he “loved Taurean Thompson’s game” and thought he was NBA bound.

Yeah - I don’t care if he thinks BG was our guard with the highest ceiling. He ain’t nobody.

Nevermind. Some guy who said he “loved Taurean Thompson’s game” and thought he was NBA bound.

Yeah - I don’t care if he thinks BG was our guard with the highest ceiling. He ain’t nobody.

lol. Ben burrows is a writer for Syracuse.com who posts here at times, usually on the b-ball recruiting board. You’ve even given him likes. BurrowsSMG.

lol. Ben burrows is a writer for Syracuse.com who posts here at times, usually on the b-ball recruiting board. You’ve even given him likes. BurrowsSMG.

Lol. That’s fine. So he watches the games and sees them through the same eyes as us? Not a scout or some college coach or something. He’s just another Cuse fan with an opinion.

Maybe that says more about the guys on the bench than it does about the coach changing.
Who recruited the guys on the bench? Why were they recruited, if they didn't have the ability to spell players that wouldn't be good enough to start on our teams in the past. Nobody is saying they should have taken the place of the starters, just that there were more minutes to be shared.

Seems to me that with this new exemption with transfers, that this level of attrition is the new normal.

We've got out-and-out free agency now. So, instead of complaining about it, we need the coaches to recognize the change and get into the fray to restock.

You can only Tamper when the foundation has cracks.

Not true at all. There are kids at every single program that are not happy with their playing time and there will be 800 kids in the transfer portal. There are staffs all over reaching out to kids they want to poach, and some before the kid announces he's leaving.

Who recruited the guys on the bench? Why were they recruited, if they didn't have the ability to spell players that wouldn't be good enough to start on our teams in the past. Nobody is saying they should have taken the place of the starters, just that there were more minutes to be shared.

Just because a kid doesn't pan out in his freshman season, doesn't mean the kid can't play or is a bad recruit, or there was a bad evaluation. Goodine, Carey and Washington were all 4 year players, all of which had to deal with injuries at some point. It takes time for freshmen to adjust to college basketball, especially at the highest level.

I thought he was the best recruit we had landed last year. I fully expected him to start by mid year. Regardless of why he didnt play more JBs approach with him failed. His upside is significant. This is a big loss.
I'm 100% with you KSCU. He tweeted me yesterday thanking me for being his biggest fan. He said he hopes to prove all of those who said he sucked wrong. I told him there were only a handful, and they clearly are uneducated on the game of basketball. Kid has skill, and it even showed in the very, very limited time he had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom