Bubble Watch - Thursday Tourney Week | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Thursday Tourney Week

everything except top 25 wins favors xavier over us. The win tonight jumped them in my bubble ranking from 2nd to last in to 6th to last in
Idk, they have one win over a team that will be a 4 or 5 seed. Screw the other stuff, they haven't beaten anyone who makes them seem like they deserve a shot.

I hate the idea that you can't have bad losses, that's why these are bubble teams. It should be about who you've beaten.

OK go ahead and tell yourself that VCU won't get an invite.
I'm not telling myself anything. I'm just waiting for someone to provide a good argument for them and no one can.

Provy and usc are both in regardless
USC a lock, you said?

th_b6488ee3.gif

Gottlieb is the most douchey analyst out there. The dude doesn't even try to be objective or hide his bias. Says we didn't even play hard yesterday lol.

Sure Doug, we didn't want to win.

He is still mad that JB didn't offer him when he was in high school. Really despise that arrogant little weasel.

my last 10 in/ first 4 out currently are in order:

VCU
Seton Hall
Marquette
Vanderbilt
Xavier
Providence
Usc
Wake
Syracuse
Rhode Island
---------------
Kansas State
MTSU(at large)
Cal
Indiana

Lunardi says Xavier is now a lock, for what it's worth

USC a lock, you said?

th_b6488ee3.gif

Look I think SU still has a shot (< 50/50 but still a shot) but if you think SU is going to get in and USC won't then in that case please turn out the lights, the party's over.

my last 10 in/ first 4 out currently are in order:

VCU
Seton Hall
Marquette
Vanderbilt
Xavier
Providence
Usc
Wake
Syracuse
Rhode Island
---------------
Kansas State
MTSU(at large)
Cal
Indiana
Not much leeway there, but you've identified the key players. KState losing tonight takes them out. MTSU winning their tourney takes them out. IU/Cal losing tomorrow takes them out. Would be nice to have URI lose as well.

Then just pray for no bid stealers in the AAC or A10

Look I think SU still has a shot (< 50/50 but still a shot) but if you think SU is going to get in and USC won't then in that case please turn out the lights, the party's over.
I ultimately don't think SU is going to get in. At best they will be the last one or two in the field. But I do know that they have a better resume than USC and Illinois State.

tcu has to make the final to be in the conversation for me

I agree. It's a bit of a nightmare thought they only need to beat Iowa St at this point to really muddy things.

SU is in the first four as of this moment. they can move into the first round with other bubble teams losing our be completly out of the field with bubble teams winning. cheer for the teams that are supposed to win. baylor etc

Latest bubble: LAST BYES Providence, Marquette, Xavier, Vandy; LAST IN Southern Cal, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Illinois St; FIRST OUT Rhode Island, Kansas St, Houston, Cal; NEXT OUT Georgia, Indiana, TCU, Illinois.

Latest bubble: LAST BYES Providence, Marquette, Xavier, Vandy; LAST IN Southern Cal, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Illinois St; FIRST OUT Rhode Island, Kansas St, Houston, Cal; NEXT OUT Georgia, Indiana, TCU, Illinois.
Hopefully Lunardi is more accurate this season than he was last year.

I ultimately don't think SU is going to get in. At best they will be the last one or two in the field. But I do know that they have a better resume than USC and Illinois State.

I can see arguments on both sides of the ledger but you're doing a good job of ignoring the abysmal OOC losses and the poor road record. And don't forget the only two road wins were miraculous. If we had done anything OOC or performed a little better on the road then we'd be a lock.

I can see arguments on both sides of the ledger but you're doing a good job of ignoring the abysmal OOC losses and the poor road record. And don't forget the only two road wins were miraculous. If we had done anything OOC or performed a little better on the road then we'd be a lock.
You've said nothing about USC's resume.

I agree. It's a bit of a nightmare thought they only need to beat Iowa St at this point to really muddy things.

I'm worried about Indiana beating Wisconsin as well.

Well if we can take anything from Lunardi - he has 2 teams below us still in the field - both of these teams are done playing. Which means if Lunardi is right, 3 teams below the cut line have to make moves into the field to pass us (assuming no bid steals).

You've said nothing about USC's resume.

13-0 OOC with wins overall against UCLA, SMU and BYU. If they lose tonight then five of their nine losses would be to AZ, ORE and UCLA. They lack the brutal losses that we have. Plus they played without their best player (Boatright) who was injured for 17 of their 32 games. I'm not saying it's a no brainer but objectively I have to give the nod to USC.

i can see us anywhere from 5 th to last in currently to 2nd to last team in despite Palm 's thinking with realistically 3 teams under consideration that are still playing and not in projected field

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom