Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

Interesting to see how Kadary does this year. I think even if BG stayed Kadary would be the 3rd guard

Cooley likes to play a decent amount of guys, hoping Brycen can get a steady role and really contribute. Even though he would technically be the 4th guard, the 3 other guards ahead of him will probably be in the starting line up (Bynum, Duke, Reeves).

I really liked Brycen, coming into the 2019 season but never really looked like himself at SU, probably due to constantly looking over his shoulder to see if JB would yank him after any mistake.

Interesting to see how Kadary does this year. I think even if BG stayed Kadary would be the 3rd guard
Very few frosh come in and immediately set the world on fire. Unless Kadary is one of those types, or he has the benefit of endless rope, a la’ JGIII, it’s likely he’ll need some time to work out the kinks. BG could’ve been the combo guard to fill-in-the-blank while Kadary settles in and hones his game.
How about a 4-guard rotation of Buddy, JGIII, Kadary, and BG? That would’ve been a versatile Swiss Army knife of possibilities in the backcourt. Instead we’re one injury, and/or adjustment period away from our limited backcourt facing more problems.
I’m a fan of a deep bench- the longer, the better. It’s never made sense to me why JB chooses to run his starters into the ground, even when he has talent available. JMHO

Cooley likes to play a decent amount of guys, hoping Brycen can get a steady role and really contribute. Even though he would technically be the 4th guard, the 3 other guards ahead of him will probably be in the starting line up (Bynum, Duke, Reeves).

I really liked Brycen, coming into the 2019 season but never really looked like himself at SU, probably due to constantly looking over his shoulder to see if JB would yank him after any mistake.

Brycen could not shoot at a high level, had nothing to do with anything else.

So shooting really is the only important thing in SU hoops. Great to know.

Oh, I really want to go so much further with this one. Discretion.....

You can become a better shooter but you can’t become longer, faster and a better defender. He would have been a good player for us. He should have played more. The guys playing in front of him should have not been playing 40+ mins
He left, no one made him leave ergo could not become a better shooter.

Oh, I really want to go so much further with this one. Discretion...
I did not say that, but it is important. He did not want to stay around to develope his game, that was up to him.

This kid is going to be a player.
The fact he couldn’t get a chance to show that here sucks.

It wasn’t he didn’t get playing time last year it’s that he could read the situation and see he wasn’t going to get to PT in the future.
Players will typically wait 1 year but if they know they aren’t going to play by year 2 they are gone. Goodine knew he wasn’t getting rotation minutes here this year.

Oh, I really want to go so much further with this one. Discretion...

I did not say he was without any talent, but you overestimate his abilities as a frosh. I think if he had stayed and developed his game, he would have been a good player. Bottom line he was impatient and thought he deserved more, good luck to him.

I did not say he was without any talent, but you overestimate his abilities as a frosh. I think if he had stayed and developed his game, he would have been a good player. Bottom line he was impatient and thought he deserved more, good luck to him.
He did deserve more.

This kid is going to be a player.
The fact he couldn’t get a chance to show that here sucks.

It wasn’t he didn’t get playing time last year it’s that he could read the situation and see he wasn’t going to get to PT in the future.
Players will typically wait 1 year but if they know they aren’t going to play by year 2 they are gone. Goodine knew he wasn’t getting rotation minutes here this year.
I never saw the abilities some on here saw that would have had him play before others. He may become a great player at Providence or not, but I will take our current roster over anyone at Providence including Goodine.

And yet - after he got injured and couldn't compete in the HS dunk competition at the NCAA's, he switched to the 3pt competition, and acquitted himself well.

For whatever reason, he could not shoot well in games.
Unlike a player like MCW, Brycen actually has some decent shooting skills.
But, like many frosh, he struggled with that in games.

Here are some other Frosh who struggled shooting:
Cooney - 27%
D-Nic - 23%
Southy - 29%
Scoop - 27%

Cooney & Scoop went on to be pretty solid (mid-upper 30's %) from 3.
Dirty South and D-Nic ended up being LETHAL from 3 as upper classmen.

Last edited:
After Richmond decides to transfer after this season as well due to Buddy and joe averaging nearly 39.7 minutes per game, I’m sure you’ll be saying the same thing. Hall of Fame!
I have yet to see Kadary play a minute of college ball, so unlike you I have no idea of how he will do. I do hope he has some patience if his game is not quite ready, but that is all conjecture which is your forte not mine.

After Richmond decides to transfer after this season as well due to Buddy and joe averaging nearly 39.7 minutes per game, I’m sure you’ll be saying the same thing. Hall of Fame!
I love JB- great coach & the best thing to ever happen to Syracuse AD.
I just hate & disagree w/ his philosophy on bench development & usage. Periodt

I have yet to see Kadary play a minute of college ball, so unlike you I have no idea of how he will do. I do hope he has some patience if his game is not quite ready, but that is all conjecture which is your forte not mine.
It was a hypothetical

He left, no one made him leave ergo could not become a better shooter.
Is this conjecture as well? Feels like conjecture with absolutely no basis in fact, unlike my conjecture which is based on an established pattern.

If Kadary is treated like Brycen minutes wise yet is even more talented you can expect a lot of us will be finding something else to watch. If Joe and Buddy play 39 a game each this team doesn't reach it's potential and frustrates everyone again.

I'm holding out optimism because I could use some amidst the forced cynicism of 2020.

And yet - after he got injured and couldn't compete in the HS dunk competition at the NCAA's, he switched to the 3pt competition, and acquitted himself well.

For whatever reason, he could not shoot well in games.
Unlike a player like MCW, Brycen actually has some decent shooting skills.
But, like many frosh, he struggled with that in games.

Here are some other Frosh who struggled shooting:
Cooney - 27%
D-Nic - 23%
Southy - 29%
Scoop - 27%

Cooney & Scoop went on to be pretty solid (mid-upper 30's %) from 3.
Dirty South and D-Nic ended up being LETHAL from 3 as upper classmen.
None of those players got major minutes as Frosh, but they did not leave. Goodine made a choice, his to make and good luck to him. I am not shedding any tears however.

Is this conjecture as well? Feels like conjecture with absolutely no basis in fact, unlike my conjecture which is based on an established pattern.
You appear to struggle with facts, he left of his own accord therefore he did not stay to improve his shooting. Fact not conjecture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom