Buddy will be in the NBA | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy will be in the NBA

Hey just messing around. I just found it interesting someone on our roster was actually close.

It's not like I was telling you that Daniel Nava was once the best baseball player ever

I get it. I actually thought your post was quite clever.

It caused me to think about If I really thought Dolejaz would be a 50% 3 point shooter after he takes his next 20 3 point shots.

Is that for career, or just senior year? I'm not sure how to search for conference only, but know he knocked down 40% for his entire senior year. Other years were weaker. And from the eye test, he was money when he was open. You have a point, maybe Buddy is a better shooter. I don't know if 11 ACC games is enough to make any definitive statements. However, I don't think it changes the overall argument. Plenty of taller guys who can shoot never cracked the NBA. He will need to improve in other areas. Listen, I hope he does it and am rooting for him big time. I had him draining 44 three pointers in the IGGY's too!
.326 in conference play his senior year

but here's a curiousity: against kenpom top 50 teams - a healthy sample of 14 games - he shot a blistering .424!

.326 in conference play his senior year

but here's a curiousity: against kenpom top 50 teams - a healthy sample of 14 games - he shot a blistering .424!
Wow - that is very interesting. When I think of Southerland - I think of MCW handing the ball off to him for the easy 3, and the easy assist. Didn't realize he was so inconsistent.

Is that for career, or just senior year? I'm not sure how to search for conference only, but know he knocked down 40% for his entire senior year. Other years were weaker. And from the eye test, he was money when he was open. You have a point, maybe Buddy is a better shooter. I don't know if 11 ACC games is enough to make any definitive statements. However, I don't think it changes the overall argument. Plenty of taller guys who can shoot never cracked the NBA. He will need to improve in other areas. Listen, I hope he does it and am rooting for him big time. I had him draining 44 three pointers in the IGGY's too!
It was career, i was surprised it was that bad

I don't know if he'll make the NBA or not, but I hope he does. JJ Redick might be a better comparison.
Lol funny u said this. I saw this thread n might be a stretch but In terms of comparison was thinking who's that duke player that was a great shooter n in the NBA, then saw this and OH YEA LOL JJ REDICK

That's truly laughable that you don't know and the rest of the board knows exactly what I'm talking about. Look at your post history over the past few years.
Why because I'm negative when the team plays like trash?

As I said, for you to call out someone for a post not aging well is laughable.
I'm as big a buddy fan as there is he didn't play well tonight maybe we should hold off on the NBA talk. Not a big deal and you decide to call me out yet again.

I'm as big a buddy fan as there is he didn't play well tonight maybe we should hold off on the NBA talk. Not a big deal and you decide to call me out yet again.

I didn't agree with the initial post either, but for you to call someone else for a post not aging well is ironic. For you not to understand that shows an amazing lack of awareness on your part.

I didn't agree with the initial post either, but for you to call someone else for a post not aging well is ironic. For you not to understand that shows an amazing lack of awareness on your part.
Dude I was half kidding.

I was never a real Cooney fan. But in fairness, there were games in his upper class seasons in which he was the offense and he careened around the court trying to get an open look off a screen. So that his percentage would fall under those circumstances is hardly surprising to me.

Statistics only tell part of any story.

Aren't you the guy who said that Cooney wasn't a D-1 quality player?

Yup. After his freshman year after watching try and play in a tourney game. He spent more time on the floor in that game than he did standing up.

I thought he was way too slow and clumsy to play for SU.

His defenders said that he would get better. He did.

But Buddy as a freshman is way better than Cooney was as a RS freshman.

Lol funny u said this. I saw this thread n might be a stretch but In terms of comparison was thinking who's that duke player that was a great shooter n in the NBA, then saw this and OH YEA LOL JJ REDICK
They both have a beautiful stroke with that high quick release.

NC State has seen enough tape on Buddy that they were completely prepared for him and he didn’t get anywhere near the same quality of looks as he’s gotten against the parade of bottom feeder ACC teams that we’ve mostly played so far. He needs space and time to get his shot off. Early in the year he was rushing his shot and missing. Middle of the year against the Pitts and BCs he had a little space and made shots at a great high percentage. Last 3 games against more athletic teams that regard him as a threat he hasn’t done well from 3 point range. He’s got 3+ more years to develop but unless he really improves his quickness he’s got no shot at the NBA.

This is truly the most ridiculous thread ever posted on this site ... now we have people essentially saying Danny ferry wasn’t very good at basketball.. buddy would not could not ever sniff the NBA at any point in time of its history and to suggest so is an insult to everyone’s intelligence .. the fact that there is anything but complete rebuke for this ridiculous contention finally let’s me know there is no point in discussing such matters

Odd you should bring that comment of mine in the midst of this festival of crapping all over the players and the coaches including identifying some that are not D1 caliber.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom