Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

We played Flynn, Devendorf and Rautins all at least 29 mpg in 2009.
So maybe it’s not JB but BG.

The main guards are starting to line up for the next three years- Buddy/JG3/Kadary/Dior..

The three of them combined to average 100 minutes a game. What does that tell you.

Rautins played the back line a ton that year. I watched the 6 OT game today and he played most of his minutes there. I think we could do the same with Buddy.

LOL. This is hilarious. Kids transfer all the time but I think he’s going to be legit when he’s a bit more experienced and we will regret this one.

Not good news no matter spin it. We don't have talent to begin with. This kid will be a good one. This is what happens when you don't play and develop your bench. Its like who ever started over him had more upside than he does. Just give the keys to red and let's move on

Is this real life
It’s real life when Buddy gets more playing time than he deserves causing the teams chances, as well as himself, of making March Madness slim and winning another title even slimmer. Look at the results in front of you.

Rautins played the back line a ton that year. I watched the 6 OT game today and he played most of his minutes there. I think we could do the same with Buddy.
Right. It's possible if we don't get a transfer that Buddy moves down but with Eli it was never going to happen.

Right. It's possible if we don't get a transfer that Buddy moves down but with Eli it was never going to happen.
This move to me tells me either:

1. We are getting Towns or another 3 who will play significant minutes

or

2. Buddy was never ever gonna play the 3 no matter what the roster looks like

This is such BS. JB literally ran this kid off by insisting on playing his “6 players-40 minutes-& a cloud of dust” coaching philosophy.
It’s absolutely ridiculous that the defensively-challenged duo of JG3 and Buddy played entire games, come hell or high water. Why wasn’t this kid afforded the same opportunities to make mistakes, learn, adapt, and grow like the 2 “must-play no matter what” kids did?
Mark my words; we will live to regret BG doing good things for another team, just like w/ BJ Johnson.
I think JB royally screwed the pooch on this one. It’s borderline criminal, and no, i don’t buy that, “He wasn’t ready” canard, that some are throwing out. The kid NEVER got an actual chance, not like the one given to the chosen ones...or two, as the case may be.
Best of luck to you, BG. You deserved better than the raw deal you were given by Jim Boeheim.

If Joe and Buddy are playing as minutes next year as this year we will be at best a bubble team again next year.
Goodine leaving is smart for himself but not a good thing for the program.
People keep hammering the Dior thing. Unless we are getting that type of talent each cycle we need Goodine types in the program for 4 years. Not run them off because they are never going to be used.

It’s real life when Buddy gets more playing time than he deserves causing the teams chances, as well as himself, of making March Madness slim and winning another title even slimmer. Look at the results in front of you.
Yeah I’m sure Jimmy B has alternative motives than everyone else in the program and every fan

I think people are fooling themselves if they think playing this kid 10 minutes a game would have got him to stay. He sees what is in front of him. He was never going to be a starter here. Play him 15 minutes. He still leaves.
Exactly!! There was no way Brycen was going to be a starter and that's what he wants and why he's transferring.

This move to me tells me either:

1. We are getting Towns or another 3 who will play significant minutes

or

2. Buddy was never ever gonna play the 3 no matter what the roster looks like

Hope it's 1.

This is 100000% the issue
Besides BJ, I can't think of anyone who became quite good leaving SU recently over playing time. I do think a better allocation of minutes would benefit the team, but can't remember a long list of folks we wished had stayed.

There are 0 reasons why Buddy and Joe are playing 40 minutes a game. Cmon man. These guys aren’t all stars who take over the game alone. They do not deserve the minutes they play. JB ran 3 players tot he ground this year...and the year before...and the year before...

Why would someone want to come in as a guard knowing he may transfer after a year? Goodine was supposed to be good for us...he’s gone.. oh wait, we have Carey. He’s gone next.

it’s not right. Buddy DOES NOT deserve 40 min a game.

Exactly!! There was no way Brycen was going to be a starter and that's what he wants and why he's transferring.
Dion Waiters didn't start 1 game in the 71 career games he played at Syracuse.
I don't think Goodine was Waiters level good but the kid showed promise.

JB is so inconsistent how treats players. He stresses defense for some, he stresses offense for others.
Goodine could have played some games 30 MPG and other 5 MPG depending on he plays. However our HC thinks one way and that hurts us with these type of kids.
Joe Girard and Buddy Boeheim played too much this year. If we are losing Goodine and Carey how do we expect next to be any different?

There are 0 reasons why Buddy and Joe are playing 40 minutes a game. Cmon man. These guys aren’t all stars who take over the game alone. They do not deserve the minutes they play. JB ran 3 players tot he ground this year...and the year before...and the year before...

Why would someone want to come in as a guard knowing he may transfer after a year? Goodine was supposed to be good for us...he’s gone.. oh wait, we have Carey. He’s gone next.

it’s not right. Buddy DOES NOT deserve 40 min a game.
Nobody is saying Buddy should be a 40 minute player. But Brycen was not going to be happy playing 10-15.
He wants starter time.

This is such BS. JB literally ran this kid off by insisting on playing his “6 players-40 minutes-& a cloud of dust” coaching philosophy.
It’s absolutely ridiculous that the defensively-challenged duo of JG3 and Buddy played entire games, come hell or high water. Why wasn’t this kid afforded the same opportunities to make mistakes, learn, adapt, and grow like the 2 “must-play no matter what” kids did?
Mark my words; we will live to regret BG doing good things for another team, just like w/ BJ Johnson.
I think JB royally screwed the pooch on this one. It’s borderline criminal, and no, i don’t buy that, “He wasn’t ready” canard, that some are throwing out. The kid NEVER got an actual chance, not like the one given to the chosen ones...or two, as the case may be.
Best of luck to you, BG. You deserved better than the raw deal you were given by Jim Boeheim.

Totally agree!! Why stay and play for this program when you know you can be treated better elsewhere and given an opportunity to succeed elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom