Buddy suspended for Duke | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy suspended for Duke

Did buddy's right thumb knuckle connected or was it the soft part of the palm that connected?

Maybe he should give Wilkes some Buddy Bucks.

I don't think so. I think the league will talk to buddy, Jim, review the tape and make a decision. They might talk to Hamilton (hope so after that video) and I guess it's possible they talk to Wilkes. I think Buddy will get a fair shake. If he is suspended, he deserves it. I just want the League to be consistent in how they dole out punishment. Up to this point, I don't believe they have been.
IDK how they don't suspend him. It would be a frenzy. Wonder if Buddy should apologize publicly. Would it help? IDK. I would hate that to be his last game.

If you listen to all of JBs comments on the matter, they’re reasonable. He said Buddy shouldn’t have done it, but he did. I hate that he used “inadvertent”, but I think he was explaining that Buddy wasn’t trying to hurt the guy, just respond physically, and chose the wrong way to do it.

Whether Buddy gets suspended or not, it was stupid. I think the other guy was using his p0rn star acting skills with that reaction, but it was still a punch, so we are at the mercy of the ACC. Luckily, the ACC is always fair to Syracuse.
I say we let Harry Reems make the decision on the suspension

They have to check with Coach K first to see what he wants to do.

Do you want to beat SU by 20 with Buddy, or beat SU by 40 without Buddy?
Not a bad point lol. K probably vouching to let Buddy play. Being serious too.

3 thoughts

1, I have absolutely no problem if Buddy gets suspended for the game tomorrow

2, who had "Buddy competes for dumbest end of his career with Frankie Howard" on their bingo card?

3, I never anticipated that 5X40 would happen because of a Buddy suspension

So, they go to the studio and the host says Syracuse over FSU but that isn't the story. He didn't hurt the guy. I mean, you would think he picked up a chair and hit him. The sad story is that this takes away from a great victory and a great game by Cole.

If you listen to all of JBs comments on the matter, they’re reasonable. He said Buddy shouldn’t have done it, but he did. I hate that he used inadvertent, but I think he was explaining that Buddy wasn’t trying to hurt the guy, just respond physically, and chose the wrong way to do it.

May have said “inadvertent” because the ACC hasn’t ruled yet. If I’m the coach I’m not happy, but it’s not the kind of situation that I’m angry about and levying an in house suspension either (maybe make him forfeit his meal money for the trip) because (1) there was hard questionable contact to provoke it, (2) it was a “weak” punch, (3) it’s almost questionable whether it was a punch or slap/push…..almost.

So, they go to the studio and the host says Syracuse over FSU but that isn't the story. He didn't hurt the guy. I mean, you would think he picked up a chair and hit him. The sad story is that this takes away from a great victory and a great game by Cole.
So many cuse grads at espn and sports media. The non SU guys/girls love to see us fail

May have said “inadvertent” because the ACC hasn’t ruled yet. If I’m the coach I’m not happy, but it’s not the kind of situation that I’m angry about and levying an in house penalty either because (1) there was hard questionable contact to provoke it, (2) it was a “weak” punch, (3) it’s almost questionable whether it was a punch or slap/push…..almost.
If I were JB, I would call it an aggressive hug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom