Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

I'm disappointed, but you can’t blame him. Why should he wait around if both starters the next two years are going to play 40 minutes and then Dior comes in. He has no chance to get regular minutes. He basically is getting run off. When the staff is talking about brining in two grad transfers and you already lack room for your two recruits, it’s not easy to figure out he was asked to leave.

I'm disappointed, but you can’t blame him. Why should he wait around if both starters the next two years are going to play 40 minutes and then Dior comes in. He has no chance to get regular minutes. He basically is getting run off. When the staff is talking about brining in two grad transfers and you already lack room for your two recruits, it’s not easy to figure out he was asked to leave.
I think most of us thought Carey, Washington and Braswell were all more likely to leave than Goodine

I applaud Brycen for not being a disruptive force. He seemingly worked hard and improved as the year progressed. He may have been (and still might be) a real baller by his junior year. I wish he stayed, continued to work hard, develop and trust the process. There is always room for great players. However, each person is responsible for architecting their own life and that is what he is doing.

Good job sending Goodine off JB by not playing him. Good job beating the likes off Colgate, Cornell, Seattle University, Northeastern, etc. for 44 years. I’m angry. And have every right to be.

I agree with Bees that Brycen has a lot of talent. I hope he stays. Wish JB was more willing to run a normal rotation and give the backups a little regular playing time. A veteran coach should know how to manage playing time. Love JB but we have lost too many players with short sided foolish substitution patterns (or lack thereof).
This is 100000% the issue

I think people are fooling themselves if they think playing this kid 10 minutes a game would have got him to stay. He sees what is in front of him. He was never going to be a starter here. Play him 15 minutes. He still leaves.

I think people are fooling themselves if they think playing this kid 10 minutes a game would have got him to stay. He sees what is in front of him. He was never going to be a starter here. Play him 15 minutes. He still leaves.
Yep. Joe, Kadary and Dior (and whoever else comes with).

I didn't personally see enough to think his development would significantly improve our team. So I'm fine with this. As a senior he would be a nice player. Is he a high end guy, like Devo, not really.
Have to agree. The kid had potential and was an above-average defender in the zone. Unfortunately his offensive development curve was flatter than his expectations.

No insult to the kid, but I agree with this.

Trouble is, Providence is 19-12 this year. The way Syracuse has trended the last half decade, it shouldn't be surprising the roster is full of Providence type players.

Sadly, I'm not sure Buddy could get any minutes at all on Providence. When you factor in defense, and their guards, it's not really all that debatable.

Eh, if he plays a bit more, it may seem like a competition moving forward.

I'm sure when we're up 20+ against UNC, it's late in the game, and you're still not coming in (I think even after UNC has already emptied it's entire bench) - you just hammered home the point about PT.

Hopefully he practices better at whatever school he goes to next! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom