Bubble Watch - Thursday Tourney Week | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Thursday Tourney Week

Vandy is ahead of us, IMO. However, if a team is close to us, we always want them to lose. This would give Vandy 15 losses. I think they'll be in regardless, but it's not bad to have a team directly ahead of us lose to a team like A&M. Who knows - the committee m ight not love Vandy
they loved em last year

Vandy will have 15 losses regardless unless they run the SECT

everything going our way so far... doesnt matter if we have to play in dayton.. big game for us is k state and baylor. tcu wont do anything this week

Vandy will have 15 losses regardless unless they run the SECT
Yes they will - but that 15th loss coming against A&M or Florida is different

Reactions: MGP
Meanwhile, in the all-important Atlantic 10...

Go Bonnies! (vs. Rhode Island Friday at 2:30)

We're also big George Mason fans tomorrow vs. VCU (just as long as Dayton wins the A10 Tourney).

Probably not likely that A10 only gets a single bid but if both Rhode Island and VCU lose tomorrow stranger things have happened. Their resumes are mediocre at best.

We're also big George Mason fans tomorrow vs. VCU (just as long as Dayton wins the A10 Tourney).

Probably not likely that A10 only gets a single bid but if both Rhode Island and VCU lose tomorrow stranger things have happened. Their resumes are mediocre at best.
as blah as their body of work is, I think vcu is safely in - just gotta have them or dayton win that tourney

I'm usually with you man - but yeah I think VCU is in no matter what. We need a Dayton/VCU final. Can't risk anything else.

I know it has no impact on the bubble, but this FSU/VPI game is garbage. I wish we got to play one of these two teams again. It's Seth Allen and Dwayne Backn throwing up some bricks out there.

I know it has no impact on the bubble, but this FSU/VPI game is garbage. I wish we got to play one of these two teams again. It's Seth Allen and Dwayne Backn throwing up some bricks out there.
Yeah even if we beat Miami - we were in the worst part of the bracket for us. Duke, UNC and Ville. Would have much rather been with Tech, ND and FSU.

This locks it in for Vandy, IMO. Losing to Florida won't hurt them. They're in.

I guess. If our win over Georgia Tech meant nothing, I don't get why a win over a&M is worth anything.

I think if Vandy loses to Fla they're right about where Wake is - seemingly in but still doubt - could go either way for them

Bryce Drew comes off very well in interviews. I can see him being a very good recruiter at Vandy.

Butlers pg is freeking awful, how are they ranked. Is the BE that bad?

I think if Vandy loses to Fla they're right about where Wake is - seemingly in but still doubt - could go either way for them
Wake's strength's are matched by Vandy - RPI: 40 (Wake) 45 (Vandy) - SOS: 20 (Wake) 2 (Vandy). The other positive about Wake that people like are they have no bad losses, their worst is us at #84. Vandy has the putrid loss against #250 Missouri - but other than that, their 2nd worst loss is #91 Alabama on the road. So as of now, you probably give Wake the slight edge since of the really bad loss for Vandy.

However, Vandy checks in with 5 top 50 wins, compared to only 3 for Wake. Wake is 8-13 vs. the top 100 while Vandy is 9-13. Vandy swept #5 Florida and has 5 total wins vs. the top 32. Wake has the #3 Ville win, but their next best win is #37 Miami. Vandy has 4 wins better than Wake's 2nd best win.

They were both similar away from home, 6-9 for Vandy and 8-10 for Wake. However Vandy boosts the #1 OOC SOS in the country with including a win over Iowa State.

They are close, but the only thing Wake has over Vandy is the lack of that 1 bad loss. Everything else goes Vandy's way. I can't see 1 situation where Wake gets in over Vandy.

I really think it's debatable that Vandy's resume is better than it's. They have bad losses to. They lost to Bucknell at home, Texas at home, and to MTSU by 23 and played a weaker schedule. The 2 Florida and SC wins are impressive

EDIT: lost to Tennessee at home not Texas. Ok not as bad as I thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom