BTN Penn State Piece | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

BTN Penn State Piece

Preview.jpg

After hearing the audio recording of Mrs. Fine, I'm surprised by all these hateful posts Syracuse fans have posted towards Penn State.

LOL

You know absolutely nothing about the Fine scandal.

In the end - the punishment needed to be enough to shake the denial from that community. I don't know if it has or not - but based on the guest posters around here? Still delusional.

Denial?

There's no denying that Jerry Sandusky is a sick man who did terrible things and will now spend the rest of his life in jail.

The "community" of which you speak is very knowledgeable about ALL the facts involved in this case. The general public seems to have difficulty separating facts from unproved accusations. Most Penn Staters only want the entire truth to be found; to date that has not happened.

And you know nothing about the Sandusky scandal.

I know there was an institution wide coverup to protect your precious football culture at the expense of god knows how many innocent children.

Given you are no doubt one of the Happy Valley cultists that worship the ground JoPa walked on I eagerly await your unbiased take.

Just an FYI.

PSU has a DE on the squad who has an older brother who played some QB for Syracuse last season.

Carl Nassib has reportedly worked his way up the depth chart to third team and will probably see some action on Saturday.

He's kind of came out of nowhere this year and many PSU fans (myself included) didn't even know he was on the team.

...but only if that truth means the exoneration of Paterno and the rest of the PSU leadership.

Frankly I think most Penn Staters want their football team back on an even playing field. Get rid of the stupid scholarship and bowl game sanctions.

The rest of the sanctions will be dealt (successfully or not) with by the ongoing lawsuits.

Denial?

There's no denying that Jerry Sandusky is a sick man who did terrible things and will now spend the rest of his life in jail.

The "community" of which you speak is very knowledgeable about ALL the facts involved in this case. The general public seems to have difficulty separating facts from unproved accusations. Most Penn Staters only want the entire truth to be found; to date that has not happened.

As was Paterno, and the other admins. THATs the point which seems to be lost on PSU fans.

Frankly I think most Penn Staters want their football team back on an even playing field. Get rid of the stupid scholarship and bowl game sanctions.

The rest of the sanctions will be dealt (successfully or not) with by the ongoing lawsuits.

PSU deserves several years of punishment before they are allowed on an "even playing field." Frankly, we shouldn't even be playing you guys. We should have canceled the matchup.

I know there was an institution wide coverup to protect your precious football culture at the expense of god knows how many innocent children.

Given you are no doubt one of the Happy Valley cultists that worship the ground JoPa walked on I eagerly await your unbiased take.

You can start with this...

http://notpsu.blogspot.com/

and continue reading back through the past blogs It's very accurate (unlike the media narratives) and very informative.

After you've completed that, you can educate yourself further by reading this...

http://www.johnziegler.com/

And then, if you still aren't convinced, read this...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/124763259/Sollers-Final-Report-2-9-2013

Now, knowing what I do about dealing with fans from other programs, I'm convinced you'll not take the time needed to actually read anything. It's easier to be ignorant and hate, especially when it's a rival who has beaten-up on your football program for decades. But if you do, you'll be surprised - and in your case disappointed - that the school which has been called Ped U by the people on this forum is nothing of the sort.

PSU deserves several years of punishment before they are allowed on an "even playing field." Frankly, we shouldn't even be playing you guys. We should have canceled the matchup.

PSU might deserve punishment. In fact, those that deserve punishment the most may not even be identified yet (stay tuned for that). But not the football program since anything that happened was completely irrelevant to football or athletics, as much as the media and message boards like to say otherwise.

And you know nothing about the Sandusky scandal.

I know this. McQ comes to Paterno and says, "I saw Jerry naked alone in the showers with a kid." Anything short of immediately calling your superiors and the police is a criminal activity. You don't need to know anything more than that.

But not the football program since anything that happened was completely irrelevant to football or athletics, as much as the media and message boards like to say otherwise.

It WAS the football program. It was Paterno. It was covered up. You are a fan. I'm sure you're a swell guy. But you don't want to see the truth.

You can start with this...

http://notpsu.blogspot.com/

and continue reading back through the past blogs It's very accurate (unlike the media narratives) and very informative.

After you've completed that, you can educate yourself further by reading this...

http://www.johnziegler.com/

And then, if you still aren't convinced, read this...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/124763259/Sollers-Final-Report-2-9-2013

Now, knowing what I do about dealing with fans from other programs, I'm convinced you'll not take the time needed to actually read anything. It's easier to be ignorant and hate, especially when it's a rival who has beaten-up on your football program for decades. But if you do, you'll be surprised - and in your case disappointed - that the school which has been called Ped U by the people on this forum is nothing of the sort.

1. I'll listen to reasonable arguments from other fans, but I'm not going to read through all that garbage. I have better things to do with my life and if you're too lazy to come up with a rebuttal then that's a shame.

2. Ped State has played us all of two times since I was in middle school. To chalk up my hate for Ped State as some kind of rivalry BS is so lacking in perspective it really does drive home the notion that Ped State fans a all a bunch of brainwashed JoPa cultists.

It WAS the football program. It was Paterno. It was covered up. You are a fan. I'm sure you're a swell guy. But you don't want to see the truth.

"It was Paterno"

If the almighty Paterno was at the center of this cover up, why would he tell anyone about what McQueary said? About a FORMER employee that it's been well documented that he didn't like to begin with?

And remember, McQueary called his dad from the locker room while this was going on...and his dad simply said "come home and we'll talk about it."

"It was Paterno"

If the almighty Paterno was at the center of this cover up, why would he tell anyone about what McQueary said? About a FORMER employee that it's been well documented that he didn't like to begin with?

And remember, McQueary called his dad from the locker room while this was going on...and his dad simply said "come home and we'll talk about it."

Paterno and the admins decided how to "handle" it. There is only one way to handle it. And they chose not to.

And I'm sure McQ and his dad were worried about how this would affect his career. He was irresponsible.

Paterno and the admins decided how to "handle" it. There is only one way to handle it. And they chose not to.

And like I said, if Paterno wanted it covered up, why did he tell anyone about it?

1. I'll listen to reasonable arguments from other fans, but I'm not going to read through all that garbage. I have better things to do with my life and if you're too lazy to come up with a rebuttal then that's a shame.

2. Ped State has played us all of two times since I was in middle school. To chalk up my hate for Ped State as some kind of rivalry BS is so lacking in perspective it really does drive home the notion that Ped State fans a all a bunch of brainwashed JoPa cultists.

Of course you won't read it. It's much easier to watch TV and see a sensationalized version of what drives ratings and then regurgitate what you just saw. Ignorance is, as they say and what you seem to prefer, bliss. Have you ever heard of the Dreyfus Affair? The McMartin Pre-school Trial? Sometimes true justice takes years. Penn Staters realize this and will stand-by their school, team and beliefs for as long as it takes. When the truth is finally revealed, will you be around to admit you're wrong? Of course not.

And like I said, if Paterno wanted it covered up, why did he tell anyone about it?
Because Paterno was bigger than they were. And he was going to handle it his way, on his terms.

Shhhh! Stop trying to make any sane and logical counter-point to their argument; you may get banned!

Of course you won't read it. It's much easier to watch TV and see a sensationalized version of what drives ratings and then regurgitate what you just saw. Ignorance is, as they say and what you seem to prefer, bliss. Have you ever heard of the Dreyfus Affair? The McMartin Pre-school Trial? Sometimes true justice takes years. Penn Staters realize this and will stand-by their school, team and beliefs for as long as it takes. When the truth is finally revealed, will you be around to admit you're wrong? Of course not.

Holy crap. I was wrong. They SHOULD have shut you guys down. You can't even admit there was a problem.

I agree with that, and I am definitely of the opinion that depth will not be as big a factor in this game as most here think. If we win, it's because we are the better team.

That said, I am appalled that the sanctions against PSU have not had a greater effect. I was never in the camp that felt the NCAA needed to shut PSU's football program down. But I was DAMNED CLOSE to that. I think they didn't go far enough. IMHO, PSU should have been banned from TV appearances too. Let them have to tell EVERY RECRUIT. Sure you can come here, but you won't be on TV for 2 years (or 4 years). The sanctions should have HURT. And here we are barely into the first full year of sanctions, and it hasn't hurt. Yes, they have fewer scholarships, but they've still recruited top players. Yes, some kids have transferred, but not as many as I would have expected. They are still on TV. The announcers are falling over themselves in a group PSU love fest, telling viewers how hard this has been for PSU, and how much adversity they have had to overcome. It's sickening. PSU fans themselves feel as though they've been victimized. I hope PSU loses every game this year, next year, and as long as it takes for people to wake up and admit that what happened there was criminal, and deliberate, and calculated, and MUST never happen again. I wish we weren't playing PSU. (and I used to love annual games against Penn State) I always hated them as a rival, and thought that Paterno was a lying sack of $#!*. But I never disrespected the school itself. We saw last year that the tail was wagging the dog, and the football program was influencing the university to cover up. It turns my stomach. My father was a PSU fan. Today, he would be embarrassed to be one. I want SU to win. But almost more importantly, I want PSU to lose. To be humiliated by every team they play. There, I said it.

Out of curiosity I went over to their S and R boards to read their thoughts on the game. Couldn't find any substantive talk about Syracuse or the game. Instead, they're still obsessed with defending Paterno and complaining about the investigation and BOT. They're stuck in a time warp from last summer.

They absolutely should've been shut down.

Given that the NCAA apparently didn't hand down sufficient punishment, I hope we run it up Saturday, and that PSU gets stomped every game the rest of the season.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom