Bucs going with Shady? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Bucs going with Shady?

No way. This is schady's mo. He's a better version of Tom Obrien.

He puts his name out there for every opening because it's one of his recruiting tactics. He can then tell them all that A) he's such a great coach everybody wants him, B) he 'turns down' alleged interest/offer then tells recruits it's because he has so much love for rutgers and his players. Everybody eats this sht up.
Yeah, this is it. Expect Schiano's statement about having second thoughts at any time.

Please delete. Apparently my view of the threads was sorted that I did not notice the very long thread already started. My appologies

I've heard Tressel has already bought a house in Piscataway.

One of his daughters plays field hockey for St. Peter's and another is on the tennis team at Wagner.

TB goes from Chip Kelly to Schiano. Talk about opposite approaches.

With Schiano completely boning RU, maybe he and DM are mafia buddies both secretly working for SU after all. ;)

I realize that coaches leave for greener pastures all the time, but how does Schiano tell his recruits and team that he's leaving at this late juncture? And if his replacement is a current HC, how does he tell his recruits he's leaving for Rutgers, now?

I realize that coaches leave for greener pastures all the time, but how does Schiano tell his recruits and team that he's leaving at this late juncture?
"The opportunity was just presented to me. It's too good to pass up. Good luck next season. I'll be pulling for you. Keep chopping away!"

Truty hilarious, if true.

I can't imagine the Bucs can't do better than a guy who has a .500 record in the Big East and finished last in 2010. He is a truly awful game day coach. And in the NFL, the league sets your schedules for you. You can't fatten your record with a steady diet of MEAC schools like Norfolk State.

Again, if true, a few recruits may switch to other teams. But I'm unaware of any precedent for a large proportion of a recruiting class jumping ship because of a coaching change.

In retrospect what Schiano did was to take a school with a lot of resources from terrible to average. That's not a tremendous feat. But to the RU faithful, it was miraculous. And it was an interesting story for the Press.

But underlying Schiano's approach was a huge layer of lies and eventually the promises were going to catch up to him. So he caught the first stagecoach out of Dodge City.

Greg's award for 2010 for Family Head of the Year is in jeopardy.

"We are FAMILY here at Rutgers", he said over and over again.

But when a better offer came along, Daddy said goodby to Mom and the kids who were standing on the front porch crying and waving. "Gotta go, family. Got a better offer from a better looking new girlfriend who has a rich father." he said from the back seat of the Rolls Royce.

"Step on it, Pablo", He told the driver of the limo, "These people are bringing me down."

People have been looking for good news and here it is...

This better be a busy day for Doug...He needs to be on the phone with all there recruits it is time to make a move Doug.

rivalsmike Mike Farrell
Greg Schiano was supposed to be at Don Bosco today recruiting but has not shown up yet according to a source. #Rutgers.
Doug should fly down and show up in his place.

rivalsmike Mike Farrell
Greg Schiano was supposed to be at Don Bosco today recruiting but has not shown up yet according to a source. #Rutgers.
Doug should fly down and show up in his place.
Greg was supposed to be at Paterno's funeral yesterday, but skipped it to go to Tampa to negotiate. Some family guy.

HCDM is already on the road according to the post standard -- they just didn't say where ... perhaps Northern NJ?

For s and giggles, we should invite their entire recruiting class for an official visit this weekend.

This must kill Rutgers recruiting wise. They don't have the time to find a new coach before next Wednesday. So what do you do if you are a recruit? No way I'd sign with them not knowing who my coach will be. Plus I bet some of his assistants go with him. Shady is like the captain of that cruise liner in Italy. He's the first one off the ship.

If he is leaving, I am willing to bet that he justifies what he did to them by saying he left them in great shape to compete for a National Championship.

For s and giggles, we should invite their entire recruiting class for an official visit this weekend.
And be given campus tours by Freeney, McNabb and MJ's daughter!