Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

A lot of kids can jump and dunk. Is he working on his perimeter game and the mid to long range shot?
tenor.gif

A lot of kids can jump and dunk. Is he working on his perimeter game and the mid to long range shot?
He was actually a good shooter coming out of highschool. Not like he was some bum and his shot was broken. Not even like he had that many opportunities lol. But yea I'm sure he has worked on all aspects of his game, most of these kids do that ya know. But the dunk was still impressive and showed off his athletic ability. Felt it worth a share. I liked brycen and wish him the best. Maybe he has only worked on just this dunk ever since he left cuse and during all this down time. Probably hasnt shot a single 3 pointer or midrange jumper at all. Probably doesnt even know his weaknesses that he needs to address and work on.

He was actually a good shooter coming out of highschool. Not like he was some bum and his shot was broken. Not even like he had that many opportunities lol. But yea I'm sure he has worked on all aspects of his game, most of these kids do that ya know. But the dunk was still impressive and showed off his athletic ability. Felt it worth a share. I liked brycen and wish him the best. Maybe he has only worked on just this dunk ever since he left cuse and during all this down time. Probably hasnt shot a single 3 pointer or midrange jumper at all. Probably doesnt even know his weaknesses that he needs to address and work on.

He's going to do well. Kid has a lot of talent and was one of my favorite 'Cuse recruits (early camp kid IIFC). He had a smooth stroke, good handle and was a very good defender in the zone. Wish he had waited it out a little longer and developed some confidence. Cooley is a good coach and has a nice recruiting class this year. Go gettum Brycen ...

Last edited:
He's going to do well. Kid has a lot of talent and was one of my favorite 'Cuse recruits (early camp kid IIFC). He had a smooth stroke, good handle and was a very good defender in the zone. Wish he had waited it out a little longer and developed some confidence. But Cooley is a good coach and has a nice recruiting class this year. Go gettum Brycen ...
I think you’re right. He could be successful soon and in the right context. To me, it was bad timing. He was behind a few guys in the rotation. Buddy proved his worth as a shot maker. He even improved that mid range and using a first step to get into the lane as people couldn’t give him an inch from behind the three point line. I wonder how many people remember how many shots around the foul line he hit when he wasn’t given room from deep and got into the lane.
Then, you have Joe coming in and there was that point early in the season where it was clear Girard had more value being on the floor than Carey. I feel bad for Carey. He never got over his form of the yips. The timing just wasn’t there for Brycen. Perhaps he could have had a few more chances, but I think JB did the right thing, playing his best guys, giving the team the chance to win.
If Brycen gets his chance, it’s just a matter of time for him to be a decent player. I will be rooting for him.

Brycen will be one that we look back on in a few years and wish hadn't gotten away.
It's possible it all depends on how good Joe and Richmond are and also what guards we land in recruiting. He's very talented may never have developed here.

Brycen will be one that we look back on in a few years and wish hadn't gotten away.

A few years? I’m looking back on it now and wishing he hadn’t gotten away.

Im happy for players being more empowered now to go find playing time elsewhere, but it does suck that any 4 star recruit who doesn’t get 20 mpg right away seems to have a 70% chance of bolting.

actually that wasnt even a dunk, he got stuffed by the rim but it went in cause he pulled it down. very paul harris

actually that wasnt even a dunk, he got stuffed by the rim but it went in cause he pulled it down. very paul harris
That was a dunk. It may not have been clean, but it was certainly a dunk. My goodness, he took off one step inside the free throw line and you're gonna criticize it? I hope you've won a dunk contest.

That was a dunk. It may not have been clean, but it was certainly a dunk. My goodness, he took off one step inside the free throw line and you're gonna criticize it? I hope you've won a dunk contest.

if you’re going to post a slow mo dunk for the world to see .. having as many chances at it as you like ..it better not involve the ball hitting the front rim and being pushed in after the fact .. once again... not a dunk .. oh it was an impressive leap and cradle .. but it’s not a dunk

I think you’re right. He could be successful soon and in the right context. To me, it was bad timing. He was behind a few guys in the rotation. Buddy proved his worth as a shot maker. He even improved that mid range and using a first step to get into the lane as people couldn’t give him an inch from behind the three point line. I wonder how many people remember how many shots around the foul line he hit when he wasn’t given room from deep and got into the lane.
Then, you have Joe coming in and there was that point early in the season where it was clear Girard had more value being on the floor than Carey. I feel bad for Carey. He never got over his form of the yips. The timing just wasn’t there for Brycen. Perhaps he could have had a few more chances, but I think JB did the right thing, playing his best guys, giving the team the chance to win.
If Brycen gets his chance, it’s just a matter of time for him to be a decent player. I will be rooting for him.
Agreed. The staff didn’t want him to leave and thought he was developing well. He had some good games, spectacular athletic moments attacking the rim, and times when he knocked down a couple of 3s where you could see how good of a player he was going to eventually be. I think his family must have seen the logjam developing, though, with Buddy and Girard locked down at the guard positions and with the buzz about Kadary and his huge potential as a basket attacking third guard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom