Buddy suspended for Duke | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy suspended for Duke

A flagrant two foul also includes automatic ejection for the player that committed the foul.

so is there even a rule about a next-game suspension?

Feel like if this was January he gets suspended.

But man, ACCT, ACC leading scorer, JB vs K for the last time, Brooklyn.

I gotta think the ACC wants him to play
This isn’t a grey area . It’s an explicit rule. You can’t punch people. It’s ejection and suspension. This isn’t the NHL where you serve 5 minutes and get back in there

The refs stopped play and reviewed it and didn't make a call. The ruling on the field stands.

This isn’t a grey area . It’s an explicit rule. You can’t punch people. It’s ejection and suspension. This isn’t the NHL where you serve 5 minutes and get back in there

Yeah the better argument, considering the rule, is “that was no punch, it was an inadvertent love tap when he swung around”.

JB probably shouldn’t have finished his observations by saying
“you can’t just let people push you around”

Oh god, ESPN now showing video of Jim saying he saw the play twice and saying he didn’t think Buddy hit him. Cringe…

10% chance he gets suspended. The "punch" was probably the weakest it could be to still be considered a punch. It not like he sucker punched him in the head. It will be forgotten about by halftime tomorrow if he plays.

The refs stopped play and reviewed it and didn't make a call. The ruling on the field stands.
Did they ever confirm that’s what they were looking at?

10% chance he gets suspended. The "punch" was probably the weakest it could be to still be considered a punch. It not like he sucker punched him in the head. It will be forgotten about by halftime tomorrow if he plays.
75% suspended. And I’m being kind.

Oh god, ESPN now showing video of Jim saying he saw the play twice and saying he didn’t think Buddy hit him. Cringe…

JB should have pulled a Dino and said "We'll have to review the film".

yeah, I was cringing bad.

Jake is 100 percent right. It’s the use of inadvertent with the slo mo replay of a clear directed punch (and it was a punch, guys)...just doesn’t seem like this will end well for us

I will say LaPhonso and Seth are trying to make the decision for the ACC.
They need something to talk about regarding the game because it was such a blow out. Ellis had nothing besides “Florida state TRANSITION”

Flagrant two is defined as 'excessive' I just can't see the hit being considered 'excessive'. Hopefully it won't result in a suspension.

yeah, I was cringing bad.

Jake is 100 percent right. It’s the use of inadvertent with the slo mo replay of a clear directed punch (and it was a punch, guys)...just doesn’t seem like this will end well for us
Is throwing an elbow as bad as throwing that punch? Guys should be suspended every game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom