Bubble Watch - Week of February 18 to 24 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Week of February 18 to 24

13 games tracking Nine are games were we need the favorite to win!
Went 4/4 to start early!
Nova over SH/WVUover T Tch/Duke over Wake-
Miami/Clemson better for bubble worse for cnfrnc

Iowa state over TCU IOSTATE Win--5/5
SMU over Houston -SMU up 7-- 6/6
Kentucky over Georgia tied-- ?/7
Xavier over Marquette later-- ?/8

Creighton over Georgetown-Sun-- ?/9

These are upset dependent:
Texas over Kansas state 0/1
Missouri over Tennessee 0/2
Old miss over Arkansas 0/3
Loyola over IllinoisSt ?/4

Last edited by a moderator:
After the NW/RU game, Chris Collins had two separate but very animated conversations with the RU coach and then two RU players. These chats may have been harmless but it was interesting to watch yet both times the telecast switched away from these scenes to show other players just standing in line doing nothing. That happens way too often in sporting events where the producers have no feel for what the hell is going on.

Do we root for UVA here? I know we are close to them in the standings but we can't afford UVA to continue to struggle and weaken our win,

13 games tracking Nine are games were we need the favorite to win!
Went 4/4 to start early!-Nova over SH/WVUover T Tch/Duke over Wake- Miami/Clemson better for bubble worse for conference.

Iowa state over TCU IOSTATE Win--5/5
SMU over Houston -SMU up 7-- 6/6
Kentucky over Georgia 7/7
Seven for seven with two left
Xavier over Marquette later-- ?/8
Creighton over Georgetown-Sun-- ?/9

Plus maybe one upset if Illinois State loses

upload_2017-2-18_20-33-29.png

Georgia may be the most hard luck team in the country this year. This pretty much does them in,.

upload_2017-2-18_20-33-29.png

3rd loss in a row for TCU and they fall to 6-8 in Big 12. Next two games are at Kansas and at home vs West Virginia. Looking at that game on March 1 vs Kansas St as perhaps being a crucial one for both of them.

upload_2017-2-18_20-34-35.png

Arkansas is playing well, The key stretch for them will be the final 3 games -- at Auburn, at Florida, Home vs Georgia. Manage to win one of those 3 games, and beat Texas AM this week they should be fine.

So after these 3 games, I have the bubble group at 4-7 today.

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-18_20-28-34.png
    upload_2017-2-18_20-28-34.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 16
Can anyone shed some light on X?

Not only are they getting smoked right now 25-9; but 10 minutes in and no Blueitt and no Sumner; we all know what happened to Myles Davis. They are coming off a 12pt loss to Providence. They appear to be a shell of their former selves - missing their top 3 players

Go Virginia, beat North Carolina...twice. UVA doing well helps us, UNC doing well helps Miami and GTech. Win or lose this game I really hope UVA beats Miami Monday night, the first loss of four in a row to end the regular season for the Canes.

upload_2017-2-18_20-41-45.png

An AAC team doesn't get as many opportunities to have a big win at home. I think they will need to win at Cincy to have a shot now. Although Houston could be dangerous in the AAC tourney.

upload_2017-2-18_20-44-25.png

Of all the 30-50 mid majors with empty schedules (Akron, UT Arlington, Monmouth, Nevada) I think this is one that we need to be concerned with the most as they have the best power rankings.

So the bubble group is now 4-8 this weekend. Let's finish off the good weekend tomorrow.

Anyone else think if Pitt runs the table prior to the ACCT that they're back in the conversation?

- Right now they have #10 SOS and #60 RPI - both more than good enough for an at-large
- They did very good damage out of conference: @Maryland, Penn State (neutral), Marquette (neutral) - then a loss to SMU (neutral)
- Of their 12 losses right now - 8 are against the top 50
- They do have a bad loss against Duquense - but other than that their worst loss is @ NC State
- They also have wins against UVA and Syracuse

They look like they will be beat FSU today.

So for arguments sake, if they win out they'll finish: 19-12 overall, 8-10 in the ACC. After FSU today they have @Wake, UNC @GaTech and @UVA. Gotta think they'd be a lock if they win out - and in decent shape if they finish 4-1.

I saw there was quite a bit of Pitt discussion later in this thread. To me they should be in extremely good shape at 8-10. I think they may even get in at 7-11... all the remaining games they have left are quality games -- road wins vs bubble teams or top 25 teams.

They have ten conference losses, they are done.

They probably are done because I can't see them going 3-1 to have a shot at 7-11. But 10 losses is not necessarily a barrier for some ACC and B12 teams that did not crap the bed in the out of conference.

Leave it to Buttgers to blow it against Northwestern.

I was tracking that game a bit while I was taking some time away from basketball and went for a long walk on the Rideau Canal in Ottawa.

If they had lost that one, they had 2 road games coming. I would like to them finally make it and I think this was the close call they needed to overcome.

You gotta root for NW. First time ever making tournament.

They probably need to win one more game over their last 4. After they almost lost to Rutgers, I'm going to wait for them to actually win that game before saying they are in.

Wow looked much worse watching it. Good news for them if that's the case.
yeah I find it very hard to believe it's just a sprain - I mean not only did it look grotesque but why the stretcher? they don't even use a stretcher for ACLs

Can anyone shed some light on X?

Not only are they getting smoked right now 25-9; but 10 minutes in and no Blueitt and no Sumner; we all know what happened to Myles Davis. They are coming off a 12pt loss to Providence. They appear to be a shell of their former selves - missing their top 3 players

Agreed, I think their in trouble

Pitt is in the same situation as Miami, closing out the season with 3 of the 4 remaining games on the road and underdog in every one of them. Anything's possible but I can't see Pitt making the bubble.

Oklahoma St has to feel fairly good about their tourney chances, currently an 8 seed on the matrix.

But then you have this

upload_2017-2-18_21-25-8.png

And the 4 games after that

upload_2017-2-18_21-26-3.png

If they lose tonight to fall to 6-8 in conference, a 7-11 conference record is not inconceivable. Would wins At Arkansas, A Wichita St, and Neutral over Georgetown be enough to overcome that. It could well en enough, but they would certainly be walking the line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom