Bubble Watch - Selection Sunday (Sit and Wait) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Selection Sunday (Sit and Wait)

That would be the committee chair's justification if SU gets left out.

The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2016

Last year we were at 38%. But it was a different situation.

On the outside (before selections there was)
Monmouth - 42%
Syracuse - 38%
South Carolina - 33%
Vanderbilt - 32%
Florida and Valpo were also above 10%

So if one team fell out, who knew that Syracuse would come in instead of another team?

This year the bubble is much more defined. Only Syracuse and Illinois St are viable on the outside... and I don't consider Illinois St as viable.

Every bubble team has bad losses. Bad losses. The quality wins will weigh more heavily. Then they'll look at home/away.

Of all the bubble teams throw out the bad losses. Who'd they beat and where.

Every bubble team has bad losses. Bad losses. The quality wins will weigh more heavily. Then they'll look at home/away.

Of all the bubble teams throw out the bad losses. Who'd they beat and where.
That's not true though. A team like Wake is mainly still alive because they have no bad losses.

If they ask a question about us to the committee chair about us being in/out it will be very simple.
  • IF IN - The high caliber of their wins outweighed their poor performance away from home and questionable losses. (RPI will not be mentioned or will be noted as irrelevant)
  • IF OUT - The poor rood performance combined with a number of questionable losses outweighed the high caliber of their home wins. (RPI will not be mentioned or will be noted as irrelevant)

Same answer, but as you said it all comes down to how they weigh things.
BleacherReport has Syracuse 3rd team out. Argh

At my book we don't have odds to win it all anymore. We were up there until a few days ago. They have URI, Wake, other bubble teams up there. Makes me nervous.

That's not true though. A team like Wake is mainly still alive because they have no bad losses.

Wake is your exception on losses however they lost to Syracuse. they also lost to everyone good. Their best win might be at VT. I only see one real quality win and it was on the road.

Inmo wake is in. We are out.

When was the last time SU and UCONN missed the tournament?

Lunardi says it has never happened. How can both disagree about a stat
See, that's why people have different perceptions. There needs to be more cut and dry metrix and criteria.

JLine - you said your book took Syracuse down - here's what my book has:

URI - Yes, -700
Wake - Yes, -400
USC - Yes, -280
Kansas State - Yes, -260
Syracuse - Yes, +130
Illinois State - Yes, +350
Cal - Yes, +700

This program has been in a free-fall since going 25-0 to start the season 4 years ago. We finished that year 3-6, the regular season for the last 3 years 18-13, 19-12, 18-13. That's the worst 3 year period in the 41 years Jim has been head coach. For a program as good as we think Syracuse is, that is not acceptable. Changes need to be made to get back where we belong, the recruiting needs to be improved, along with the coaching.

This program has been in a free-fall since going 25-0 to start the season 4 years ago. We finished that year 3-6, the regular season for the last 3 years 18-13, 19-12, 18-13. That's the worst 3 year period in the 41 years Jim has been head coach. For a program as good as we think Syracuse is, that is not acceptable. Changes need to be made to get back where we belong, the recruiting needs to be improved, along with the coaching.

Have less players leave early while we're in ncaa hell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom