Buddy suspended for Duke | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy suspended for Duke

I saw it as a flagrant 2 with ejection from this game. Yes, it might have been provoked somewhat, but it was unnecessary. Wish that is what would have happened as we would be in a better position tomorrow. The refs didn't go to the monitor for about two minutes and I don't think we are sure if that is what they were looking at or whether it was a clock issue. I've seen a lot worse with no fouls called or perhaps a flagrant 1, but hard to imagine a one game suspension. Maybe the refs should get the suspension? Unfortunately we will never get a break from any governing body and fear we will be one guard short vs Duke.

F912A9AF-EE8D-4E5A-9E70-6D93DDDC423F.jpeg

Flagrant two is defined as 'excessive' I just can't see the hit being considered 'excessive'. Hopefully it won't result in a suspension.
What planet are some of you on? Now a punch isn’t excessive because it was not a strong punch ? Is the implication that there are acceptable levels of punching opponents with closed fists ?

Flagrant two is defined as 'excessive' I just can't see the hit being considered 'excessive'. Hopefully it won't result in a suspension.

A “punch” is automatically considered excessive. The intent associated with a punch makes it excessive. So, if it’s deemed a punch, he’s down for the next game.

If you heard the whole exchange on the radio, a reporter (who had access to the replays on his phone) asked the question, and JB (who hadn't seen any replays) responded that from what he recalled, it looked inadvertent.
Maybe it was a dif reporter. This was Waters. JB said he saw it twice. And wasn’t referring to 2 different pushes by Wilkes.

Is throwing an elbow as bad as throwing that punch? Guys should be suspended every game.
They unfortunately have these things called rules where they define all this stuff ahead of time

I think they intended to look at it, but I think they changed their mind because I think you can only go back and look after the next dead ball. I think they missed the window to review it.

I will say LaPhonso and Seth are trying to make the decision for the ACC.
they are paid to give their opinions and it's not like it's out of left field. having said that, I think espn has made this in to a bit bigger deal than it really was. The ACC will rule whatever they will rule, but it wasn't a life and death kind of thing. the two guys were pretty friendly after the game.

Is throwing an elbow as bad as throwing that punch? Guys should be suspended every game.

I don’t know how many times over the years I’ve seen guys throw an elbow at the back of a kids head and the refs just don’t see it and nothing comes about it from the league.

What planet are some of you on? Now a punch isn’t excessive because it was not a strong punch ? Is the implication that there are acceptable levels of punching opponents with closed fists ?
Perhaps Wilkes flinched? Has anyone considered that?

It looked like a hard tap. I know I'm in the minority on this, but a half hearted jab isn't the same as a full on swing. Dumb decision, but there has to be degrees separating this, and a swing.

I saw it as a flagrant 2 with ejection from this game. Yes, it might have been provoked somewhat, but it was unnecessary. Wish that is what would have happened as we would be in a better position tomorrow. The refs didn't go to the monitor for about two minutes and I don't think we are sure if that is what they were looking at or whether it was a clock issue. I've seen a lot worse with no fouls called or perhaps a flagrant 1, but hard to imagine a one game suspension. Maybe the refs should get the suspension? Unfortunately we will never get a break from any governing body and fear we will be one guard short vs Duke.
I think they intended to look at it, but I think they changed their mind because I think you can only go back and look after the next dead ball. I think they missed the window to review it.
Teddy Tv just wanted more TV time

A “punch” is automatically considered excessive. The intent associated with a punch makes it excessive. So, if it’s deemed a punch, he’s down for the next game.
Well that's a bummer. There should be some wiggle room for a light tap.

It looked like a hard tap. I know I'm in the minority on this, but a half hearted jab isn't the same as a full on swing. Dumb decision, but there has to be degrees separating this, and a swing.
It’s the fact his fist was closed and there was a punching motion. I seriously they are going to adjudicate this based on punch power

Maybe it was a dif reporter. This was Waters. JB said he saw it twice. And wasn’t referring to 2 different pushes by Wilkes.

I saw that, I edited my post (now with video).

it was excessive. flagrant foul. Florida State gets tow shots and the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom