Bubble Watch - March 11 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - March 11

st joes was above us in most peoples eyes before the week started. st bon needs to beat vcu to lock up a bid.michigan still only has 4 op 100 rpi wins which is less than 50-50 usually to get in a win over purdue moves them into the field in my view also. Lsu gets put away tomorrow vs kentucky

i think are chances are slightly better at 33% with temple loss tomorrow or tulsa loss tonight or tommorrow increasing it to 40%. Are best shot is uconn winning the tournament. AAC needs to max out at 3 teams in and cincy and uconn are likely 2

A Tulsa loss tonight might increase it from 20 to closer to 30% in my view -- I wasn't counting on it happening, but it seems that it could well happen.

It really increases the possibility for the AAC to be just a 2 bid conference. Now we just need UConn to follow up on what they did and knock out Temple.

st joes was above us in most peoples eyes before the week started. st bon needs to beat vcu to lock up a bid.michigan still only has 4 op 100 rpi wins which is less than 50-50 usually to get in a win over purdue moves them into the field in my view also. Lsu gets put away tomorrow vs kentucky

Lsu is playing A&M

But it is clear at this point that we will be nowhere near 50/50 because of Michigan and UConn today.

Go Orange.
what if Mich loses to Purdue and ucon wins aac tourney?

cuseguy said:
We're projected to host Bucknell in a first round NIT game at the Dome.

By?

I don't think UConn is as much of a killer as people think.

It was a one spot swing downwards. That is big when you are right on the line.

I think the A-10 developments were a clear negative for SU as the top four all advanced (if Bonnies hold on to current lead) and are very likely to all get invited.
based on how you think it should be?

UConn better beat Temple and win the AAC or they really, really screwed us over. I will be utterly disgusted if they lose the AAC final to Memphis or Tulane.

Last edited:

Thanks for the positive take -- I can use it.

The AAC is so great that the UConn/Temple winner is almost certain to be trying to avoid a bad loss in the title game. How sad is that?

F the AAC and most of its teams.

LSU plays Texas A&M tomorrow not Kentucky.

If St. Joe's is in, which I think most people grant, how do you leave the Bonnies out? They finished in first place in the A-10 one game ahead of SJU and beat SJU both home and away.

If it comes down to Michigan and SU I don't like our chances. I've watched too many selection shows over the years where the B1G gets treated quite favorably.

if uconn wins the aac tourney it will help our rpi look better.currently 66

Tulsa getting smoked. See, you guys are getting me wrapped in deluional bubble optimism.

LSU plays Texas A&M tomorrow not Kentucky.

If St. Joe's is in, which I think most people grant, how do you leave the Bonnies out? They finished in first place in the A-10 one game ahead of SJU and beat SJU both home and away.

If it comes down to Michigan and SU I don't like our chances. I've watched too many selection shows over the years where the B1G gets treated quite favorably.
st joes resume is better in my view. better non conference schedule, less bad losses much more road/neutral wins. my mistake on lsu playing a +m not kentucky either way lsu should be done tommorrow

upload_2016-3-11_22-56-36.png

We have a game. There are a few benefits of Bonnie winning, but the lost tonight would be better.

vcu and st bon have nothing out of conference of note

Bonnie's aren't a lock?

Not in my view.

The KP ranking of around 75 certainly will not help them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom