Buddy had 0 rebounds | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy had 0 rebounds

Triche had 53 games where he had one defensive rebound or less his last 3 years here. Waiters played 2 years and he had 37 games where he had one defensive rebound or less.

Did they play on better rebounding teams? Curious if they had more steals.

Did they play on better rebounding teams? Curious if they had more steals.

Obviously they were better players, but this isn’t the point.

When was the last time we were a good rebounding team?

I said at the beginning of the year we would suck at rebounding because we always have. For some reason every year people get amnesia and think we used to be able to rebound out of the zone. We never have been able to rebound. Believe it or not we are better rebounding so far this year than we were last year, 2012, 2010 and 2013.

Again I’m not arguing players, but I’ve given up thinking we would be able to rebound a longgggg time ago.

Obviously they were better players, but this isn’t the point.

When was the last time we were a good rebounding team?

I said at the beginning of the year we would suck at rebounding because we always have. For some reason every year people get amnesia and think we used to be able to rebound out of the zone. We never have been able to rebound. Believe it or not we are better rebounding so far this year than we were last year, 2012, 2010 and 2013.

Again I’m not arguing players, but I’ve given up thinking we would be able to rebound a longgggg time ago.

A better rebounding team Cf0307, not necessarily good. The guards are needed big time on this particular team to get rebounds/free balls.

Hughes had two rebounds in 40 minutes, with one coming late in the game. Girard had one rebound in 36 minutes.

A better rebounding team Cf0307, not necessarily good. The guards are needed big time on this particular team to get rebounds/free balls.

No kidding, but this isn't going to change as long as we play zone with JB. It's not any indictment on any of our players, but we've NEVER had strong rebounders from the guard position.

The BJ Johnson thing always puzzled me. Does anyone know what BJ's 3 point shooting % was at LaSalle?

36% approximately both seasons.

Unsurprisingly, in his Sophomore year at SU his 3PT% percentage was good in games where he played significant minutes (and thus had more attempts), but bad in games where he played under 10 minutes and missed his first attempt, maybe two, and sat for it.

Hughes had two rebounds in 40 minutes, with one coming late in the game. Girard had one rebound in 36 minutes.

Sounds like the coaches better be looking at tape and seeing why and where the players are and trying to fix some of those problems.

Just noticed Buddy has a total of 6 rebounds over the last 7 games in 229 minutes. That's pretty poor as he is bigger than all the guys listed below. Maybe he is being directed to get back on defense since foot speed is not a strength.
  • Girard has 15 rebounds over the last 7 games in 211 minutes
  • Washington has 8 rebounds over his last 7 and has played 60 minutes
  • Goodine has 6 rebounds over his last 7 games in 78 minutes
Cuse!
I think this is the case. We got burned in transition a lot early in the season and I am pretty sure both guards were instructed to focus on getting back and eliminating fast break baskets instead of getting rebounds.

Hughes gets a little lost on defense from time to time. And he can rebound, but it's all about effort.

Knowing we are a bad rebounding team should cause our players to show more effort there, instead of just resigning themselves to the fact they are bad at rebounding.

I don't know that this is significant for the overall point - I mean Hughes likely has more rebounds in the last 4 or 5 games than Buddy does on the season. Girard is probably close to that as well.

Anyway, I have no major issue with Buddy's rebounding, just more the 40 minute thing. Again, if he had some supplementary skill other than the notion that just by being on the court everyone else is ten times better because he shoots 40% from three (is he shooting 40%), I'd be fine, but he doesn't.

I don't know that this is significant for the overall point - I mean Hughes likely has more rebounds in the last 4 or 5 games than Buddy does on the season. Girard is probably close to that as well.

Anyway, I have no major issue with Buddy's rebounding, just more the 40 minute thing. Again, if he had some supplementary skill other than the notion that just by being on the court everyone else is ten times better because he shoots 40% from three (is he shooting 40%), I'd be fine, but he doesn't.

38%.

Well, 37.8% to be precise.

I’m not the Buddy Basher you guys seem to be but I will admit he had no right playing 40 minutes last night.
i agree with this, i think hes worthy of alot of mins but he should at least get a few mins out.

Triche had 53 games where he had one defensive rebound or less his last 3 years here. Waiters played 2 years and he had 37 games where he had one defensive rebound or less.

Was just going to bring up Triche's rebounding stats. He was stronger and more athletic than buddy, yet I don't remember countless threads singling him out for his rebounding numbers.

Trevor Cooney - who was also stronger and more athletic than Buddy - had 5 games in 2015-16 with 0 rebounds and 5 more with 1 rebound. Plenty of threads about his shooting, but I don't remember much about him being a poor rebounder at the top of the zone.

Was just going to bring up Triche's rebounding stats. He was stronger and more athletic than buddy, yet I don't remember countless threads singling him out for his rebounding numbers.
Triche played some PG and could penetrate and did more things on the court. Buddy needs to develop a second trait on the court. Like Rautins got steals.
He can’t just be a high volume streak shooter.
He is a good piece. He isn’t a superstar.

Trevor Cooney - who was also stronger and more athletic than Buddy - had 5 games in 2015-16 with 0 rebounds and 5 more with 1 rebound. Plenty of threads about his shooting, but I don't remember much about him being a poor rebounder at the top of the zone.
Cooney was a better defender than Buddy.
Buddy is a way better shooter IMO than Cooney.

Combine the two we have a pro prospect.

Hey lots of 30-40 yr old guys play at the pace that Buddy does and go 2 hrs of rec ball without subbing out.. girard has a much higher motor and need a little time to sit or he might be playing all 40 too.

I would be interesing to know which shooter Hughes or Buddy is getting the better defender from most teams every night.

Triche played on teams with BMK, Rak, Jerami Grant, MCW, Southerland, CJ Fair, Fab, Rick J... There's only so many rebounds to go around. And yet against Marquette in the tourney, he had 6 and MCW had 11. Guards need to contribute, especially on this awful rebounding team we currently run out there.

I would be interesing to know which shooter Hughes or Buddy is getting the better defender from most teams every night.
Gtown put their best guy on Hughes and made him stay on Eli in the second half. Which is one of the reasons Eli was pretty much shut down in that half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom