Buddy Boeheim: Signing 2-way with Pistons | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim: Signing 2-way with Pistons

Does he pop up to the NBA minimum for any amount of time he spends on their roster? I know lots of borderline MLB catchers have very lucrative careers being on the roster parts of 7 or 8 seasons, while actually playing in only about 100 games for their career.

Buddy might be taking the NBA version of this career track. Just sticking around long enough to get the NBA pension and lifetime healthcare will be incredibly valuable if he decides not to go into coaching.

I believe that's more or less how it works, but if he's not on a two-way deal, I think the only way to end up on the NBA squad is to either sign a full contract with the team or a 10-day contract. Each team is limited to giving a player two 10-day contracts in a season.

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain the only guys that can frequently and easily go up and down between the NBA team and their G-League affiliate are guys on two-way deals or guys that have contracts with the NBA team and are sent down for assignment.

I believe that's more or less how it works, but if he's not on a two-way deal, I think the only way to end up on the NBA squad is to either sign a full contract with the team or a 10-day contract. Each team is limited to giving a player two 10-day contracts in a season.

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain the only guys that can frequently and easily go up and down between the NBA team and their G-League affiliate are guys on two-way deals or guys that have contracts with the NBA team and are sent down for assignment.
Ex 10s are only training camp deals so the pistons can retain his rights for their GLeague team. Need to be on an NBA contract to move from G League to NBA or vice versa.

Ex 10s are only training camp deals so the pistons can retain his rights for their GLeague team. Need to be on an NBA contract to move from G League to NBA or vice versa.

Right, the only guys that can move back and forth are guys on two-way deals or that have an NBA contract.

That deal will keep him in the Pistons system and get him some NBA PT at some point this year.

Buddy aside I really don't see the Pistons playing for anything but the #1 pick anytime soon.
Only way he will get NBA PT on that is if they convert him back to a two way.

At least he’ll get a shot at the Pistons’ last two-way contract based on training camp. If not, probably better served jumping overseas.

At least he’ll get a shot at the Pistons’ last two-way contract based on training camp. If not, probably better served jumping overseas.
Reading the tea leaves, it looks like he and his agent would possibly prefer another gleague season this year over playing internationally.

Any idea how he’s doing in the G League?

Pistons sure could use him and you’d think he’d get a 7 day somewhere from them to try and end their 20+ game losing streak.

39% from three he’s better than the scrubs who have lost 26 straight games and can only help them. I bet if they call him up he gets hot and ends the streak.
yeah he’s def a better shooter (and overall nba player) than Bogdanovic

39% from three he’s better than the scrubs who have lost 26 straight games and can only help them. I bet if they call him up he gets hot and ends the streak.
How much are you betting?

Only way he will get NBA PT on that is if they convert him back to a two way.

He is also eligible for a 10 day contract as of now — and he can be signed by any team in the NBA not just Detroit.

He can also be signed to a 2 way contract by any team in the NBA not just Detroit) Assuming that team has a spot open)

His rights are not owned by Detroit — just their G league team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom