Buddy suspended for Duke | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy suspended for Duke

Is a 1 game suspension during the season the same as a 1 game suspension to end your career and likely your team's hopes of post season play? One seems much more harsh to me.

And isn't it far dumber to do this when you are in the post season playing for your college career to extend longer than during the regular season? The ACC didn't force Buddy to do this when he did.

Looking forward to seldom used walk-on Chuddy Bayshine getting some run tomorrow.

Inkedbuddy_LI.jpg

The suspension was hardly surprising. Everybody on the national sports shows predicted it. Some on local sports were at least hopeful that no action would be taken. It was clearly a punch and the camera got a great shot of it to show over and over. They had to do something. it doesn't matter what we think or want.

We can stitch together a decent line up of Symir, Joe, Jimmy, Cole and Frank but they all have to play their best game of the year and stay healthy and out of foul trouble because depth is ZERO. It was very likely that a blow-out of a disinterested Florida State team would mean nothing against a very interested Duke team. but this likely seals the deal and it is too bad that Buddy's career here and the formal ending of the winning season streak could come under these circumstances but that is extremely likely.

What is wrong with you?
I don't take self righteous attitudes about someone doing something very minor wrong. I tend to give people second chances, especially if that person is one of the nicer people that you see and has never displayed any meanness, ever.

What in God’s name is going on. Did she mean to write “most likely over”? Winning tomorrow wouldn’t even be in the top 10 upsets of the college season all year. I’m just dumbfounded at people thinking we’re playing the Bucks tomorrow. It’s about 5-7% that we win tomorrow. The “zero chance” people are embarrassing themselves.
You see the ML? The books think it’s even better than that...seems crazy

Is a 1 game suspension during the season the same as a 1 game suspension to end your career and likely your team's hopes of post season play? One seems much more harsh to me.
Buddy has a very, very good life/career and the team's chances of further post season play are not demonstrably that much less at this point.

I don't take self righteous attitudes about someone doing something very minor wrong. I tend to give people second chances, especially if that person is one of the nicer people that you see and has never displayed any meanness, ever.
To attack one of good people on this board MSOrange is just low class.
You really are lucky you didn’t get a timeout for that comment.

You see the ML? The books think it’s even better than that...seems crazy
Yeah I’m seeing +660. So about 13%. That’s a little crazy. No value there. I was hoping +800 or higher and then I could sprinkle some 690 scratch

1- the hypocrisy in this is unreal
2-second chances have nothing to do with being properly reprimanded. He has not been stripped of anything. Simply his actions had a consequence that was appropriate.

To attack one of good people on this board MSOrange is just low class.
You really are lucky you didn’t get a timeout for that comment.
I will leave it at this. If I had to be the guy to say, Buddy, you're career is done, you almost insured that your team has no chance at making a majical run to get into the NCAAT and the first losing season in your father's long career. For the offense that occured, I couldn't do it to Buddy or anybody. I just couldn't squeeze the trigger.

Well, he doesn't act like Kiss from Bryant for example.
Which, in athletics, means absolutely nothing.

So what? Mother Theresa would have been suspended if she did what Buddy did.

Of course, she's not nearly the shooter from 3 Buddy is, granted.

What in God’s name is going on. Did she mean to write “most likely over”? Winning tomorrow wouldn’t even be in the top 10 upsets of the college season all year. I’m just dumbfounded at people thinking we’re playing the Bucks tomorrow. It’s about 5-7% that we win tomorrow. The “zero chance” people are embarrassing themselves.

So you think they lose tomorrows game 19x out of 20 but are outraged at the idiots who think they lose all 20? Your percentage is reasonable but at the end of the day your taking about the difference between no chance and virtually no chance so embarrassing yourself comment seems a bit silly.

What does suspension mean besides not playing? Can he be on the sideline cheering or does he have to stay in the hotel room?

What does suspension mean besides not playing? Can he be on the sideline cheering or does he have to stay in the hotel room?
He cannot be on the bench.

Can he be in the building sitting with the crowd? I don't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom