Bubble Watch - March 11 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - March 11

Not sure how many hours maybe $50 bet has been up in another thread, but still no takers from those "certain" we aren't in.

I thought you said we need them to lose tomorrow, in the semis

My bad, I did say tomorrow. I thought the finals were tomorrow. Is there any way different conference tournaments are scheduled vs their "weight" or anything? I haven't followed the NCAA as much as I used to.

Turn over to the Oklahoma game... this is really close buzzer beater.

McNabb2Brominski said:
One key difference is they have won 10 of their last 12 while we have lost 5 of our last 6??

The NCAA also doesn't use last 10 anymore.

RPI

South Carolina - 54
Saint Bonaventure - 25
Syracuse - 71

Sagarin

South Carolina - 47
Saint Bonaventure - 76
Syracuse - 40

KenPom

South Carolina - 51
Saint Bonaventure - 72
Syracuse - 41

BPI

South Carolina - 38
Saint Bonaventure - 70
Syracuse - 39

Average

South Carolina - 47.5
Syracuse - 47.8
Saint Bonaventure - 60.8

BUDDY HIELD!!

ESPN won't show a replay where they freeze the camera when the light goes red......morons.

Also, that kid for OU got fouled sooooooooooo badly on that missed lay-up. He was undercut badly, and that defender was definitely still moving.

RPI

South Carolina - 54
Saint Bonaventure - 25
Syracuse - 71

Sagarin

South Carolina - 47
Saint Bonaventure - 76
Syracuse - 40

KenPom

South Carolina - 51
Saint Bonaventure - 72
Syracuse - 41

BPI

South Carolina - 38
Saint Bonaventure - 70
Syracuse - 39

Average

South Carolina - 47.5
Syracuse - 47.8
Saint Bonaventure - 60.8
That is before today, correct?

jdubs30 said:
What do they use? KenPom, etc?

They use a few models, kenpom, sagarin maybe Massey? Also bpi, sos and record vs top 50, top 100, bad losses (100+), record vs other tourney teams, etc.

yeah I think our rpi moved back into the 60s - I could be wrong tho

I was wondering how it would change with the movement of other teams, and would love that to be the case!

The Bonnies are in trouble. The committee has demonstrated over the last however many years that they will ignore a team's RPI if it is an outlier when compared to the other ratings. See Colorado State last season, which had an RPI of 29 and didn't make it.

They use a few models, kenpom, sagarin maybe Massey? Also bpi, sos and record vs top 50, top 100, bad losses (100+), record vs other tourney teams, etc.
That's hgue for us. Like orangenirvana posted, our RPI seems to be really misleading compared to where we rank according to other metrics.

We are 2 miracle buzzer beaters (Michigan and UConn) to being in a great spot. Go Huskies and Aggies tomorrow.

The Bonnies are in trouble. The committee has demonstrated over the last however many years that they will ignore a team's RPI if it is an outlier when compared to the other ratings. See Colorado State last season, which had an RPI of 29 and didn't make it.
I have a hard time seeing Bonnies in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom