Bubble Watch - Conf Tourney Saturday (Still Alive) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Conf Tourney Saturday (Still Alive)

Rhode Island looks really dominant in this one right now. They were a team that were looked as a sleeper team before this year and yes, they have struggled. However, they seem to have righted the ship.

I'm a little concerned that if they win this today, they will get a bid.
If it makes anyone feel better I think Rhode Island is in whether they win today or not.

VCU is the team we want to lose today, imo. But *shrug* I guess that's just me.

Bilas preaches the 36 best teams. He thinks we are a better team than Wake, URI and Illinois State. That's his argument

And personally I don't disagree. His argument makes so much sense. But unfortunately we know the committee never thinks like that.

Beating Dayton would've really done something for URI, but beating a Davidson team that BC would probably handle comfortably won't mean much

If it makes anyone feel better I think Rhode Island is in whether they win today or not.

VCU is the team we want to lose today, imo. But *shrug* I guess that's just me.
URI and VCU have somewhat similar resumes. If someone has VCU in today, I think they'd have URI in too - especially where VCU is being seeded at

upload_2017-3-11_14-3-9.png

This game bears watching. I would hate to see Alabama in the SEC final tomorrow.

yep RI could be the difference for us

Yep as long as MTSU wins today and the AAC and SEC don't have bid stealers, it could come down to RI and us. A loss today by RI would be so nice but so far not so good. Need VCU to win today and tomorrow and then we hope we end up with the last slot. I think our case is just as good as Wake but bad feeling the committee will not agree. And USC blows but their overall W-L will probably keep them ahead of us in spite of their crap resume. At the end of the day it will suck if we get left out but it's on us

URI and VCU have somewhat similar resumes. If someone has VCU in today, I think they'd have URI in too - especially where VCU is being seeded at
They're very similar but I honestly think the committee would give Rhode Island the edge today, considering...

(a) Rhode Island has the best win overall between the two teams (vs. Cincinnati on neutral court)
(b) Rhode Island beat VCU in their only matchup

I think if they both win today then they'll both be in. But I think if one misses the Tourney then the odds are better that VCU gets left out than RI.

Yep as long as MTSU wins today and the AAC and SEC don't have bid stealers, it could come down to RI and us. A loss today by RI would be so nice but so far not so good. Need VCU to win today and tomorrow and then we hope we end up with the last slot. I think our case is just as good as Wake but bad feeling the committee will not agree. And USC blows but their overall W-L will probably keep them ahead of us in spite of their crap resume. At the end of the day it will suck if we get left out but it's on us
USC's W/L record is major window dressing. 21 of their 24 wins are vs. teams with RPI of 93 or worse. But they have 2 top 100 road wins and wins vs. #15 and #17. They also have OOC wins vs. SMU, BYU and @Texas A&M.

Don't let 24 wins fool you - they are close to the cut line.

upload_2017-3-11_14-5-3.png

Not preferred, but even if they win the A-10. In a way this reduces the 4 bids fro the A-10 possibility that would have been a disaster.

It's Syracuse against Kansas St / USC / Wake / Providence / VCU. All we need is the committee to think we are better than one. (Assuming no other busters).

Can someone explain to me why Vanderbilt is a lock? In looking they have beaten Florida three times but those would be their best wins.

They're very similar but I honestly think the committee would give Rhode Island the edge today, considering...

(a) Rhode Island has the best win overall between the two teams (vs. Cincinnati on neutral court)
(b) Rhode Island beat VCU in their only matchup

I think if they both win today then they'll both be in. But I think if one misses the Tourney then the odds are better that VCU gets left out than RI.
I agree with A. I don't think the committee considers H2H honestly. URI did play a better OOC and both have the same bad loss (Fordham).

They are definitely closer together than I thought - kinda surprising that VCU is getting a decent seed in most brackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom