Buddy suspended for Duke | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy suspended for Duke

Out having dinner. Sportcenter on in the background. Just saw the punch about 8 times. Long segment. Wish I could hear it.

FNcgDkpXoAIlnCT

Buddy obviously knows what he did, pretty clear. I reacted to it live. But this smacks of the golf viewer calling in penalties from their HD big screen. Rubs me wrong. If it's during game action it needs to be caught by game official or not.

I know there's all sorts of slippery slope arguments but to me it seems like there's a big difference between in game penalties fouls and after the game discipline. The role of the referee during the game should be more tactical, enforcing the rules as best as they can. Then the league (or conference in this case) should also be looking at the big picture and handing out penalties as appropriate to try to influence norms within the game with things like suspensions (and fines in the pros).

A player getting away with one in the game is bad, but it becomes even worse when everyone just throws up theirs hands afterwards and says "welp, guess there's nothing that can be done" while looking at multiple video replays of the incident.

who?
the ref who flew in from Vegas last night ESPN had on to discuss the situation. Thinks there are consequences to your actions even though Buddy apologized shook hands post game, etc., etc.

Which IMO will be a shame after all we and Buddy have been through this season.

the ref who flew in from Vegas last night ESPN had on to discuss the situation. Thinks there are consequences to your actions even though Buddy apologized shook hands post game, etc., etc.
they pay him for that expert commentary?

I know decisions aren’t based on one event, but anyone think this impacts Buddy’s decision to potentially come back? I can’t see him wanting his college career to end on this specific note.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom