Buddy Boeheim: OKC Thunder | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim: OKC Thunder

Cole’s ability to do other things besides shoot the ball (more athletic, not as big of a liability on defense, rebounding the basketball, etc).

That’s true. He is more athletic I think. I still am not sure he’s athletic enough but I hope I am wrong.

Tell that to the Lakers. Seems like you’re trying hard to argue with everyone in this thread just to argue. Have at it. I’m out.
"argue". It's a message board, we are having a discussion.

You seem to have a hard time when someone disagrees with your point.

Remember earlier this year when you called everyone morons and had a complete meltdown, then completely changed your mind on your point later in the year when you were proven to be wrong? I do.

"argue". It's a message board, we are having a discussion.

You seem to have a hard time when someone disagrees with your point.

Remember earlier this year when you called everyone morons and had a complete meltdown, then completely changed your mind on your point later in the year when you were proven to be wrong? I do.
Lol and you’ve never been wrong? I know it’s a chore to get you to admit to it.

Duncan Robinson makes 90 million. That’s a fact. You’re arguing with me because that’s all you ever like to do. The Lakers started freaking Austin Reaves a quarter of the season last year.

Duncan Robinson signed a 90 million dollar contract. If that’s not making it then I’m not sure what is.

Duncan Robinson's signed that deal and it's become an albatross now and why he's in every trade rumor.

It's why Bertans contract became the same thing.

Cole Swider will not get a $90M contract.

The goal should be literally getting a converted contract to just sit on the bench and maybe get spot minutes if there is a rash of injuries on the Lakers. That is a HUGE win. He is an undrafted 23 year old in Summer League.

He is playing in SL where 75% of the guys will never see an NBA roster and having real issues with speed and quickness and lateral movement on O and D, but is shooting very well. He is a pure catch and shoot guy that could mix it up on the boards to be serviceable on that end but can't play D to save his life.

This is no knock against him. He's already done more than was expected. He will get paid lots of money relative to normal working people to play ball somewhere.

This kid plays one minute of meaningful game time for the Lakers, that is a monster victory, truly.

Lol and you’ve never been wrong? I know it’s a chore to get you to admit to it.

Duncan Robinson makes 90 million. That’s a fact. You’re arguing with me because that’s all you ever like to do. The Lakers started freaking Austin Reaves a quarter of the season last year.
Nah, I'm wrong all the time. I just don't call people morons and idiots because I disagree with them about sports takes. You seem to have a hard time with that.

Duncan Robinson's contract is a fact. It's my opinion based on watching the NBA that Miami regrets that.

I'm not sure what Austin Reaves starting on a bad basketball team has to do with "shooter only" types getting PT in the NBA

Duncan Robinson's signed that deal and it's become an albatross now and why he's in every trade rumor.

It's why Bertans contract became the same thing.

Cole Swider will not get a $90M contract.

The goal should be literally getting a converted contract to just sit on the bench and maybe get spot minutes if there is a rash of injuries on the Lakers. That is a HUGE win. He is an undrafted 23 year old in Summer League.

He is playing in SL where 75% of the guys will never see an NBA roster and having real issues with speed and quickness and lateral movement on O and D, but is shooting very well. He is a pure catch and shoot guy that could mix it up on the boards to be serviceable on that end but can't play D to save his life.

This is no knock against him. He's already done more than was expected. He will get paid lots of money relative to normal working people to play ball somewhere.

This kid plays one minute of meaningful game time for the Lakers, that is a monster victory, truly.
I never said otherwise. Duncan Robinson makes 90 million. You can’t take that away from him. You can criticize the contract, but he makes 90 million. You guys are moving the goalposts.

Last edited:
That’s true. He is more athletic I think. I still am not sure he’s athletic enough but I hope I am wrong.

Cole can't play D at the NBA level at all. On ball or rotating right now.

He can kind of board for his role.

He is catch and shoot.

The NBA is super hard to make and even harder to be in the rotation. The fact that Cole is doing what he is doing in SL is a testament to the kid's work ethic.

Buddy and Cole have achieved more than 99.99999% of all the people in the world will ever do at basketball. Kudos to them. They get a minute of legit NBA game time, that is incredible.

No one's college career is depressed in credibility due to lack of NBA tenure. Two separate things. UNC just went to the title game and a bunch of those guys came back bc they had a lot of work to do to make an NBA roster. It is very very hard.

Cole and Buddy need to play on teams with a player who demands a double team. This will allow teams to reverse the ball to find open shooters. There’s none of this playing in summer leagues. You watch Milwaukee play and there are always wide open three point shooters. Style of play and coaching will determine if Cole and Buddy make it in the NBA.

Nah, I'm wrong all the time. I just don't call people morons and idiots because I disagree with them about sports takes. You seem to have a hard time with that.

Duncan Robinson's contract is a fact. It's my opinion based on watching the NBA that Miami regrets that.

I'm not sure what Austin Reaves starting on a bad basketball team has to do with "shooter only" types getting PT in the NBA
The league adapts quickly. The Lakers need cheap shooters. Cole has a real shot. He’s making the most of his opportunity. He will never be a great athlete and he will always have all these limitations, but I could see him making the roster. He may be wearing a suit most nights, but he could get a spot.

I never said otherwise. Duncan Robinson makes 90 million. You can’t take that away from him. You can criticize the contract but he makes 90 million. You guys are moving the goalposts.

I won't belabor this because I think we're prob going past each other and arguing in good faith, but my point is that Cole's goal for his role on an NBA team is to just be on the bench and that is a monster victory.

If he ever plays meaningful minutes, that is out of this world great.

If he were to secure the equivalent of a $90M contract (which means he's basically a playoff rotation guy), I would lose my mind with joy.

I just think these guys even getting two ways is a huge victory. NBA is just such a high bar to hit.

The league adapts quickly. The Lakers need cheap shooters. Cole has a real shot. He’s making the most of his opportunity. He will never be a great athlete and he will always have all these limitations, but I could see him making the roster. He may be wearing a suit most nights, but he could get a spot.
For sure...especially about the cheap part if they go after Kyrie.

I hope I'm not coming off as a hater, because your scenario would be a huge win for him and should be treated as such.

I think there's a spot for Cole too. I'm just suggesting that pointing to Duncan Robinson as the "all he does is shoot" example as his playing time rapidly declined this year isnt the great point some think it is
Eh, his playing time declined but 1) the Heat are weird about rotations, especially in the playoffs and 2) even with the dwindling playing time that contract is guaranteed for several more seasons.

If anything it was the Heat that made a bad deal and then tanked his value.

Whatever. It had zero to do with my post so either that got under your skin or you’re trying to get under mine by bringing something up from 9 months ago that I thought we put in the past, but I guess I should have figured otherwise when you borderline called me racist in another thread.

Duncan Robinson makes 90 million. He’s made it. It doesn’t matter if he deserves it or not. It doesn’t matter what you feel. He has made 90 million. And it has zero to do with Cole Swider.

And Austin Reaves was brought up because there’s plenty of players in the league who have done sht in college and pop up in the NBA.

I hope I'm not coming off as a hater, because your scenario would be a huge win for him and should be treated as such.
I don't see why ANYONE would be considered a hater here.

The question was asked " Does Duncan Robinson do anything besides shoot?"
My response was basically "eh, his stock has dropped a ton. I don't know if thats the best example"

and there we go.

Nah, I don’t think you are a hater. You’re right. A whole lot of things have to align for it to happen.

Agree that Duncan Robinson not a great positive example after recent events so Im trying to think of more comps. Obviously buddy is a lot bigger but... Patty Mills at brooklyn? A minus on defense due to his small size but they still give him minutes, doesn't do a whole lot in the lane, just gets off that three and shoots it at a good rate, in fact he is even streaky like Buddy. Still a fairly casual NBA fan so probably some factors I am not considering. He's faster than Buddy so that helps with getting open.

He is catch and shoot.

The NBA is super hard to make and even harder to be in the rotation. The fact that Cole is doing what he is doing in SL is a testament to the kid's work ethic.

Buddy and Cole have achieved more than 99.99999% of all the people in the world will ever do at basketball. Kudos to them. They get a minute of legit NBA game time, that is incredible.

No one's college career is depressed in credibility due to lack of NBA tenure. Two separate things. UNC just went to the title game and a bunch of those guys came back bc they had a lot of work to do to make an NBA roster. It is very very hard.

This is exactly how I feel. The summer games are nice but I don’t think they change much of anything.

People love to point to Duncan, but he lost a TON of playing time this year due to his lack of D. He wasn't in the regular playoff rotation until injuries occurred
Duncan lost PT because people figured him out offensively and wasn’t a net positive on the floor anymore. The lack of D was always there.

But if you look at his SL highlight from his first year, it looks night and day from what Buddy has shown so far.

Nova douchebags wearing basketball jerseys over their button downs booing Cole in the Garden makes me very happy that it will say Syracuse next to his name when he's getting burn next to LeBron next season

He is catch and shoot.

I usually agree with your NBA takes, but Cole or Buddy getting NBA time would be incredible at this point? I’ll bet you straight up that BOTH guys get a minute of time this year, $100 bucks to the Boeheim Foundation?

I usually agree with your NBA takes, but Cole or Buddy getting NBA time would be incredible at this point? I’ll bet you straight up that BOTH guys get a minute of time this year, $100 bucks to the Boeheim Foundation?

I won't wager with you, I don't do that via message board peeps as I've gotten older (just a thing, totally appreciate the charitable aspect).

You think Buddy will play a meaningful minute on an NBA team this year? I get Cole. Sure, he has a shot (even tho I wouldn't bet on it), but Buddy? I think that is a very long shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom