Buddy suspended for Duke | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy suspended for Duke

FNbeooVVgAERtAo

It’s a closed fist.

Think you could make an argument for it being an excite fist pump

I also don’t necessarily think the FSU player “overreacted” he didn’t even go to the refs about it when it wasn’t called and FSU coach didn’t ask for it to be reviewed.

Buddy than talked to the kid after it.

I know ESPN is harping on it….but I think the ACC needs to use common sense here…
ESPN is always looking for stories like everyone has said here.

There is not one person here who would say he shouldn't have been bounced either today or tomorrow if the player was on the opposing team.
The question is if your neutral watching the game. The FSU kid made a meal out of it. Should have been flagerant foul give FSU the free throws and move on. Kid must watch a lot of premier league. Keep calling it a punch, it was one candy ass punch. Forget it just give Buddy a yellow card.

lol some people acting like the FSU guy full on hit sticked Buddy. It’s a box out, and really not an overly outrageous one either.

That kid probably knows what an animal Buddy is on the boards.

Honestly, that might be the only time I've ever notice Buddy look unhappy on the court. He's certainly a very pleasant kid.

Whether Buddy gets suspended or not, it was stupid. I think the other guy was using his p0rn star acting skills with that reaction, but it was still a punch, so we are at the mercy of the ACC. Luckily, the ACC is always fair to Syracuse.

I guess the better question is, if he is suspended... is there an appeals process?

If so, can that appeal allow him to play at 12 p.m. tomorrow?

Would have to think there could be some sort of action taken by SU to make sure it gets caught up in some sort of litigation.

I would expect a ruling from the ACC at halftime of the Wake game. Maybe after it’s over, but before the night session.
I'm wondering if the ACC would make an announcement if it wasn't a suspension.

I guess the better question is, if he is suspended... is there an appeals process?

If so, can that appeal allow him to play at 12 p.m. tomorrow?

Would have to think there could be some sort of action taken by SU to make sure it gets caught up in some sort of litigation.
I don't think so. I think the league will talk to buddy, Jim, review the tape and make a decision. They might talk to Hamilton (hope so after that video) and I guess it's possible they talk to Wilkes. I think Buddy will get a fair shake. If he is suspended, he deserves it. I just want the League to be consistent in how they dole out punishment. Up to this point, I don't believe they have been.

I don't think so. I think the league will talk to buddy, Jim, review the tape and make a decision. They might talk to Hamilton (hope so after that video) and I guess it's possible they talk to Wilkes. I think Buddy will get a fair shake. If he is suspended, he deserves it. I just want the League to be consistent in how they dole out punishment. Up to this point, I don't believe they have been.
This goes against the karma we’ve gotten all season, but I’ll take it!

There is not one person here who would say he shouldn't have been bounced either today or tomorrow if the player was on the opposing team.
If that light hit was to the face or the nuts, suspend. Everything else is a "play on" regardless of the uniform the player is wearing.

Are u saying this based on watching the game live or just the clip espn is now showing? When they first showed the exchange, it was a prett decent shoulder , and more than a normal box out, by Wilkes.
Both, but I was looking at clips on Twitter that showed more of the initial shoulder. Wasn’t anything dirty at all. If anything, it’s just a player knowing he was stronger than Buddy and could get position on him. Also I bet partly a senior move trying to get under our star’s skin, which it clearly did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom