Bubble Watch - Thursday Tourney Week | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Thursday Tourney Week

In UVA/ND game sideline reporter says Tony Bennett is unhappy with his team's defense so far. Keep in mind more than ten minutes of the half have gone by and his team had nine points. they just can't score.

13-0 OOC with wins overall against UCLA, SMU and BYU. If they lose tonight then five of their nine losses would be to AZ, ORE and UCLA. They lack the brutal losses that we have. Plus they played without their best player (Boatright) who was injured for 17 of their 32 games. I'm not saying it's a no brainer but objectively I have to give the nod to USC.
11 of their wins have come against teams ranked > 200. Two Top 50 wins, both at home. Their best win on the road came against #86 Texas A&M - who Vanderbilt beat by 100 tonight. I don't think the committee cares nearly as much about bad losses as you do based on the evidence over the last few years. Despite their absence of bad losses (although they did lose to #126 Arizona State) they have a Sagarin rating of 56, and KenPom rating of 62, and a BPI of 59. That's not good.

11-4 with Boatright, 13-4 without him. That won't effect the resume.

11 of their wins have come against teams ranked > 200. Two Top 50 wins, both at home. Their best win on the road came against #86 Texas A&M - who Vanderbilt beat by 100 tonight. I don't think the committee cares nearly as much about bad losses as you do based on the evidence over the last few years. Despite their absence of bad losses (although they did lose to #126 Arizona State) they have a Sagarin rating of 56, and KenPom rating of 62, and a BPI of 59. That's not good.

Not having your best player hampers your margin of victory even when you win and that hurts your beloved Sag, KP and BPI rankings.

it's bad enough having our tourney hopes hang on all these other teams but man it's just the worst needing teams like Baylor and Butler to win and they just don't seem to care one way or the other

So the Committee doesn't care about bad losses? You know this how?

I'm worried about Indiana beating Wisconsin as well.
Yeah indiana is well positioned for a run here. Wisconsin has given every other B10 bubble team a W recently so I expect Indiana to win.

indiana will have more work to do even by beating Wisconsin to make the big dance i think they may need to make final

Baylor makes our offense look good. They stink.

Thanks for showing up.

Now Baylor is going to put K State in ahead of us. Baylor stinks. Always over-rated.

Now Baylor is going to put K State in ahead of us. Baylor stinks. Always over-rated.

Baylor is always good for a first or second round flameout. I hope they draw FGCU.

Visualizing the NCAA March Madness bubble

Washington Post.

Of the 216 at-large berths given out since March Madness expanded to 68 teams in 2011, 194 (91.5 percent) were given to teams ranked No. 50 or better in the Rating Percentage Index; conversely, only one team – Syracuse last year – earned an at-large berth while ranked worse than 70th. The other key component is total losses; no team with more than 14 losses has ever received an at-large berth (though that could change this year).

The Cuse not looking good.

Visualizing the NCAA March Madness 2017 bubble

upload_2017-3-9_23-1-58.png

Credit to Xavier and kstate. They came to play in games they really really needed.

We played to the exact tempo of the team we were playing and lost. It's completely on us.

Big 12 is always overrated. Kansas isn't even that good this year, imo.

Our bubble is about to burst if we were actually slotted in that is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom